AP Poll Week 17 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll Week 17

Reaction Score
So we passed Illinois, Texas, and Murray State, didn't leapfrog anyone else in front of us, and avoided getting leapfrogged by St. Mary's.

Fairly status-quo result.

Reaction Score
In addition to what others said, Nova is 7 and 12 in the NET rankings and Kenpom, respectively and we’re 17 and 19. I’m sure these and other rankings influence voters more than than anything since they can’t watch or know who teams have played and beaten/lost to.
You mean...they can't go online and check?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not much to complain about. 3 7 loss teams above us. Villanova deserves to be. TT should be as well, despite a bad loss to TCU. Tennessee has an inflated win over UNC when they were ranked, and a win over Arizona. I think they should be lower, but they just beat Auburn. I don't think the AP voters consider anything like UConn losing games without Sanogo, Whaley or Martin.

Poe

Reaction Score
You mean...they can't go online and check?
No, that’s not what I mean. They can go and check. Whether they’re diving into the schedules of every team and comparing every team to each other for a weekly ranking, when they can rely on third parties that do that already, who knows.

Reaction Score
Not much to complain about. 3 7 loss teams above us. Villanova deserves to be. TT should be as well, despite a bad loss to TCU. Tennessee has an inflated win over UNC when they were ranked, and a win over Arizona. I think they should be lower, but they just beat Auburn. I don't think the AP voters consider anything like UConn losing games without Sanogo, Whaley or Martin.
Yeah I agree. I don't think the argument is that we should be ahead of Nova, just maybe a few spots higher up than we are.

The Houston ranking is puzzling. They're basically a mid-major this year. 0-3 in Q1. (Thank God we got out of the AAC).

I'm also curious if the AP ranking bleeds into the committee decisions when they are doing seeding. It would be nice to be going into MSG having won 6/7 and having a ranking in the top 15 - hoping that gets us out of the 12/5 game.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Is providence going to be dogs in every tourney game they play? Their only other regular season game is at Villanova. They may lose out lol

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the Provi hate? They aren't even kind of in our league.
I’m starting to think it’s envy of all the positive press. It’s odd how much it comes up in here. I’ve been here a month or so, and in some form, it comes up in a thread daily. Did anyone here talk about them when they stunk up the joint last year? Unless you’re playing against a team in your league, their success in all the other games is important. Do you want to be a in 2-3 bid league or see them in the dance every year? So stupid. “I want revenge from December…we didn’t have Sanogo…blah blah blah”. You wonder why they hate us too.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Providence is not going to win another game this year. L to Nova, L in first round of BET, L to whatever 13/14 seed they play
You’re going to be disappointed. They probably lose to Nova this week but would not be surprised if they win a game or two in the BET and one to three games in the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
#15 on ESPN

UConn moves into the rankings following its home win over Villanova on Tuesday and its road victory at Georgetown on Sunday afternoon. The Huskies have now won five in a row and 11 of their last 14 games, to give them a real chance at a top-four seed come Selection Sunday. Contrary to some past Dan Hurley-coached teams, this season's iteration is led by its offense. UConn has a top-20 offense nationally and the second-ranked offensive unit in the Big East. The Huskies are elite on the offensive glass and are one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the league. Over their last four games, they've scored at least 1.06 points per possession in each game, making at least 41.7% of their 3-pointers in each of their last 3 games. According to Bart Torvik's metrics, they're No. 11 in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency over that stretch.

Funny after how concerned we were at one point over the offense that we have a top 20 offense and are one of the better three point shooting teams in the conference. Jordan Hawkins improvement has taken this offense to a whole new level.

Reaction Score
#15 on ESPN

UConn moves into the rankings following its home win over Villanova on Tuesday and its road victory at Georgetown on Sunday afternoon. The Huskies have now won five in a row and 11 of their last 14 games, to give them a real chance at a top-four seed come Selection Sunday. Contrary to some past Dan Hurley-coached teams, this season's iteration is led by its offense. UConn has a top-20 offense nationally and the second-ranked offensive unit in the Big East. The Huskies are elite on the offensive glass and are one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the league. Over their last four games, they've scored at least 1.06 points per possession in each game, making at least 41.7% of their 3-pointers in each of their last 3 games. According to Bart Torvik's metrics, they're No. 11 in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency over that stretch.

Funny after how concerned we were at one point over the offense that we have a top 20 offense and are one of the better three point shooting teams in the conference. Jordan Hawkins improvement has taken this offense to a whole new level.
Deja vu.

Reaction Score
Deja vu.

My bad, I assumed somebody had it on here, just didn’t see it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Villanova’s losses include UCLA, Baylor and Purdue. They’ve had a much stronger schedule. I think it’s fair, although I’d think we’d be more in the 14-16 range.
I’m pretty sure we could lose to at least two of UCLA, Baylor and Purdue

Reaction Score
Maybe they don't count much with the pollsters, but our neutral court wins over VCU (20-7) and St. Bonnies (19-7) are far from shabby. And the win over St. Bonnies was somehow accomplished without Sanogo and Martin.

Reaction Score
Maybe they don't count much with the pollsters, but our neutral court wins over VCU (20-7) and St. Bonnies (19-7) are far from shabby. And the win over St. Bonnies was somehow accomplished without Sanogo and Martin.
Definitely solid wins, but can't forget that both those teams were also missing major impact players (VCU didn't have Adrian Baldwin and Bonnies didn't have Kyle Lofton).

Reaction Score
The VCU win can very easily end up as a Q1 win. They're currently 52 in the NET. Gotta root for a win tonight

Reaction Score
The VCU win can very easily end up as a Q1 win. They're currently 52 in the NET. Gotta root for a win tonight

I have a feeling the computers/committee are going to like us more than the AP pollsters have when it comes down to it.

Finish strong this week and at least get one in the BET - I have to believe 4 seed is in play.

Say that happens - 24-8, 6-7 Q1 (assuming VCU becomes Q1 and @ Creighton is a W).

NET is 17 now, it would probably wind up in the 12-15 range.

ZERO bad losses. One Q2 loss.

Now...if they beat Nova again? And then get PC in the final?

26-7, 10 straight, 11 of 12, 8-6 Q1 record, Big East champs...that's a 3 seed easy.

Reaction Score
At least all of the AP voters gave us a vote this week . . .

1646151216202.png

Reaction Score
I have a feeling the computers/committee are going to like us more than the AP pollsters have when it comes down to it.

Finish strong this week and at least get one in the BET - I have to believe 4 seed is in play.

Say that happens - 24-8, 6-7 Q1 (assuming VCU becomes Q1 and @ Creighton is a W).

NET is 17 now, it would probably wind up in the 12-15 range.

ZERO bad losses. One Q2 loss.

Now...if they beat Nova again? And then get PC in the final?

26-7, 10 straight, 11 of 12, 8-6 Q1 record, Big East champs...that's a 3 seed easy.
My thoughts are if we finish strong this week we lock up a 4 seed even if BE tournament goes poorly. If we win out a 2 seed should be very much in play.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
My thoughts are if we finish strong this week we lock up a 4 seed even if BE tournament goes poorly. If we win out a 2 seed should be very much in play.
I believe it’s 3 or 4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom