AP Rankings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Rankings

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
There are some voters who think of Tenn like they think of the Confederacy. :rolleyes:
I nominate this post (i.e., it's a double slam) as best wit of the day!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Sabrina certainly did well enough against Team USA
It is sad to point out that against the national team she played against a 39 year old point guard and a 36 year old shooting guard whose best days are a terrific memory.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Kind of OT...but there is a young lady from Meriden, Connecticut (Kiah Gillespie) who is really appreciated down in Tallahassee....didn't realize where she was from until I heard it announced.

Hey Billy, you lost? The Conference Realignment board is back thataway. What's our favorite FSU football fan doing on a UConn WCBB board. You cheating on the Shark? :D

Reaction Score
Hey Billy, you lost? The Conference Realignment board is back thataway. What's our favorite FSU football fan doing on a UConn WCBB board. You cheating on the Shark? :D

I have been attempting to be a basketball fan...not too learned yet.

Since y'all seem to follow Connecticut athletes, thought that I would post...Kiah is a great basketball player.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Back to the topic of the AP poll:

Some teams I think are significantly overranked:

Team
(AP ranking)​
Seeding in 2019 NCAAs​
end-2019 Massey ranking​
Rationale​
Kentucky (13)
6​
24​
Lost 2 of top 3 players to graduation. Not at all clear who can fill the void to complement Howard.
Michigan State (15)
9​
38​
Lost Allen (graduation) and Cooks (transfer). Might be better than last year, but 23 spots better?
Indiana (18)
10​
41​
I hesitate to include them here, but I think people are overestimating how much they'll improve. All-glue player Bendu Yeaney is still rehabbing a torn achilles.
Arkansas (20)
WNIT​
53​
Though I think they'll make the NCAAs, I think there's some recency bias at play here, based on their run in the SEC tournament last March.
Tennessee (23)
11​
49​
I'm morally obligated to include them in this list. Are we really rewarding them for beating the Little Sisters of the Wounded Leprechauns?
West Virginia (25)
WNIT​
47​
Muldrow was a huge graduation loss, and big question marks hang over Tynice Martin. They do have Gondrezick back, but this team has a lot of questions to answer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Back to the topic of the AP poll:

Some teams I think are significantly overranked:

Team
(AP ranking)​
Seeding in 2019 NCAAs​
end-2019 Massey ranking​
Rationale​
Kentucky (13)
6​
24​
Lost 2 of top 3 players to graduation. Not at all clear who can fill the void to complement Howard.
Michigan State (15)
9​
38​
Lost Allen (graduation) and Cooks (transfer). Might be better than last year, but 23 spots better?
Indiana (18)
10​
41​
I hesitate to include them here, but I think people are overestimating how much they'll improve. All-glue player Bendu Yeaney is still rehabbing a torn achilles.
Arkansas (20)
WNIT​
53​
Though I think they'll make the NCAAs, I think there's some recency bias at play here, based on their run in the SEC tournament last March.
Tennessee (24)
11​
49​
I'm morally obligated to include them in this list. Are we really rewarding them for beating the Little Sisters of the Wounded Leprechauns?
West Virginia (25)
WNIT​
47​
Muldrow was a huge graduation loss, and huge question marks hang over Tynice Martin. They do have Gondrezick back, but this team has a lot of questions to answer.
Would like to see your list of the teams that are severely under-ranked.

Reaction Score
She played who they put in front of her that’s all you can ask
I don't take that as a slam against Sabrina but maybe he was implying that the Stanford and OSU player guarding a 36 year old Olympian did not take care of business? In defense of Stanford and OSU I would disagree about that. Going to have to have a whole team effort to beat USA

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't take that as a slam against Sabrina but maybe he was implying that the Stanford and OSU player guarding a 39 year old did not take care of business? In defense of Stanford and OSU I would disagree about that.

I think you missed the point entirely. The 39 and 36 year old guards from the U.S. team had trouble guarding Sabrina. But Kiana Williams and Dijonai Carrington looked good against those same defenders, better than they have thus far in this young college season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom