AP Poll - Week 6 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 6

Reaction Score
Jon Wilner, Justin Jackson, Matt Charboneau.

These 3 had Bama ranked above us.

Clueless...

Predictably, the top three are really close. Purdue has 1508 points, Virginia has 1476, UConn 1466. Alabama garnered 1326 to come in at fourth. I could see movement among the top three even without anyone losing, depending on how good they look in a given week.

Safe to say those 3 are the reason we're #3 instead of #2?

Reaction Score
#1 feels cursed… I’ll take #2 or 3 until we get a couple BE games under our belt.

Butler gives me the heebie-jeebies. They’re trending upward w/ Thad Matta.
Hunter or Hunted. I'll take hunted.

Reaction Score
It’s hard for the voters to have us leapfrogging over teams, seeing that Purdue and Virginia were ahead of us. I’m a Kenpom guy, UConn should be #1 but if we keep on winning things will sort themselves out.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I simply don't understand how Purdue jumps UVA but we can't jump both
The points are so tight and different voters value different things. I'm thinking that some saw a road conference victory as being huge for Purdue. Again, I think it's clear that there's an argument for any of Purdue, Virginia and UConn to be number one. We are virtually tied with Virginia for #2.

Let's go take care of business on the road at Hinkle and let the voters think some more.

Reaction Score
Others receiving votes:
Marquette 39
Xavier 26
Creighton 11

Johnnies don't even get a vote. Awful schedule I guess.
I don't understand the reluctance of leapfrogging. Evaluate each team on its own merits, not based on where it started pre-season polls.

Reaction Score
The points are so tight and different voters value different things. I'm thinking that some saw a road conference victory as being huge for Purdue. Again, I think it's clear that there's an argument for any of Purdue, Virginia and UConn to be number one. We are virtually tied with Virginia for #2.

Let's go take care of business on the road at Hinkle and let the voters think some more.
If a voter thinks an overtime win over a .500 Nebraska team is more impressive than giving Florida their worst home loss since 1998, then they need to have their brain checked.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If a voter thinks an overtime win over a .500 Nebraska team is more impressive than giving Florida their worst home loss since 1998, then they need to have their brain checked.
Agreed... it's been well-established that a lot of these voters don't follow the games or landscape of college basketball very closely.

And if you have Alabama above UConn at this stage in the season, you should really have your voting privileges revoked.

The only explanation for the few who had Bama over us might be strength of schedule. The analytics don't like our SOS, but they like Bama's. But a head-to-head beatdown should trump that.

Reaction Score
Just came out, we are #3 as expected:

15 #1 votes though. I’ll take it

It didn't just come out. It was posted in this thread 30 minutes before you did. Lol

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
A breakdown of Vote ballots for UConn :

I look at this and am reminded that there was one single “sports writer” who didn’t vote for Jeter as a first ballot MLB Hall of Famer. I.e some people are just incredibly desperate to have their name in lights for any dumb reason.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not directed at you, I see your joking, but I do see this scrimmage brought up both here and on Reddit. People forget we had neither Karaban or Dre…
Absolutely joking. We were down key parts of the starting lineup, integrating new players more than Virginia had to do and it is a scrimmage where the score is far less important than utilizing it to develop your team.

If anyone believes we could not have scored more against LIU and easily have set the UConn scoring record they would have missed that Hurley was playing all out for most of the game but was also working on sets and plays. Same as at Virginia but we were able to observe it for ourselves.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1670869045635.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom