Here are some public ballots and where they had us ranked last week in ( ):

Seth Davis: 16 (23)
Jon Rothstein: 19 (20)
Clayton Collier: 15 (21)
Mark Berman: 19 (20)

Non-AP:
Reddit CBB: Not out yet (20)
Gary Parrish CBS: 15

Last week 2 voters still had us unranked. I suspect that will change...or they are bitter Syracuse fans

If anyone is interested, here is a ballot tracker of where the voters have had us ranked Connecticut Huskies Basketball at College Poll Tracker

Usually Borges and a couple other guys drop theirs around now too, if anyone see them feel free to add it to the thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think 16-17 seems likely. While the top 10 losing doesn't bump any down to us, the overall size of the number in the L column does make UConn look a little better.

Reaction Score
Klee responded. He said he ranked us this week. Shocker...we are on a heater and beat Nova.
You probably made it more likely that he will choose provocativeness over objectivity in the future. "Oh goodie! I am getting engagement from all over the country!"

Reaction Score
Wonder why the huge jump from Davis and Collier and who they had ahead of us before.

Rothstein and Berman a bit more realistic.

I mean, how many teams right in front of us lost this week? The damage was mostly in the top 10.

Reaction Score
I wonder where we'd be if we never lose Sanogo and Martin for a stretch. I think we'd probably be top 10 with two more wins.
Agreed - I think even if we beat Creighton at home we'd be in the 9-12 range this week

Reaction Score
Wonder why the huge jump from Davis and Collier and who they had ahead of us before.

Rothstein and Berman a bit more realistic.

I mean, how many teams right in front of us lost this week? The damage was mostly in the top 10.

I guess it depends who the guys immediately ahead of us beat in the last week. We beat a top 10 team, so that should allow us to leap frog some other teams if their wins were less impressive.

Reaction Score
Not part of the poll, but ESPN power rankings: College basketball Power Rankings: Baylor is back at No. 2, Saint Mary's enters the fray

i

15. UConn Huskies (21-7)
Previous ranking:
In the waiting room
This week: at Creighton (Wednesday), vs. DePaul (Saturday)

UConn moves into the rankings following its home win over Villanova on Tuesday and its road victory at Georgetown on Sunday afternoon. The Huskies have now won five in a row and 11 of their last 14 games, to give them a real chance at a top-four seed come Selection Sunday. Contrary to some past Dan Hurley-coached teams, this season's iteration is led by its offense. UConn has a top-20 offense nationally and the second-ranked offensive unit in the Big East. The Huskies are elite on the offensive glass and are one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the league. Over their last four games, they've scored at least 1.06 points per possession in each game, making at least 41.7% of their 3-pointers in each of their last 3 games. According to Bart Torvik's metrics, they're No. 11 in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency over that stretch

Reaction Score
I have no issue with it. Honestly, it's great for the league to have multiple teams at the top.

I agree that it's good for the league. I just despise Providence haha.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
when these deep and perplexing questions arise, i like to ask my goto expert for all things unknown, richard starkey. he knows all, cuz he is a 'Sir,' and the answer is,

'they walked out of our dreams, and into our arms,
now they're our angels divine.
all ours,
all ours,
all ours.'

thanks coach. if winning were easy, everybuddy would do it.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
God seeing Providence at 9 pisses me off so much

Honestly if it weren't for metrics and how people bow to the metrics, they should be higher with their overall and league records. 20 -25 years ago they would be #1 in the country this week, because they would've already been higher somewhere around top 5, and then would've made the leap to #1 after what happened on bloody Saturday.

So let's be grateful we didn't have to endure the Friar fans on this board gloating over that. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom