AP Rankings | The Boneyard

AP Rankings

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
AP is not as reliable or authoritative or opinionated as Plebe's list, but...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Yet another record that Muffet won't catch Geno on. Isn't that sad? :p

Having said that, I don't believe ND will stay out of the top 25 all season.

Texas? That's a different story.

Agreed. They looked pretty good as they were trying to claw their way back into the game against Michigan State. If they can channel that, they'll find their way back in.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn was ranked out of the Top 25?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Agreed. They looked pretty good as they were trying to claw their way back into the game against Michigan State. If they can channel that, they'll find their way back in.
I've said it before, but just getting Vaughn back (projected early to mid-December) will be a HUGE boost. Imagine if UConn had to play without Olivia. This is what ND's having to deal with.

Reaction Score
Where is Arizona.........................Conspiracy.

Looks like beating Texas is no longer a big win. In fact it's losing to Texas that will have a greater effect on a team's ranking. And that's sad. Too much talent going to waste in a sport that is short of it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Looks like beating Texas is no longer a big win. In fact it's losing to Texas that will have a greater effect on a team's ranking. And that's sad. Too much talent going to waste in a sport that is short of it.
Texas has become like Tennessee. Losing to them is an automatic DQ (as Notre Dame just found out).

Reaction Score
I've said it before, but just getting Vaughn back (projected early to mid-December) will be a HUGE boost. Imagine if UConn had to play without Olivia. This is what ND's having to deal with.
Losing Liv to injury probably would guarantee at least 7 or 8 losses.

Reaction Score
Do you really think that UConn is a top 10 team? I don't know. When you watch them play, it looks like they are really a 15 or 16 team. I say that based on watching them today versus how they played last year and the past 5 years, there is really no comparison. Be realistic if you are going to criticize what I am saying. If they truly are a 4, then the rest of the teams on a practical basis are really not that better than UConn. Maybe, this year the elite team is Oregon followed by Baylor, but the way UConn plays, I just can't see it. Have at it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Losing Liv to injury probably would guarantee at least 7 or 8 losses.
Exactly, and then imagine if UConn didn't have 3 returning starters on the floor.

Reaction Score
Do you really think that UConn is a top 10 team? I don't know. When you watch them play, it looks like they are really a 15 or 16 team. I say that based on watching them today versus how they played last year and the past 5 years, there is really no comparison. Be realistic if you are going to criticize what I am saying. If they truly are a 4, then the rest of the teams on a practical basis are really not that better than UConn. Maybe, this year the elite team is Oregon followed by Baylor, but the way UConn plays, I just can't see it. Have at it.

I agree on how they look now. UConn fans are used to a much more polished level of play in November. Not so for most other programs where the goal is to be good in March/April.
At this point most of the top teams are being ranked on talent and past success. As long as they win, no matter how ugly, they stay in the top 10.

Reaction Score
VOD, while I agree with your message regarding UConn's current team skills, suggest that there are 3-5 elite teams, then 5-7 lower top ten teams that, depending on matchups, could beat anyone on any night. Injuries, rebounding, and hot 3 point shooting will determine who falls in which category as the year evolves.

Reaction Score

It's a down year for WCBB. :rolleyes: I would like to know who are the other 14 or 15 teams you would place before UConn...besides the obvious top three? Tell me what teams Baylor beat up so far?...and how about Miss St, what OOC teams have they beat? Maryland already lost one game, would you have them above UConn?. Have you seen all the other teams play? The ranking will shake out eventually, the cream will rise to the top and the pretenders will fall from the rankings.

I'll admit I have not seen many other teams play so far.

Reaction Score

Really? Name 15 teams better than UConn right now. It's not like there have been a bunch of really impressive teams out there. And some of the best teams are playing early schedules that are, bluntly, embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Season-ending poll of 1993.

Fantastic find. Thanks.
Looking through the stats I came across an interesting stat about No 1. Since Geno became a head coach his teams have been ranked 37.7% of the AP polls.

Since 1995 UConn has been No 1 in 50% of all AP polls. Can we understand now why long time wcbb fans of other teams don't shed a tear for UConn/Geno?

Reaction Score
It's a down year for WCBB. :rolleyes: I would like to know who are the other 14 or 15 teams you would place before UConn...besides the obvious top three? Tell me what teams Baylor beat up so far?...and how about Miss St, what OOC teams have they beat? Maryland already lost one game, would you have them above UConn?. Have you seen all the other teams play? The ranking will shake out eventually, the cream will rise to the top and the pretenders will fall from the rankings.

I'll admit I have not seen many other teams play so far.
Why is it a "down year" for WCBB?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom