Arby’s parent company just bought Dunkin | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arby’s parent company just bought Dunkin

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Know I'm way late (in BY years) in asking this ,but what is behind the @August West - Arby references? I'll take my answer offline and thanks beforehand.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Dunkin Donuts havent made a good donut in 20 years. And they absolutely used to make good ones.

They have no variety any longer and they are not made locally. 20-30 years ago, There was a dounut making hub which was also dunkin store in every area. and they would deliver the fresh dounuts to the area locations.

Remember Vanilla Kreme, and Chocolate Kreme donuts ? Try to find one now. Along with 100 other varieties. Its generic crap thats been narrowed down to 6 offerings Because Dunkin is not in the business of selling good donuts any longer.

Dunkin is hot garbage now.
Where does dunkin make their donuts now?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Know I'm way late (in BY years) in asking this ,but what is behind the @August West - Arby references? I'll take my answer offline and thanks beforehand.

Arbys changed their menu 8 or so years ago.

I came on here telling everyone Arbys had really stepped up their game. Because they had.

Everyone made fun of me. But some people tried the new arbys menu with an open mind and realized what I did. They were the best fast food going in America.

I get the last laugh because Arbys has been so wildly successful over that period that they are buying out other major restaraunt chains.

I feel vindicated, yet people still want to deride my supertasting abilities, thats OK.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a prominent social media influencer @August_West had a six figure contract to promote Arby's over a number of prominent internet platforms, including the Boneyard. At least that's what I've heard privately.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score

I came on here telling everyone Arbys had really stepped up their game. Because they had.

Everyone made fun of me. But some people tried the new arbys menu with an open mind and realized what I did. They were the best fast food going in America.

I get the last laugh because Arbys has been so wildly successful over that period that they are buying out other major restaraunt chains.

I feel vindicated, yet people still want to deride my supertasting abilities, thats OK.
Also what is the relation between arby's and the grateful dead. A few dead pages I follow on instagram constantly reference arby's. With a name like August West figure you're the man for this question.

August_West

Reaction Score
Also what is the relation between arby's and the grateful dead. A few dead pages I follow on instagram constantly reference arby's. With a name like August West figure you're the man for this question.

It’s a place to get your best, tastiest protein on a budget when you are on limited touring funds trying to get to next show.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The DD of today is not the DD of yesteryear. The price of a donut is ridiculous and quite frankly - I go local if I want one. I can get 2 Gerry's Donuts for the price of 1 DD in Ellington and they taste better. The coffee is too weak for me and so other than the overpriced Coolatta- DD has nothing for me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Where does dunkin make their donuts now?
I think they have a place on Airport Road. In the old days, Bess Eaton had the worst donuts because they trucked 'em in from a central location. Dunkin was made local, their chocolate coconut donuts had actual coconut. Dunkin had the edge in coffee and once they put all their competitors out of business they reduced food quality as a part of their business model, capitalism.

Reaction Score

Of course, par for the course, AW has no idea how business works. Arby's is owned.

August_West

Reaction Score
Of course, par for the course, AW has no idea how business works. Arby's is owned.

Arbys is the flagship.

Im sorry Burger King (which also used to be good when DD was good) hasnt kept up with the times. If you were smart you would send your resume on to Arbys and have a career with some growth to it, but I wouldnt mention your BK employment, Arby's has a higher standard and may think your BK experience although in the fast food environment is not adequate.

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Well I'm w/ @August, I love Arby's, always have going back to the 70's.

Reaction Score
Arbys is the flagship.

Im sorry Burger King (which also used to be good when DD was good) hasnt kept up with the times. If you were smart you would send your resume on to Arbys and have a career with some growth to it, but I wouldnt mention your BK employment, Arby's has a higher standard and may think your BK experience although in the fast food environment is not adequate.
As I said, AW has no idea how business works.

Reaction Score
Never had Arby’s but Dunkin‘s food is brutal.

Muffins, donuts, coffee are alright. The actual food is awful.
Bagels ok when they toast it right.

beats Starbucks. Lol. No idea why their food is that Awful.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I've always found that DD is highly dependent on which one you go to. Some are always good. Some always suck.

If you want a donut: Heavenly donut in Derby and Seymour is very good and reasonably priced.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Im sorry Burger King (which also used to be good when DD was good)
Very true. I only go to BK when I'm really constipated. Milk of Magnesia has nothing on a Whopper.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I love Dunkin's sausage, egg and cheese bagels.
I’ve got to understand this. Every single component is subpar, and the egg patty thing is just nasty. Is it that you like it in the way that sometimes a pizza slice from Costco hits the spot?

Reaction Score
Arbys is the flagship.

It's hilarious Kolumbo works at the absolute worst fast food joint, BK has been dreadful for years.

August_West

Reaction Score
I’ve got to understand this. Every single component is subpar, and the egg patty thing is just nasty. Is it that you like it in the way that sometimes a pizza slice from Costco hits the spot?

Kinda on topic . I excitedly stopped at Wendy’s for their new breakfast offerings on way home from New Hampshire yesterday

it sucked hard . I got the “ baconator “ breakfast sandwich . On paper it looked great. Double bacon, a sausage patty separating 2 fried eggs on a roll. What could go wrong?

it was vomit inducing. What they don’t tell you is instead of cheese they put a “ cheese/ hollandaise“ spread on it. Now I love hollandaise on eggs and I love cheese on eggs, but there is a special place in hell for what Wendy’s is trying to approximate with that nauseating spread.

arbys needs in on the breakfast game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Kinda on topic . I excitedly stopped at Wendy’s for their new breakfast offerings on way home from New Hampshire yesterday

it sucked hard . I got the “ baconator “ breakfast sandwich . On paper it looked great. Double bacon, a sausage patty separating 2 fried eggs on a roll. What could go wrong?

it was vomit inducing. What they don’t tell you is instead of cheese they put a “ cheese/ hollandaise“ spread on it. Now I love hollandaise on eggs and I love cheese on eggs, but there is a special place in hell for what Wendy’s is trying to approximate with that nauseating spread.

arbys needs in on the breakfast game.
Oooh thanks for that. I remember Wendy's releasing the breakfast menu right as Covid hit and I just never made it a point to go there since... I just walk over to my kitchen now. If I do go, I'll ask for real cheese no sauce.

August_West

Reaction Score
Oooh thanks for that. I remember Wendy's releasing the breakfast menu right as Covid hit and I just never made it a point to go there since... I just walk over to my kitchen now. If I do go, I'll ask for real cheese no sauce.

Yeah,

And then reading later I see that only that the Baconator and the Sausage, Egg, and "swiss" croissant (which is what GF got) get that hollandaise treatement. (because they dont list ingredients on menu at drive thru, we were so horrifed about "WTF is this spread" as we were eating that gf looked it up while we were eating and driving) I wish I just went for the classic BEC off their menu it was bound to be better.

August_West

Reaction Score
Your arteries?

Is this really a shock?
Wouldn't blame it on one isolated thing!!
nah. If country cow gave me a double egg, double bacon spilt by a sausage patty on a roll offering, Im sure it would be sublime. Once in a year breakfast healthwise, but sublime nonetheless.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah,

And then reading later I see that only that the Baconator and the Sausage, Egg, and "swiss" croissant (which is what GF got) get that hollandaise treatement. (because they dont list ingredients on menu at drive thru, we were so horrifed about " is this spread" as we were eating that gf looked it up while we were eating and driving) I wish I just went for the classic BEC off their menu it was bound to be better.

So, we have a Wendy's nearby my work. Earlier this year when they launched breakfast they had a promo for free breakfast sandwich every week for a year for the first 100 customers. Me and a co-worker went there the first day, unaware of the promo, and got a coupon book. It's a BOGO for every week for a year.

I tried the baconator and was also disgusted by the white cheese sauce. I will say I did use the bread from the sandwich to soak every last bit of that juice.

I think I've gone through there maybe 4-5 more times since March and have tried different sandwiches. They all suck. Hardees is still the champ for fast food breakfast sandwiches, McD's #2 and everyone else sucks. And that includes Chick Fil A who hasn't figured out breakfast yet. I will say for a super regional chain, Whataburger has a helluva a honey butter chicken biscuit for breakfast.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom