AP Poll-Week 10 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AP Poll-Week 10

Reaction Score
We laid 2 eggs in a row on the road, favored in both games. Not gonna quibble about being 6 like it's some kind of insult. We could be worse and will be if we lose to Marquette. A lot of our fans have been on a high horse. We have to show we are worthy by quality wins.

Laid an egg??? Strong language.

Whoever favored us vs Xavier at their place didn’t know what they were talking about. That was a pick ‘‘em game. Even the PC game figured to be close.

Any home win by a good team in a P6 conference can’t really be called an upset even of the visiting team is favored. These teams know each other too well and the rivalries are too strong.

Reaction Score
Even better early 80's with the likes of Michael Adams, John Bagley, Jay Murphy, Martin Clark, John Garris, Stuu Primus, Dwan Chandler, Dom Pressley, Roger McCready. They were very good, Dr Tom and Sweaty Gary W were both good coaches at BC.
Yeaaa John bagley is from my neck of the woods my dad always talked about him and how good he was, Ernie Cobb is my wife’s uncle he played there too right?

Reaction Score
Let's not forge
The 90's were solid too with Eisley, Abrams, Huckaby and more. The ACC ruined sports in the Northeast.
Let's not forget Curley who's dad ruined his college career talking him out of being a Husky. We may have won our first title before '99 if he had made his own decision?

Reaction Score
Yeaaa John bagley is from my neck of the woods my dad always talked about him and how good he was, Ernie Cobb is my wife’s uncle he played there too right?

John and Ernie both very good players who escaped from our state as well as Garris, Murphy, Adams and so many others back in those days.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So blow outs of #4 Alabama and #14 Iowa State on neutral courts aren’t good enough? Two conference losses on the road make #6 generous?

What tough team has 2-loss Tennessee beaten to deserve being ranked ahead of us particularly considering their home loss to a 6-loss team like Colorado? And how does 2-loss Alabama whom we beat by 15 head-to-head on a neutral court get ranked ahead of us?

Don’t bother answering because there is no explanation. The polls never make much sense because they’re simply opinion polls with lots of voter bias. Even the people who vote in them don’t take them particularly seriously.
They are the only team to beat Kansas so far. Does that count?

Reaction Score
John and Ernie both very good players who escaped from our state as well as Garris, Murphy, Adams and so many others back in those days.
Ernie Cobb was so smooth. I always wondered as a kid if UConn’s trajectory would have changed entering the 1980s if he had chosen to stay in state in the late 70s.

Reaction Score
Mike DiMoron retweeted the below. I don't know, it seems Gtown's struggles are because of Ewing. They have enough of a storied program to attract talent and a good coach and be competitive in the league. I'm not sure BC moving the ACC for money has really made their sports programs better in fact it seems like hockey, basketball and football are all an afterthought.

Yeah, that is horsebleep. GTown proves only that if you have a very, very bad coach you will be very, very bad. This can happen anywhere. Is his point then that BC has had 3-4 bad coaches in a row since Al Skinner?! At some point it is the program and the conference and not the coach. Hardly a binary proposition where conference affiliation guarantees success. A good conference & fit therein enables and encourage success , but even a good conference with a terrible fit makes success much more challenging.

Reaction Score
I gave you a like on this because just today I texted my friend a big Met fan that I heard “he” lost Correa to the Twins and he wrote back that he… did not lose anyone. So I told him that if I use the word “we” for what my favorite baseball team does it means the Yankees not the Cleveland Guardians, and I have no hatred or dislike for those Indian/Guardians. Same goes for those men’s hoop players in Storrs…..”we”.

Reaction Score
Soup Campbell. Sly Williams. Rocket Rod Foster.

John Williamson, Mickey Heard, John Thomas, Jiggy Williamson, Ricky and Owen Mahorn, John Nelson, Billy Eason, Charles Smith, Frenchy Tomlin on and on and on. Too bad would've had some special teams in the 70's/80's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom