Arby’s parent company just bought Dunkin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arby’s parent company just bought Dunkin

Reaction Score
The donuts at Dunkin’ are legit along with the cold brew. Everything else is average at best.

Reaction Score
The donuts at Dunkin’ are legit along with the cold brew. Everything else is average at best.
Sorry the iced tea is good as well. I up write it 5 times

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You guys really need to experience Dutch bro’s before claiming that DD coffee is legit

Reaction Score
I suppose legit is a matter of personal preference. Dunkin had good donuts back in the day. Back when Sam Breakstone was making fresh donuts...

I’m sorry that you are miserable everyday

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m sorry that you are miserable everyday
Everyday is a holiday for me, pal. Dunkin's donuts suck, on purpose. That's why they took them out of their name. How does gently pointing that out set you off? Projection?

Reaction Score
One of my first jobs was at a DD in New Jersey. Donuts were made on site by the baker "time to make the donuts", who was the owner at the time, or the manager (I was a teen and he hired me, and I saw no bosses above him). His whole wheat donuts were most popular, but they are no longer made.

Donuts were $1.50/dozen. Can you guess the time period?
Jurassic?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
DD donuts are no way, shape or form legit. They are convenience store tripe
I wouldn't say they are nearly as bad as 7/11 or Cumby's donuts. But they are far inferior to like fresh Krispy Kreme or local donut places.

I love a good morning Dunkin chocolate glazed with sprinkles (donuts get mad stale towards the afternoon), and an iced latte. But the thing with Dunkin is that the quality varies from place to place. Some places absolutely must not train their employees on how to properly make a coffee or latte with the right proportions of everything.

Reaction Score
I love Dunkin coffee and donuts. I can honestly say I have never tried their breakfast sandwiches as I assumed they were nasty. The strongly prefer Dunkins cake style of donuts over Krispy Kremes sugar crack style.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say they are nearly as bad as 7/11 or Cumby's donuts. But they are far inferior to like fresh Krispy Kreme or local donut places.

I love a good morning Dunkin chocolate glazed with sprinkles (donuts get mad stale towards the afternoon), and an iced latte. But the thing with Dunkin is that the quality varies from place to place. Some places absolutely must not train their employees on how to properly make a coffee or latte with the right proportions of everything.
I love Dunkin coffee and donuts. I can honestly say I have never tried their breakfast sandwiches as I assumed they were nasty. The strongly prefer Dunkins cake style of donuts over Krispy Kremes sugar crack style.

No complaints, just need to go in there eyes wide open and realize you are drinking a Bud Light and not a local brew.

Over the years travelling around I have to give mad props to California and their donut game. Also, I realized Asians really kick ass in the donut dept.
We have a few local mom and pop Asian donut shops that make incredible apple fritters and make blueberry donuts in both the cake style and the more dense sour cream style. I could go through a dozen of those sour cream blueberries in the blink of an eye.

Reaction Score
Judging by the staff I've seen at DD, I would get anything but the coffee, donuts, and the blueberry muffin. The donuts differ only by their sugar frosting. TK are really suggary.

Reaction Score
The breakfast sandwiches went downhill about 10-15 years ago. They were great before that. Real eggs, bacon, and a good fresh bagel.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Inspire Brands owns Arby’s, Dunkin, Sonic, and Buffalo Wild Wings. I think adding Dunkin will allow all those brands to expand.
mebbe they'll change all their names to 'BADS?' yup, that's prolly their plan- one brand called Bads. sounds right. unless it's 'DABS,' cuz, you know, 'dabs,' irrational hunger, and all that.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Dunkin Donuts aren't made on sight. They're trucked in. Any mom and pop that makes their own is better and it's not even a discussion.
Are they made same day though? That's what really matters to me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are they made same day though? That's what really matters to me.
They are made in the evening and delivered after midnight. So if you grab a donut at 10AM. it’s pretty likely it is 12 hours old. If you grab a donut at 10 at night it’s pretty likely to be 24 hours old.

Reaction Score
I love Dunkin's sausage, egg and cheese bagels.

I mean, I'll ask.....the bagel isn't fresh. The eggs are preformed and, along with the sausage, get microwaved for 20 seconds. Have you never had a fresh bagel with a made to order sandwich?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dunkin Donuts havent made a good donut in 20 years. And they absolutely used to make good ones.

They have no variety any longer and they are not made locally. 20-30 years ago, There was a dounut making hub which was also dunkin store in every area. and they would deliver the fresh dounuts to the area locations.

Remember Vanilla Kreme, and Chocolate Kreme donuts ? Try to find one now. Along with 100 other varieties. Its generic crap thats been narrowed down to 6 offerings Because Dunkin is not in the business of selling good donuts any longer.

Dunkin is hot garbage now.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom