Are we about to go on an 8-game losing streak? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Are we about to go on an 8-game losing streak?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This thread really puts our situation is perspective. I expected to finish a game under .500 but I didn't really look at the schedule. We really could finish WAY under .500. I need to go hug my kids.

Reaction Score
This thread really puts our situation is perspective. I expected to finish a game under .500 but I didn't really look at the schedule. We really could finish WAY under .500. I need to go hug my kids.
14-17 is a very real possibility.

Reaction Score
I would like to think Uconn goes 16-15 + 1-1 in the AACT to get into the...NIT.

Reaction Score
I would like to think Uconn goes 16-15 + 1-1 in the AACT to get into the...NIT.
I'd sign up for that in a second. Best-case scenario is we have a good NIT run in which a bunch of the freshmen blossom so KO can go out with his head held high.

Reaction Score
I'd sign up for that in a second. Best-case scenario is we have a good NIT run in which a bunch of the freshmen blossom so KO can go out with his head held high.

It's hard to imagine that KO would be out in that circumstance unless he opted to leave on his own accord (equally doubtful given the money).

Regardless, I think seven of the eight games are winnable. Villanova could get ugly, the other teams on the schedule just aren't talented enough to be penciling in a win regardless of how bad we are. I mean, we're saying we can't beat Temple? Yes they're better than us but they also appear to be a team that decides when they want to play.

I'm too lazy to do the math but I'd be curious to know what the total number is for projected wins over the next eight. I'd guess somewhere between 2 and 3.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine that KO would be out in that circumstance unless he opted to leave on his own accord (equally doubtful given the money).

Regardless, I think seven of the eight games are winnable. Villanova could get ugly, the other teams on the schedule just aren't talented enough to be penciling in a win regardless of how bad we are. I mean, we're saying we can't beat Temple? Yes they're better than us but they also appear to be a team that decides when they want to play.

I'm too lazy to do the math but I'd be curious to know what the total number is for projected wins over the next eight. I'd guess somewhere between 2 and 3.

Reaction Score
Even when Calhoun used to make those NIT statements citing UCONN and “postseason play” I used to grit my teeth. Our highest aspiration now is an NIT bubble team. Wow.

Reaction Score
Even when Calhoun used to make those NIT statements citing UCONN and “postseason play” I used to grit my teeth. Our highest aspiration now is an NIT bubble team. Wow.
No, not our highest aspirations but it’s better than a sub 500 record. And it would probably mean we’ve seen some improvement in the team. I know many would prefer to lose the rest of our games this season to force AD David Benedict’s hand but I want us to win every game. If it means Ollie keeps his job, I’ll have hope that JA and TL come back, no recruits decommit, and no important pieces decide to transfer.

Reaction Score
Lol. I was going to bounce this thread up to. I like Matrim, but I didn't see an 8 game losing streak.

I also don't see 6-2. But let's see how they progress. There certainly was some progression today.

Best teams we play are at home, and they played WSU tough at home, so they can play Nova and Cincy tough too.

Reaction Score
Lets close this stupid loser thread
Nedt83C.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It’s a good thing the team is more positive than it’s fans. Go Huskies!

Yeah. We can say all we will about Ollie's inability to maximize the talent of his players but I don't see how you can watch tonight's game -- and Adams' post-game interview -- and think Ollie's lost the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom