AP Poll-Week 10 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AP Poll-Week 10

Reaction Score
When looking at the poll one thing that really jumps out to me is the ACC and the hole that has appeared at the top of that conference. Would have been unthinkable 5 years ago that a 5-0 acc team (Clemson) would be unranked. I just cannot believe the state of things in the ACC

Mike DiMoron retweeted the below. I don't know, it seems Gtown's struggles are because of Ewing. They have enough of a storied program to attract talent and a good coach and be competitive in the league. I'm not sure BC moving the ACC for money has really made their sports programs better in fact it seems like hockey, basketball and football are all an afterthought.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We should be no worse than #6 behind Alabama and Tennessee. Texas and Arizona also lost giving us breathing room.
Good call. I thought It would be worse.

Reaction Score
When looking at the poll one thing that really jumps out to me is the ACC and the hole that has appeared at the top of that conference. Would have been unthinkable 5 years ago that a 5-0 acc team (Clemson) would be unranked. I just cannot believe the state of things in the ACC
only 3 ranked teams. but let's not forget the big bad 10. 2 ranked teams, purdue and wiscy.

Reaction Score
But nobody knows if they are really good, because they don't play tough enough competition. They are 1-1 against good teams. Most of the teams they played are absolutely terrible. The few games they played against mediocre teams like St. Mary's and UCF were close. Kent State lost by 4 at Houston. I'm not sure they are even a top 10 team.

They’re 3-1 vs Quad 1 teams.

Reaction Score
I think voters want to see what happens on the road against Marquette.

Who cares if we truly are a top 10 team.
We are looking for a 1 or 2 seed in the east @ Albany and MSG. We better win this one. Or it ain’t happening can’t loose the first 3 conference road games and get a top seed in the east.

Reaction Score

We are looking for a 1 or 2 seed in the east @ Albany and MSG. We better win this one. Or it ain’t happening can’t loose the first 3 conference road games and get a top seed in the east.
We have had good luck out west. This particular team might get sloppy thinking Albany/MSG guarantees a final 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Mike DiMoron retweeted the below. I don't know, it seems Gtown's struggles are because of Ewing. They have enough of a storied program to attract talent and a good coach and be competitive in the league. I'm not sure BC moving the ACC for money has really made their sports programs better in fact it seems like hockey, basketball and football are all an afterthought.

The big difference is that casuals know Georgetown is a brand. My wife thinks Georgetown is a good basketball school because they used to be very good. She thinks BC is terrible, and they were actually pretty good in the day too. BC is crippled playing in the south with no rivalries.
Georgetown just needs a good coach. Good coaches don’t want the BC job. Al Skinner should still be there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They’re 3-1 vs Quad 1 teams.
There are no Quad 1 teams, just Quad 1 games. Kent State isn’t Q1 anymore. Houston has very few chances for more. Kansas is 6-1 in Quad 1 games, with several more coming. UConn is 6-2.

Quadrant one wins are those home games vs. teams NET ranked 1-30, neutral games vs. 1-50, and away games vs. 1–75. They should be 3-1 now, with Kent State falling below 50. If Oregon slips a bit it goes to 2-1. Also, nobody else in the top 25 of NET has played 9 Quad 4 games. Very weak schedule even OOC.

Reaction Score
Could have said won the conference last year and kicked our ass this year. Until we beat them regularly since we are back, this might not be a good look.
Who is we? Your whole posting history on here is about PC, you haven't exactly done a great job of hiding who you root for

Reaction Score
Who is we? Your whole posting history on here is about PC, you haven't exactly done a great job of hiding who you root for

Been thru this crap before. Not going to go thru it again. I started in the Dee Rowe era with Corney and Chuck, and when this board started in the Current. Whats your Cred?

Reaction Score
only 3 ranked teams. but let's not forget the big bad 10. 2 ranked teams, purdue and wiscy.
We're 6 right? It's generous after those losses, until we win on road
vs tough teams.

Reaction Score

This is a completely made up and baseless statement.

Reaction Score
Yes, that one is getting up there with the Bama win (#6 and #15 NET at neutral sites) as resume anchors. Besides that, though, our next best wins are all barely Q1 (#25 Creighton at home, #70 Butler, #73 Florida on the road).

Marquette on the road would be a big one.
Oklahoma St is 40th. Oregon is 60th. Come on, man.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma St is 40th. Oregon is 60th. Come on, man.
Those wins are technically not as impressive by the metrics. The ones he listed are all Quad 1 wins, but Oklahoma State at 40 (home Q1 is 30) and Oregon at 60 (neutral Q1 is 50) are Quad 2 wins

Reaction Score
We're 6 right? It's generous after those losses, until we win on road
vs tough teams.

So blow outs of #4 Alabama and #14 Iowa State on neutral courts aren’t good enough? Two conference losses on the road make #6 generous?

What tough team has 2-loss Tennessee beaten to deserve being ranked ahead of us particularly considering their home loss to a 6-loss team like Colorado? And how does 2-loss Alabama whom we beat by 15 head-to-head on a neutral court get ranked ahead of us?

Don’t bother answering because there is no explanation. The polls never make much sense because they’re simply opinion polls with lots of voter bias. Even the people who vote in them don’t take them particularly seriously.

Reaction Score
We laid 2 eggs in a row on the road, favored in both games. Not gonna quibble about being 6 like it's some kind of insult. We could be worse and will be if we lose to Marquette. A lot of our fans have been on a high horse. We have to show we are worthy by quality wins.

Reaction Score
We laid 2 eggs in a row on the road, favored in both games. Not gonna quibble about being 6 like it's some kind of insult. We could be worse and will be if we lose to Marquette. A lot of our fans have been on a high horse. We have to show we are worthy by quality wins.

1673319914834.png

caw

Reaction Score

Not saying UConn shouldn't have played better, but as many have said the top four in the BE are undefeated at home. That dam will probably break, but until it does it's hard to call any road loss to those other three teams a bad loss, favored or not. We will see how UConn truly stands when the other three teams complete their tough road games.

On that note, PC has yet to play another top four BE team on the road (first is the 19th at Marquette). Same with Xavier (UConn on the 26th).

Marquette has only been to PC (and lost, second is X on the 16th).

UConn has had by far the hardest start to the BE conference season of the top teams with three trips to the other top three teams. UConn will have travelled to PC, X and Marquette before PC or X has travelled to any of the others.

As for the ranking I agree overall, six is pretty accurate. You could argue 4-6 but its that range. Houston, Kansas and Purdue all have better resumes right now. Bama's is close and they are looking good recently. Tennessee I haven't seen but they have a strong and similar resume. I do think there is another cliff after that right now, or perhaps after UCLA (can't get a good read on them). I would also probably flip KSU and X but the top ten is pretty solidly accurate right now.

Reaction Score
The big difference is that casuals know Georgetown is a brand. My wife thinks Georgetown is a good basketball school because they used to be very good. She thinks BC is terrible, and they were actually pretty good in the day too. BC is crippled playing in the south with no rivalries.
Georgetown just needs a good coach. Good coaches don’t want the BC job. Al Skinner should still be there.
Those Troy bell Craig Smith BC teams were TOUGH

Reaction Score
Even better early 80's with the likes of Michael Adams, John Bagley, Jay Murphy, Martin Clark, John Garris, Stuu Primus, Dwan Chandler, Dom Pressley, Roger McCready. They were very good, Dr Tom and Sweaty Gary W were both good coaches at BC.
The 90's were solid too with Eisley, Abrams, Huckaby and more. The ACC ruined sports in the Northeast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom