AP Top 25 Women's Preseason Poll | Page 7 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25 Women's Preseason Poll

Reaction Score
Michigan lost this game to Ohio State, 77 - 81 even Hillimon scored 50 pts. Defense is the whole team's effort not just one person. End of discussion.
Lol if you say so.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sorry but I think you failed to point out that she spent time on the bench because Liv got her in foul trouble. I am no fan of Liv's and am ecstatic that Dorka is here but I can't let inaccuracy go unanswered.
Wrong. Again. Most of the time Cardoso spent on the bench in the first period was because of conditioning, not foul trouble. She committed her first foul at 7:28 in the 2nd period on Edwards. By 6:41 of the 2nd period Liv had committed her 2nd foul on Cardoso. Kamilla's second foul was an offensive foul at 1:03 of the second period where she backed (stupidly) into Liv. To that point she had outscored Liv 10-4 and each had 5 rebounds. The rest of Syracuse had scored 16 points. But there was no doubt the last foul looked like both a freshman and a fatigue mistake and she was pulled. Lets remember as well, Syracuse played the game with only 7 players available. 4 players had been left in Syracuse due to a "violaton in team rules", which was probably part of the beginning of Q's ultimate downfall. Syracuse then spent the first three minutes of the 3rd period failing to get the ball into a consistently open Cardoso. When Cardoso went out at 6:34 point Liv began to do work offensively. Cardoso returned at 4:04. UConn then really started to attack Syracuse's weak match up zone consistently finding the weak spot on the right block, scoring 10 baskets in the lane during the period. At 2:27 Liv committed her third foul directly on Cardoso. Kamilla was then pulled (again) for her poor conditioning. At 9:19 of the 4th period Cardoso committed her 3rd foul on Aubrey. Unbelievably, Cardoso got her first shot of the 2nd half at 8:07 of the 4th period, as Syracuse consistently failed to get Cardoso touches inside. She got her first points of the 2nd half at 8:01 of the 4th period. At 6:34 Cardoso committed her final foul against Edwards on her drive to the basket. So, no Liv did not get Kamilla in foul trouble at all during the game. In fact, Cardoso got Liv to committ 3 defensive fouls against her. I too can't let blatant inaccuracy go unanswered.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So you’re going off of seeing her play once? Ah got it. These things have a way of happening themselves so we’ll find out soon enough who was the best transfer on the market. I personally give my vote to NC St transfer Diamond Johnson. Also the player I was referring to above was Naz Hillmon scoring 50 points on Dorka Juhasz last season.
And you are still ignoring my initial question. But that's ok. And I never said that Dorka was the "best" transfer or anything like that. I wanted to know why an underachieving freshman (I believe some here on the BY posted this) would be "rated" higher than a 2 Time First Team Big Ten selection. I guess it might be her height gives her the edge (might as well throw that in there too).

Thank you answering my question about the 50 points. Seriously.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So you’re going off of seeing her play once? Ah got it. These things have a way of happening themselves so we’ll find out soon enough who was the best transfer on the market. I personally give my vote to NC St transfer Diamond Johnson. Also the player I was referring to above was Naz Hillmon scoring 50 points on Dorka Juhasz last season.
To be fair to Dorka, that was her second game back from being out for nearly a month dealing with COVID. So, she was struggling with her conditioning and they were without Aaliyah Patty in that game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is AP's March 15, 2021 ranking. South Carolina is # 6, and again nothing changes for UConn and Stanford. Except UConn adds #1 and #5 freshmen, South Carolina adds #2. 3 and 4 freshmen.

View attachment 70410
Um, Kaizen, Stanford lost Kiana Williams their Highest Scorer from a year ago and led the team in assists and minutes, so while Stanford still has talent, that is a big piece to lose.
SC also had a great transfer arrive on campus via Syracuse and they had the #1 rated class coming into Columbia with UConn being #2. To me, at this juncture, knowing we could play SC twice before the NCAAT so to worry about a “poll” 2 weeks before the season is nothing to get too upset about. Remember in Stewie’s freshman year, we lost to ND 3 times before the Tourney and we know how that turned out :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That is a specious argument. Yeah, Dorka was on the team, but if you'd actually watched the game 95% of the defensive responsibility for covering Hillmon was #23 Rebeka Mikulasikova, not Dorka. Watch the game. I've seen this quote from other SCar aficionado's on YouTube and it's just not true. You don't need to belittle UConn's pick up of a fine, highly skilled player in order to hype up your transfer.

Reaction Score
And you are still ignoring my initial question. But that's ok. And I never said that Dorka was the "best" transfer or anything like that. I wanted to know why an underachieving freshman (I believe some here on the BY posted this) would be "rated" higher than a 2 Time First Team Big Ten selection. I guess it might be her height gives her the edge (might as well throw that in there too).

I said she was the best transfer on the market.

What in your mind is leading you to say she was an underachieving freshman? Are you basing her entire Freshman season off of her game against UConn? You're too ignorant regarding Cardoso to call her underachieving, so please refrain. She was the ACC FOY/DPOY as a freshman. Dorka is a very skilled and experienced player. I think Cardoso has more impressive accolades when you compare them after the freshman seasons. She would probably get similar accolades to Dorka her next two seasons if she stayed.

Cardoso was the best transfer on the market IMO because; she has tremendous size and agility, she had a great freshman season in a tough conference, her conditioning is fixable, her potential is higher than anyone available, and she has 4 years of eligibility left.

Dorka is more skilled than her and more experienced. I just think Cardoso has the higher ceiling and a coach would have more time to develop her. She has physical tools you can't teach.

Reaction Score
That is a specious argument. Yeah, Dorka was on the team, but if you'd actually watched the game 95% of the defensive responsibility for covering Hillmon was #23 Rebeka Mikulasikova, not Dorka. Watch the game. I've seen this quote from other SCar aficionado's on YouTube and it's just not true. You don't need to belittle UConn's pick up of a fine, highly skilled player in order to hype up your transfer.
I did watch the game and Dorka did cover her. I would say it was 50-50 with Mikulasikova. The same way UConn fans tried to belittle Cardoso right? Lol ok. It’s ok like I said earlier we will find out soon enough.

Reaction Score
You are 100% correct, it is #23 Rebeka guarded Hillmom. Watch this video. Thank you.

Reaction Score

If it’s underachieving to you then so be. BTW no SC poster came here ever stating she was the best transfer that was declared by your fellow UConn posters I only came to defend Kamilla when you brought up her “underachieving” while having a great year. I also clearly stated I thought Diamond Johnson is the best transfer to me

Reaction Score
I did watch the game and Dorka did cover her. I would say it was 50-50 with Mikulasikova. The same way UConn fans tried to belittle Cardoso right? Lol ok. It’s ok like I said earlier we will find out soon enough.
Where is 50-50 from? Watch the video I provide above.

Reaction Score
Where is 50-50 from? Watch the video I provide above.
So she wasn’t there for some of the drives or offensive rebounds? She definitely was apart of some baskets

Reaction Score

It must be that Cardoso is 2 inches taller than Dorka....

I like Dorka, ONO, and AE (and Amari by January 27th & possibly Piath will get in on the fun as well) better than Boston, Cardoso, and anybody else from SC, as the threes will be raining down from UCONN guards to free up space for our BIGs....

"lighten up, Francis!".....

not so seriously..... ; )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
thank you for supporting my opinion. As we all know Liv has not performed as expected against top clubs. Therefore Her 17 point 8 rebound performance against Cardoso validates my opinion of Cardoso's performance the one time that I saw her. Cardoso had a nice game with 12 and 7, but her foul trouble in a big game (NCAA Playoffs) indicated to me she couldn't handle Liv as other players were able. Hence, my opinion as posted.

I don't clearly understand tagging my post as UConn centric. If I had stated an opinion without some level of substantiation then perhaps your point would be valid. While the stated purpose of the board is to be UConn Women's Basketball focused, I find it far more open than any other of the 5 boards I regularly read.
Ah, I went off on a tangent. I think that while I was trying to respond to you I have been keeping in mind the post that went off the rails recently, and I wasn't quite sure where the appropriate place to address that particular post was so, it just ended up jumbled in with the post about Cardoso. I'll be going off on a few tangents below.

I think a one game example about Cardoso as others have mentioned is really not indicative of the ACC FOY's talent especially going up against a team like UConn where she didn't have the support needed.

Reaction Score
That's impressive. I've never seen an NCAA women's one-on-one game before.

Reaction Score
my oh my how things changed quickly with the Cardoso evaluations. Not saying everyone was saying it but many were thrilled and saying if she committed to Uconn they would be unstoppable. Now it's considered Dorka is a wash or might be better? Blasphemy. Was Dorka even a top 30 ranked recruit Cardoso was I believe 5th in her class.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the video that Kaizen posted? There was no 50-50! Dorka hardly guarded her at all. She certainly could not have done worse than Mikulasikova though. I can’t believe the coach didn’t try something else. That poor girl was simply abused by Hillmon!

Reaction Score
You really have to love this time of year when the initial rankings come out (and other times in the season too, but especially now). Every team's Board Boo Birds fly off to every other team's board to poop on someone's windshield. Fun times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom