April non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

April non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the GEICO nationals, 6-6 Maggie Mendelson is going to be really good. Really good athlete at 6-6. Wants to play volleyball and basketball in college.

Raven Johnson and Ta’Niya Latson are a really nice duo for Westlake, leading 37-28 at halftime.

Fremont is without Timea Gardiner.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Unsure of who she'll be passing to once she arrives, but Kaia Henderson (2022), a 5'5" PG from NY has committed to Ohio State

Haven't heard of her before.

Reaction Score
Unsure of who she'll be passing to once she arrives, but Kaia Henderson (2022), a 5'5" PG from NY has committed to Ohio State

Haven't heard of her before.

just noticed blue star has her #35

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
just noticed blue star has her #35
Ah. I didn't check there. I didn't see her on ESPN or ProspectsNation and it's not a name I've seen before.

Some other schools that had offered her though were Syracuse, Long Island University, Toledo, Dartmouth, St. Bonaventure, UMass, and Virginia Tech.

Reaction Score
UCLA adds yet another 2022 guard: Paris Clark, a 5-8 guard from New York. Ranked #34 in 2022 by ESPN and #16 by BlueStar.

This is UCLA’s sixth commitent since March 29, adding three 2022 recruits, a 2023 recruit, and two transfers.

None of their four prep recruits are over 5-9.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA is gonna win the under 6 foot Championship hands down! :rolleyes:

Nice that they are getting some recruits again finally, but Close might want to add a little size?

Reaction Score
UCLA adds yet another 2022 guard: Paris Clark, a 5-8 guard from New York. Ranked #34 in 2022 by ESPN and #16 by BlueStar.

This is UCLA’s sixth commitent since March 29, adding three 2022 recruits, a 2023 recruit, and two transfers.

None of their four prep recruits are over 5-9.
They be short people and UCLA likes 'em...short people got tiny little hands and tiny little feet, and they drive itty bitty cars that go beep, beep, beep? (well something like that anyway)

Reaction Score
UCLA not particularly undersized actually. Both Anstley and Bessoir are 6’4” which can match up with most teams in side. Veterans Horvat, Chou, and Corsaro are at least listed as 6’1”. Filling out the squad with quick, small guards fits the pressing style Close favors.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA not particularly undersized actually. Both Anstley and Bessoir are 6’4” which can match up with most teams in side. Veterans Horvat, Chou, and Corsaro are at least listed as 6’1”. Filling out the squad with quick, small guards fits the pressing style Close favors.
Not all 6-1 players are created equal. I'd say Horvat (when she's healthy, which seems rare) plays a lot bigger than Corsaro for example.

But they are losing Onyenwere of course, and I haven't heard anything about Miller coming back. That's pretty much been their front court for 2-3 years. Bessoir showed promise as a Fr. The Australian has to get to campus before she can help at all.

Reaction Score
old news but UCLA also adding 6’1” F Iimar’i Thomas, grad transfer from Cincy. So yeah not a big team but not all that undersized.

Reaction Score
Anstey retweeted this.

This could help with more than just Anstey. They had a Canadian, Maskewich who wasn't able to attend in person. Could also help with size as she 6'3"/6'4". She should have 2 years left at least.

Reaction Score
old news but UCLA also adding 6’1” F Iimar’i Thomas, grad transfer from Cincy. So yeah not a big team but not all that undersized.
BE7F575C-852B-453C-9B8E-DD7557D43CBA.jpeg

She’s how tall? ?

Reaction Score
This could help with more than just Anstey. They had a Canadian, Maskewich who wasn't able to attend in person. Could also help with size as she 6'3"/6'4". She should have 2 years left at least.
Brynn Maskewich probably closer to 6’2” though the ucla roster lists her as 6’3”. She missed this season after having surgery last summer to repair a knee injury. She could have re-entered the U.S. in September as she was a returning student. Decided it was best to rehab in Canada amongst family instead of spending the fall and winter isolated and unable to play.

Corsaro, Miller and Onyenwere will not return next year.

Iimar’i Thomas more like 5’10”.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Corsaro is a little surprising. I think it was 2 years after she graduated HS before she made her debut w/ UCLA, but she's only a Jr. eligibility wise, so she could've played 2 more years there?

Reaction Score
Corsaro is a little surprising. I think it was 2 years after she graduated HS before she made her debut w/ UCLA, but she's only a Jr. eligibility wise, so she could've played 2 more years there?
Corsaro played very limited minutes each of her first two years before injuries ended her seasons. Qualified for two redshirt years. With COVID rules Lindsey could have played at ucla two more years. She decided to finish this season. Completing a masters degree and will pursue a career outside of basketball.

Reaction Score
Brynn Maskewich probably closer to 6’2” though the ucla roster lists her as 6’3”. She missed this season after having surgery last summer to repair a knee injury. She could have re-entered the U.S. in September as she was a returning student. Decided it was best to rehab in Canada amongst family instead of spending the fall and winter isolated and unable to play.

Iimar’i Thomas more like 5’10”.

I don’t know why but I do wish player’s heights would be listed accurately. An inch is okay I guess but 2-3 is really deceptive. I took Iimari’s listed height at face value since she averaged 7.5 rbs per game. Oh well. Did not know Corsaro was not returning

Reaction Score
@TerpWomenFan Curious if you know anything about a Canadian Lemyah Hylton.

Just noticed a recent tweet where she talks about her top 6. Looks like a couple Maryland assistant coaches are following with interest.

Reaction Score
@TerpWomenFan Curious if you know anything about a Canadian Lemyah Hylton.

Just noticed a recent tweet where she talks about her top 6. Looks like a couple Maryland assistant coaches are following with interest.

lemyah hylton | session mix - YouTube

I've been watching her for a year now. Highly talented with a great "cool" demeanor. Maryland would be very lucky to sign her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom