April Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Seeing how it is late Sunday night and TonyC is likely in bed, let me play the role of the optimist on this thread and this particular recruit who TonyC loves and just say “it ain’t over til it’s over (yes I am watching the Yankees/Red Sox so channeling my inner Yogi). Show a little faith my fine colleagues! FAITH I say!

Reaction Score
The UNC visit may have been done to make her family happy. And honestly I like the UNC coach and wouldn't mind watching them return to prominence and play that nice motion offense. And beat Duke and NDame.

Reaction Score
If and I say If Ciera goes to UNC which I'm still holding out hope it's us. What are the odds that Breya Cunningham picks UConn? Is she leaning towards any school? Any insight?

Reaction Score
Well then that would mean Pheesa, Azura and Gabby weren't good Post. If I understand you right, we have to have an All American post to win the Chip?

Of course Dorka hurt. For if any reason it was five more fouls that allows your post players to be more aggressive. Keep in mind though she was benched a game or two in the Tourney.
To your post defense comment. Two things can be true. So yes your bigs do have to be stellar. But let's break that down. What is SC offense? They're a chuck and go get it offense with their height is might advantage. So in this case UCONN perimeter can't give up drive penetration as often as they were. It redirects the
defensive post players who now have to show help and also try to contend with their own player. Simply to much against a team like SC. UCONN Guards were non committal on defensive rebounding and often in lala...standing and watching.
Your post is gobbledygook. Just forget the perimeter game of both UConn and SC. SC won that game in the Post. SC’s rebounding advantage of 49 to 24 says it all. Yes, Henderson scored 26, but when you’re putting two bodies on Boston the whole game, someone is going to be open on the perimeter.

As for Azura, she had issues at Uconn which I won’t go into, and she didn’t return for her last year. That being said, you can’t teach 6’6”, and with long athletic arms. Calling Collier and Gabby “bigs” or “posts” is a stretch (no pun intended, Lol) Collier is 6’1” (she is not 6’ 2”, as the prior poster stated), Gabby is only 5’11”. I enjoyed watching both during their years at UConn but if you’re going to call them “Bigs”, then Caroline Ducharme is an even bigger “Big” as she is taller than Collier and three inches taller than Gabby Williams.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
FOLKS!
This is the recruiting thread, it is supposed to be about recruits we are looking at and recruits that have committed but not yet shown on campus.

It is not supposed to be:
1. Rehashing our last season.
2. Discussing former recruits (Uconn's or any other school's.)
3. Discussing Uconn's current style of play, former style of play, or what changes need to be made even if those changes relate to the types of players that should be recruited.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss these subjects or any other subjects that come into your mind, but please lets keep this thread clean.

(We seem to have a bunch of 'standard' monthly threads getting derailed this past week - both here and on the general board.)

Reaction Score
Based off social media, I’d say Toomey is headed to UNC. She follows the majority of UNC’s players and only a couple of UConn players. Hopefully that’s not the case, but just my guess. Doesn’t ease any nerves that her dad retweeted this.
7821C9C9-C573-4EC3-BAA2-63568F73D700.jpeg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ok, so assuming CT goes to UNC, who are the next "bigs" UConn is interested? Cunningham is one, others?

Reaction Score
Based off social media, I’d say Toomey is headed to UNC. She follows the majority of UNC’s players and only a couple of UConn players. Hopefully that’s not the case, but just my guess. Doesn’t ease any nerves that her dad retweeted this. View attachment 75486
I feel sick!

Reaction Score
As of right now you would think that the Connecticut coaching staff would know if they were getting CT. So if it was clear that Connecticut was not her final choice why couldn’t the school put out a statement that Connecticut was no longer in the running for said recruit. Or the fact that the schools don’t let their fan base know this is a courtesy to the high school player. Is this to build more suspense in the recruitment process at the expense of the Connecticut Fan base. I think maybe this whole process has gotten a little out of control. Maybe for the future just a statement from the university alerting its fan base as to the signing of a certain player. No theatrics just let everyone know where the student will be playing

Reaction Score
As of right now you would think that the Connecticut coaching staff would know if they were getting CT. So if it was clear that Connecticut was not her final choice why couldn’t the school put out a statement that Connecticut was no longer in the running for said recruit. Or the fact that the schools don’t let their fan base know this is a courtesy to the high school player. Is this to build more suspense in the recruitment process at the expense of the Connecticut Fan base. I think maybe this whole process has gotten a little out of control. Maybe for the future just a statement from the university alerting its fan base as to the signing of a certain player. No theatrics just let everyone know where the student will be playing
Because the school cannot mention the name of a recruit until she signs a LOI. Recruiting violation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No! The school is prohibited from commenting on prospect until a letter of intent is signed. Think about it- have you seen any statement from UCONN women's basketball regarding the two players ( Shade and Arnold) from the class of 2023 that have already "verbally" committed to UCONN? You will not see a statement until mid November. This is not a matter of courtesy it is an NCAA rule.

Reaction Score
Ok, so assuming CT goes to UNC, who are the next "bigs" UConn is interested? Cunningham is one, others?
Don’t we already have two very highly ranked bigs coming in this Fall? Patterson is 6’2” and can jump out of the gym, and Brady is 6’3” or 6’4”, depending who you talk to. Ranked #3 and #5 in their class IIRC.

Reaction Score
Don’t we already have two very highly ranked bigs coming in this Fall? Patterson is 6’2” and can jump out of the gym, and Brady is 6’3” or 6’4”, depending who you talk to. Ranked #3 and #5 in their class IIRC.
I have not heard y'all talk about Del Rosario in a while. This class does not have many post players in it. She is truly a "big". I think she has dropped in the ratings because of her offensive skills development; but I think she has the physical attributes to be a defender and rebounder.

Are your assistant coaches still following her on social media?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have not heard y'all talk about Del Rosario in a while. This class does not have many post players in it. She is truly a "big". I think she has dropped in the ratings because of her offensive skills development; but I think she has the physical attributes to be a defender and rebounder. Are your assistant coaches still following her on social media?
Del Rosario moved behind enemy lines (TN) to play HS basketball this season. To the best of my knowledge CD is still following her. Don't know where UCONN interest lies but Cunningham has moved ahead of Del Rosario as a post prospect in the class of 2023 and Cunningham is holding a UCONN offer.

Reaction Score
I have not heard y'all talk about Del Rosario in a while. This class does not have many post players in it. She is truly a "big". I think she has dropped in the ratings because of her offensive skills development; but I think she has the physical attributes to be a defender and rebounder.

Are your assistant coaches still following her on social media?
yes she's still being followed but that doesn't really mean much.................on one hand she is the kind of true big that UConn could use but she really is a project.........I'm not sure how useful she would be against South Carolina or Stanford etc in the short run.....

Reaction Score
I'm certainly hopeful they will be big additions but neither is a prototypical post........CT isn't either but the three of them together would be a truly skilled and athletic front court, especially in combination with the current players.....

Reaction Score
Your post is gobbledygook. Just forget the perimeter game of both UConn and SC. SC won that game in the Post. SC’s rebounding advantage of 49 to 24 says it all. Yes, Henderson scored 26, but when you’re putting two bodies on Boston the whole game, someone is going to be open on the perimeter.

As for Azura, she had issues at Uconn which I won’t go into, and she didn’t return for her last year. That being said, you can’t teach 6’6”, and with long athletic arms. Calling Collier and Gabby “bigs” or “posts” is a stretch (no pun intended, Lol) Collier is 6’1” (she is not 6’ 2”, as the prior poster stated), Gabby is only 5’11”. I enjoyed watching both during their years at UConn but if you’re going to call them “Bigs”, then Caroline Ducharme is an even bigger “Big” as she is taller than Collier and three inches taller than Gabby Williams.
Gobbledygook.... That's hilarious.

I could care less what their height was or what someones disposition was while at UCONN, in the end they played that position with No finals. All three players were big time players and two were AA.
No kidding SC won the rebound war. They were groomed from day one to play a style that gives them an advantage and now the whole country including UCONN is trying to play catch up.

Again Guard defensive play was not at it's best. Watch the start of the game and you see everything you need to know.

Reaction Score
Gobbledygook.... That's hilarious.

I could care less what their height was or what someones disposition was while at UCONN, in the end they played that position with No finals. All three players were big time players and two were AA.
No kidding SC won the rebound war. They were groomed from day one to play a style that gives them an advantage and now the whole country including UCONN is trying to play catch up.

Again Guard defensive play was not at it's best. Watch the start of the game and you see everything you need to know.
Has nothing to do with UConn playing catch-up, has everything to do with recruiting, and that sense you win some and you lose some. UConn recruited Aliyah Boston very hard, and one point were the leaders for her, but Staley out recruited Geno and UConn and Boston signed with SC. As for guard play, UConn has won the recruiting battle for the top player in the country (both guards) the past two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom