April Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is the term Role Player over with now that the Transfer Portal has taken over college sports by storm? There was a time when players didn't mind being 8, 9, 10 or 11 on a bench. They knew that they would work hard in practice. Help the starters. Get into games at the end or earned playing time. Each wanted to be on the team that wants to win National Championships. Seems like those days are gone. I remember watching Kelly Hunt in the mid 90's. Kelly Schumacher in the late 90's early 2000. She played professionally as well as beach volleyball. Tahirah Williams and so on.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I wonder why we haven't heard more about her, or at least I haven't. 6'1 and very athletic. Strong defender and rebounder for a guard.

Because she's not ranked despite being fairly well known.

Reaction Score
I believe Dorka, Brady and Patterson will solve much of the "need an inside offense" conversation. For much of the last third of the year, we did get inside shots as a result of our motion offense. Unfortunately, ONO in particular was somewhat deliberate in her shots, often getting blocked by smaller players, AE had several games where she traveled, and the 2022 Paige was a bit slower. Paige is will be amped up next year, Brady and Patterson are fearless in approaching layups and Dorka is becoming more of a fluid scorer. I didn't mention DeBerry but she could be a wild card. I would maximize what we have today versus try to integrate a new big into a complex system.
Although she’s 6’1 Aubrey if healthy is our hustle player and can also rebound with her athleticism will make a difference and Geno once said she’s a better shooter then what she showed in her career at UConn so I’m looking forward to seeing her perform this season

Reaction Score
In 38 minutes with everything riding on it, AE got 2 rebounds in the NC when it was priority one. No one else besides maybe Paige rebounded well. It was a game changer the first time we faced SC and also yesterday. It’s our new reality going forward and it’s not just SC probably. Geno gets it and recruited 2 bigs. I’m just saying it’s not enough probably. A generational big appears to be the game changer along with more athletic players. Dawn recruits very fast, athletic players for the most part. We recruit shooters.
2 rebounds for Edwards but also 2 boards from ONO as a 6’5 senior atleast AE tried to battle but even tho UConn got out rebound they was just completely scared.

Reaction Score
Is the term Role Player over with now that the Transfer Portal has taken over college sports by storm? There was a time when players didn't mind being 8, 9, 10 or 11 on a bench. They knew that they would work hard in practice. Help the starters. Get into games at the end or earned playing time. Each wanted to be on the team that wants to win National Championships. Seems like those days are gone. I remember watching Kelly Hunt in the mid 90's. Kelly Schumacher in the late 90's early 2000. She played professionally as well as beach volleyball. Tahirah Williams and so on.
Love those “practice” players that hold NC game records for blocks.

Reaction Score
Love those “practice” players that hold NC game records for blocks.
Ok wrong athlete to name but the point was there. Could have use Courtney Gaine, Meghan Gardler or Heather Buck plus others.

Reaction Score
2 rebounds for Edwards but also 2 boards from ONO as a 6’5 senior atleast AE tried to battle but even tho UConn got out rebound they was just completely scared.
not trying to fully excuse ONO but she was playing with a pulled groin against the toughest front court in the country......we have no idea how difficult it was for her to perform.......

Reaction Score
not trying to fully excuse ONO but she was playing with a pulled groin against the toughest front court in the country......we have no idea how difficult it was for her to perform.......
It doesn’t matter she was out there.

Reaction Score
Have any of you looked at
Kiyomi McMiller
?
She looks like a fantastic recruit.
I’ve watched a few videos. Originally from Maryland. Played this past year at a private school in South Carolina Seems to be consensus Top 10 player for ‘24 by the rankings services

Have not heard a word or whisper about her recruiting

Reaction Score
Chris Dailey just started following Jordyn Griggs on Twitter. Also recently started following Jaloni Cambridge's dad.
After being spiritually, emotionally and physically drained with my last recruit disappointment, I’ve decided not to become too invested in the process. I will however go all in for JC. 1 because she can flat out go and 2. She is from Tennessee lol! Go UConn!!

Reaction Score
After being spiritually, emotionally and physically drained with my last recruit disappointment, I’ve decided not to become too invested in the process. I will however go all in for JC. 1 because she can flat out go and 2. She is from Tennessee lol! Go UConn!!
KK and Jaloni is best friends and play for the same AAU team I like our chances if we want her

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
KK Arnold and Jaloni is best friends and play for the same AAU team I like our chances if we want her
KK and Jaloni have identical games PG with speed for day and extra ordinary court vision. They are also only 1 year apart and would be somewhat redundant IMO.
I"m casting my ballet for Olson or Prince over Janoli because they would have the ability to play PG and SG or even some wing where I think Jaloni will be locked into a PG role and duplicative of Arnold.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't know where things stand with her on UCONN but Riley Stack might come back into play now that Toomey has chosen the Tar Heals. Noticeable improve in her game as a Junior. She is still is doing too much ball handling for my liking but very very impressive work with the off hand. This girl has a legit off hand jump hook. Very rare at even the collegiate level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom