OT: - Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch. | The Boneyard

OT: Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me, volleyball is unwatchable. Even if UConn or the USA is playing. It's boring, like watching grass grow. I find it awful.

I can sit through a couple of batters of fast pitch softball but never more than a minute or two. And most of the "new" sports like pickleball are not worth my time.

What do you find unwatchable?

Reaction Score
Baseball. Every spring I say "this is the year I'm going to get into America's great past time." I sit down and turn on a game, and after an inning I have to nope out of there. If they set a timer between pitches I'd probably be more likely to watch more.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A few years ago at a big box restaurant, I looked up at the TV and the camera was on a slowly rolling ball while a guy is only leaning across a line to get it and he couldn't quite reach. But he wasn't allowed to cross that line. What is this, 1950's girls basketball? Never took lacrosse seriously since.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
A few years ago at a big box restaurant, I looked up at the TV and the camera was on a slowly rolling ball while a guy is only leaning across a line to get it and he couldn't quite reach. But he wasn't allowed to cross that line. What is this, 1950's girls basketball? Never took lacrosse seriously since.

I stopped after I found out that the team who throws the ball out of bounds can get the ball back.

That’s an all time top 5 awful rule in all of sports

the Q

Reaction Score
Only after a shot. Sort of like the equivalent of a rebound

It’s still bad. You launch the ball 500 miles out of bounds you should not be given the ball again

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I stopped after I found out that the team who throws the ball out of bounds can get the ball back.

That’s an all time top 5 awful rule in all of sports
And it's whoever is closest to the ball when it goes out. The team that shoots doesn't always get it back.

the Q

Reaction Score
And it's whoever is closest to the ball when it goes out. The team that shoots doesn't always get it back.

You throw the ball out of bounds you should lose the ball.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
It’s still bad. You launch the ball 500 miles out of bounds you should not be given the ball again
Well now there's a shot clock so if you don't hit the net within 60 or 80 seconds of getting the ball its a turnover.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lacrosse and field hockey. I've tried but just can't do it.

Reaction Score
Soccer.
Sign me up for all the Netflix documentaries on EPL teams. I find that super interesting, but unless it's a world cup, I make it through about five minutes before getting bored out of my mind.

Maybe it would be better if I treated it like baseball and kept it on in the background while I was doing something else.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lacrosse and field hockey. I've tried but just can't do it.
I don't hate field hockey like the other one but I've seen a few games live and it's a bit of a snooze.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe it would be better if I treated it like baseball and kept it on in the background while I was doing something else.
It's an acquired taste. Took me 20 years.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don't hate field hockey like the other one but I've seen a few games live and it's a bit of a snooze.

Agreed. Put me in the refuse to watch category on both.

Reaction Score
Soccer (the flopping), MMA and boxing, Nascar, and Tennis (the grunting).

Reaction Score
Sign me up for all the Netflix documentaries on EPL teams. I find that super interesting, but unless it's a world cup, I make it through about five minutes before getting bored out of my mind.

This is sort of off topic, but I recently watched this Formula 1 docu-series on Netflix. It is amazing and got me into F1 now. Crazy sport that I never knew much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom