Arby’s parent company just bought Dunkin | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Arby’s parent company just bought Dunkin

Reaction Score
I’ve got to understand this. Every single component is subpar, and the egg patty thing is just nasty. Is it that you like it in the way that sometimes a pizza slice from Costco hits the spot?
As compared to other fast morning take out like slimy egg sandwiches from McDonald's.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
nah. If country cow gave me a double egg, double bacon spilt by a sausage patty on a roll offering, Im sure it would be sublime. Once in a year breakfast healthwise, but sublime nonetheless.
Salt pepper ketchup

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’ve had my fair share of both, not hating... I feel like McD’s has nailed the simplicity of an egg McMuffin. Hard to make one better yourself.

The muffin part of the egg mcmuffin is wretched. Almost always undercooked and dry. That being said, if you are going fast food the egg mcmuffin is generally on the low end of total calories and fat calories.

Reaction Score
The muffin part of the egg mcmuffin is wretched. Almost always undercooked and dry. That being said, if you are going fast food the egg mcmuffin is generally on the low end of total calories and fat calories.
If you’re having McDonald’s breakfast, you gotta go egg and cheese on a biscuit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you’re having McDonald’s breakfast, you gotta go egg and cheese on a biscuit.

I'll unapologetically suck down a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McD's.

I was suggesting if for whatever reason, health and diet enters your fast food decisions, the mcmuffin is probably the best choice amongst sandwiches.

Reaction Score
There's no question. McDonald's has come up with the technology to create food that makes people feel good temporarily. It's science. Their French fries used to be fried in oil that contained beef tallow, so now that they only use vegetable oil, they add a chemical that mimics the smell of the older method.

Dunkin Donuts doesn't go to that level. You just get a microwaved egg and gummy bagel.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate Dunkin but my wife and daughters all like it. We drove through on Saturday after my daughter’s soccer game and after they both ordered I called an audible and made an impulse purchase of the Ghost Pepper Donut based solely on the ad right next to the menu.

It was underwhelming. Barely spicy at all.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1604429837245.png

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I said it's hard to improve upon an egg McMuffin... but not impossible.

Homemade English muffins are 1 billion times better than Thomas's. I've also made my own breakfast sausage too. I draw the line at raising my own chickens.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I said it's hard to improve upon an egg McMuffin... but not impossible.
Back when I was broke a McMuffin was a treat. I could get one with a small coffee for cheap. I'd eat it open face, spreading the strawberry jam on the top half.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Back when I was broke a McMuffin was a treat. I could get one with a small coffee for cheap. I'd eat it open face, spreading the strawberry jam on the top half.

Jelly on your breakfast sandwich????? Time to move south of the Mason/Dixon line.

A sweet jelly combined with a savory sausage patty on a biscuit is heavenly. If done correctly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jelly on your breakfast sandwich????? Time to move south of the Mason/Dixon line.

A sweet jelly combined with a savory sausage patty on a biscuit is heavenly. If done correctly.
I am clearly a northerner. The butter and jellied muffin half was eaten independently from egg and meat half.

Reaction Score
OK confession time. Back when in 73 when I worked at DD as a teenager, I was mopping the floor and doing the dirty work. The cashiers would have a tip cup, that kept filling up which didn't match the customer activity.

I spotted it, questioned the cashiers and the old ladies told me to mind my business. I then threatened to tell the boss (who makes the donuts) if they didn't explain. What they told me is that donuts were $1.50/dz, they would ring up $1.00 and place 50 cents in the tip jar. Essentially stealing. Being a teen, I kept my mouth shut.

Well a couple of months later, the baker/owner put me on the register. I was around 16 years old. . . . . . .

$0.50 in 1973 is worth $2.93 today

(My soul feels good now)

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
OK confession time. Back when in 73 when I worked at DD as a teenager, I was mopping the floor and doing the dirty work. The cashiers would have a tip cup, that kept filling up which didn't match the customer activity.

I spotted it questioned the cashiers and the old ladies told me to mind my business. I then threatened to tell the boss (who makes the donuts) if they didn't explain. What they told me is that donuts were $1.50/dz, they would ring up $1.00 and place 50 cents in the tip jar. Essentially stealing. Being a teen, I kept my mouth shut.

Well a couple of months later, the baker/owner put me on the register. I was around 16 years old. . . . . . . . .

$0.50 in 1973 is worth $2.93 today
make_the_donuts.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom