AP Poll- Week 11 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll- Week 11

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Certainly one way to look at things. But the trend line is bad, especially on defense.

Think of the 1st half of January as a quarter of the season played to date. If you were an economist and related that to fiscal quarters, you'd be on CNBC screaming about how the recession is already here and a depression is inevitable.

That’s the scary thing, I expected some losses in last stretch, fine. It’s how hard the eye test failed in most of them. We don’t handle late game pressure and/or getting punched in the mouth well at all. I want to lose playing our game, we aren’t doing that. We are losing getting dictated the game.

Reaction Score
Losing 4 out of 5 in conference by a combined 39 points is just a bit of a slide?
Yes, that's my opinion, you get to have yours. I do think we are at a pivot point though over the next couple of games, this team needs to get themselves back on track asap.

Reaction Score
Certainly one way to look at things. But the trend line is bad, especially on defense.

Think of the 1st half of January as a quarter of the season played to date. If you were an economist and related that to fiscal quarters, you'd be on CNBC screaming about how the recession is already here and a depression is inevitable.

Nope. Not when 3 of the 4 losses are on the road against top teams. Let’s see what happens when we get those same teams at home.

The defense has not been the problem. Turnovers have been the primary problem in 3 of the 4 losses. That’s not a defensive failure.

When Xavier and Marquette, 2 of the top shooting teams in the country, shoot over 50% at home, that’s not a defensive failure either. That’s what those 2 teams do to everyone - especially on their home courts. We need to give the other teams credit sometimes. They’re trying to win too and they have things they do well too.

If anything, I’ve been disappointed with 3-point shooting and FT shooting in particular in a couple of those games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom