Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Well, where to put this one?
The first domino to fall on the Kim Mulkey move to LSU appears to be the decommitment of Class of 2023 Sammie Wagner. The 6'1" wing (rated #2 in ASGR, #4 in HG) from Bush Texas explains why she did this below. The gist: she committed to Baylor, her dad's alma mater, and Coach Mulkey in pretty much equal measure. No Mulkey wrecks that equation so she's looking for a school that will give her both sides again.

Reaction Score
I was kinda hoping Kim could bring Maddie Cox and her to BR but it’s still early

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Well, where to put this one?
The first domino to fall on the Kim Mulkey move to LSU appears to be the decommitment of Class of 2023 Sammie Wagner. The 6'1" wing (rated #2 in ASGR, #4 in HG) from Bush Texas explains why she did this below. The gist: she committed to Baylor, her dad's alma mater, and Coach Mulkey in pretty much equal measure. No Mulkey wrecks that equation so she's looking for a school that will give her both sides again.

Unless she pretty quickly pivots to LSU, this one could take a while. Wagner committed so early, I can't imagine she had much of a chance to build any meaningful relationships with programs that match her current ability and ranking.

And, fwiw, I'll be shocked if she and Maddie Cox choose different schools.

Reaction Score
I was kinda hoping Kim could bring Maddie Cox and her to BR but it’s still early
Is Maddie Cox an elite player? I believe the middle sister wasn’t that good and went to a mid major.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is Maddie Cox an elite player? I believe the middle sister wasn’t that good and went to a mid major.

She's ranked 3rd at ASGR and 30th at Blue Star while not being listed at ESPN yet.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

One sister (Whitney) is playing basketball right now at Lubbock Christian and another (Kaylee) signed to play volleyball at Missouri.

Lauren is the oldest.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Unless she pretty quickly pivots to LSU, this one could take a while. Wagner committed so early, I can't imagine she had much of a chance to build any meaningful relationships with programs that match her current ability and ranking.

And, fwiw, I'll be shocked if she and Maddie Cox choose different schools.

Last I checked, she's Class of 2023, no? So, I think she's got some time on her hands. If she's at all serious about what she posted, she can start taking campus visits after June 1 and coaches can start seeing her play come mid-July. The campus visit could allow her to meet with Kim's successor and she if she stays at Baylor, as per your "gut."

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Last I checked, she's Class of 2023, no? So, I think she's got some time on her hands. If she's at all serious about what she posted, she can start taking campus visits after June 1 and coaches can start seeing her play come mid-July. The campus visit could allow her to meet with Kim's successor and she if she stays at Baylor, as per your "gut."

Yes, 2023, so she has plenty of time. She committed to Baylor as an 8th grader, so I'd imagine she didn't take many (if any) visits before that. I remember reading that she had a lot of P5 offers already, but I'd be curious to know how many were offers and how many were just interested coaches.

I hope she really takes her time and, at the end of the day, she chooses LSU, she'll know she did her due diligence.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Fun that she tags herself @BigGuardCori because she reminds me of Kayla McBride. K-Mac was a sturdily built guard who combined moves to the lane with her long-range "buckets" bombing.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
An article on some prospects from ESPN for those interested:

Thanks for posting.

Notre Dame is apparently pushing hard on Tabitha Amanze, who is 6'4". ND has whiffed on a number of Class of 2022 prospects and -- after seeing Patterson sign up for Storrs -- is opening up the search for a greatly-needed forward. In this case it helps that prospect was a high school teammate of Irish freshman point guard, Olivia Miles.

North Carolina and Princeton makes sense in that Courtney Banghart was hard wired on Miles while she was at Princeton and continued to be at North Carolina. Wake Forest will be interesting. I'll bet former post coach Melissa D'Amico led the charge but now she's head coach at Boston University. Will Jen Hoover continue to pursue? Will D'Amico reach out with a mid-major option?

Northwestern has recruited NJ well recently, so that isn't a surprise.

F Tabitha Amanze
Blair Academy (New Jersey)
espnW rating: Four+ stars

Blair Academy did not play a high school season this year, but Amanze has steadily improved her game since her freshman year, when she at times looked like a fish out of water. But she kept playing hard and worked on her strengths: defense, rebounding and running the floor.

Her development has continued: She is better in the pick-and-roll game, in the mid- and low-post positions and in more technical parts of defensive schemes. She is a more efficient free throw shooter and has more touch around the basket. Her length, jumping ability and motor allow her to keep getting improving.

Some of the schools recruiting her include Notre Dame, North Carolina, Duke, Princeton, Harvard, Northwestern and Wake Forest, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom