OT: - Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Are there any sports you hate (or refuse) to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
everything but hoops & tennis

this is a hell of a week

MJ1

Reaction Score
Golf without Tiger, Hockey until the Rangers get better:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They definitely do. But no one seriously believes that college basketball referees are better than the referees in the NBA.

I think they’re all pretty bad.

But the NBA goes out if it’s way too protect certain players, including finding out how many fouls they have to avoid giving them more fouls.

The NBA also causes many of the problems in college like the absurd lack of travels (but the NBA and college have different rules on traveling).

I agree college refs are bad.

I’m not going to say it isn’t a hard game to officiate. There are just so many bodies and so few eyes.

But many here think they’re bad for calling too much stuff

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The comments about the nba "product" are strange to me, and a strange choice of words that a couple people have used. Since we are on a college basketball board, I would think most everyone here watches a considerable amount of basketball. So to find the professional basketball league completely unwatchable is a bit bizarre
'So to find the professional basketball league completely unwatchable is a bit bizarre'
the 'professional china shoe whore' league not watchable, bizarre? hardly.
in the past two seasons, with much of the nation locked in the basement, the number of folks watching has collapsed even more from it's decade-long decline.
obviously, folks have turned away from getting lectured constantly by the angry birds league. deal with it, or not, it still be true. some of the nba fans here are starting to sound like some soccer fans here with their jibberjab aboot 'nuance, deep analysis paralysis, and the b'butt-ing.' lame.
our answer is still the same, according to the overwhelming ratings data: click!
the nba 'product' has morphed into 'who cares?' obviously, we don't.

Reaction Score
'So to find the professional basketball league completely unwatchable is a bit bizarre'
in the past two seasons, with much of the nation locked in the basement, the number of folks watching has collapsed even more from it's decade-long decline.
obviously, folks have turned away from getting lectured constantly by the angry birds league. deal with it, or not, it still be true. some of the nba fans here are starting to sound like some soccer fans here with their jibberjab aboot 'nuance, deep analysis paralysis, and the b'butt-ing.' lame.
our answer is still the same, according to the overwhelming ratings data: click!
Whoops. NBA first round most-watched in three years

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
My sense is that in 2021 a HUGE component of people's dislike for the NBA is the players themselves on a personal level. People make that clear on here all the time.

My biggest issue with the NBA is that the players are just so much less fundamentally sound than college players.
Wait what? Can you explain to me what this means? Please pull up video of this.

Reaction Score
Agreed completely.

Just to be clear, I think the people I'm describing - who dislike the NBA because they dislike the players personally - are sort of clowns. They resent these guys for being rich and having opinions about the world.

Reaction Score
Women's sports, I support and root for the UConn women's basketball team and watch their big games but that's all I can take.
Its weird because im not a fan of 99.9% of women sports but i genuinely enjoy womens Boxing and MMA as long as they are high level match ups. Ill watch the Uconn ladies in the F4 but thats about it. The WNBA is laughable. Absolutely horrible product and they want to be paid more. smh

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another great thing about futbol is the sheer number of good games being played almost all the time. The NFL gives you a couple a week, maybe. The NBA regular season is forgettable. We're in the club offseason now yet we have good games being played at 9am, 12pm and 3pm almost everyday this week. It's great being a soccer fan.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Probably in the minority here, but golf. I put it on when I need background noise for a nap.
Perfect after a nice big Sunday afternoon dinner; especially with the soft talk around the greens. Vivid colors of green and still water. Very soothing. They should play lullabies for background music.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Women's pole vaulting not so bad

1623612803119.png

Reaction Score
I've been watching a lot less sports because I watch sports for the same reasons I watch t.v. shows and movies. I want an escape. So when they start getting involved in politics, I'm out. It ruins it for me.
I applaud the likes of Maya Moore for helping out the man she ended up marrying, and it doesn't apply to her, but I don't want to hear about it during a game. I love it when Bill Burr talks about this kind of stuff. Just let me have my escape and release.

Other than that, any soccer that's shy of the World Cup or Olympic semifinals, figure skating, and synchronized swimming.

Reaction Score
I've been watching a lot less sports because I watch sports for the same reasons I watch t.v. shows and movies. I want an escape. So when they start getting involved in politics, I'm out. It ruins it for me.

it’s weird I’ve been watching this whole Phoenix / Denver game and I keep waiting for them to call a timeout so someone can give a speech about gun control but it hasn’t happened yet.

i mean, most American professional baseball players are mouthbreathers but I can’t imagine not watching a Red Sox World Series game because I think JD Martinez has moronic political opinions.

Reaction Score
NBA playoff TV ratings are up, and having fans in the stands may be a big reason why - The Boston Globe

Reaction Score
it’s weird I’ve been watching this whole Phoenix / Denver game and I keep waiting for them to call a timeout so someone can give a speech about gun control but it hasn’t happened yet.

i mean, most American professional baseball players are mouthbreathers but I can’t imagine not watching a Red Sox World Series game because I think JD Martinez has moronic political opinions.
Everybody has an opinion and their set of beliefs. I just don't want to hear them during a game. It's amplified by the pregame shows and he likes of ESPN. Again, it's an escape for me, and that's ruined when politics are mentioned.

On another note, I can't believe J.D. is still allowed to play in Boston and hasn't been run out of town.

Reaction Score
I applaud the likes of Maya Moore for helping out the man she ended up marrying, and it doesn't apply to her, but I don't want to hear about it during a game. I love it when Bill Burr talks about this kind of stuff. Just let me have my escape and release.

Other than that, any soccer that's shy of the World Cup or Olympic semifinals, figure skating, and synchronized swimming.
I don't get that, its not like they interject politics into telecasts of games. I don't recall Kyrie getting interviewed about Israel in the 2nd Q today. This is simply not liking the players. Larry Bird & Dr J being terrible non-fathers to children did nothing to detract from their popularity yet having an opinion on BLM is worse b/c it forces peoples heads out of the sand?! After the fact people lauded Ali, but in the 60s & 70s many people wanted him to stfu too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members