Ap Poll Due Out Tomorrow Afternoon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ap Poll Due Out Tomorrow Afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
They lost three games to UCONN, but won the one that mattered most, the last one. So they were improving while UCONN maintained status quo?
No they just had a better game that day. MM wasn't amazing and we couldn't stop Diggins and our lack of depth caught up with us.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No they just had a better game that day. MM wasn't amazing and we couldn't stop Diggins and our lack of depth caught up with us.
36 points for Maya and she wasn't amazing?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For the record, the 1180 character limit on posts sucks!
totally agree with that. how do we let the mods know? it's happening all of a sudden for me too when quoting someone else's post and adding my own comments

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
ROFLMAO
You cannot be serious!!!

+1

article-1022813-000D8B050000044C-246_224x277.jpg

Reaction Score
Did she "get" in foul trouble, or was she put in foul trouble? They looked like phantom fouls to my eyes.

Ahhh. Someone with my kind of eyesight. There were a string of phantom calls and charge/vs. block calls that changed the momentum of the game several times.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I dont think there is a team out there that scares UConn. I do think everybody on UConn schedule is scared to play them. UConn had Baylor by 16 and had foul trouble. UConn beat ND 3 times and the 4th time the Ref made a couple of bad calls on Stef and gave them the game. and TAM is going to be good again but not going to beat UConn adn Duke never plays good defense. So UConn may lose a game or two but they wont get beat. To many fans are looking at offense and not defense, not team chemistry, not team continunity. UConn is so far above every other team its almost silly. Will UConn lose a game this season. They might and might lose more then 1 or 2. All this assuming no major injuries for those who dont understand when you make predictions its understoond. So my preseason predictions is UConn is number 1 and the view dosnt change for the rest. However the polls will not see it that way.

Reaction Score
I dont think there is a team out there that scares UConn. I do think everybody on UConn schedule is scared to play them.

I highly doubt Baylor, which nearly won on the road, and ND, which won solidly in our last meeting, are intimidated by UConn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I highly doubt Baylor, which nearly won on the road, and ND, which won solidly in our last meeting, are intimidated by UConn.
Really well I guess we disagree.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Really well I guess we disagree.

I don't see why a team that beat UCONN under the big lights of the Final Four--which is their most recent meeting, not some long ago victory--would be scared of playing us today when the player who won 3 Wade trophies and scored 36 points against them, in a loss, has departed. Once you finally get over that hump emotionally, you don't go back. Could they lose to us? Of course, but ND is not going to be intimidated--every one of their likely starting five took part in that victory, four of them as starters. If our freshman play lights out and if our veterans take another step forward we could very well beat them soundly, but there are a lot of "ifs" in that equation. I think each meeting will be a battle between two teams that both believe they can win.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I don't see why a team that beat UCONN under the big lights of the Final Four--which is their most recent meeting, not some long ago victory--would be scared of playing us today when the player who won 3 Wade trophies and scored 36 points against them, in a loss, has departed. Once you finally get over that hump emotionally, you don't go back. Could they lose to us? Of course, but ND is not going to be intimidated--every one of their likely starting five took part in that victory, four of them as starters. If our freshman play lights out and if our veterans take another step forward we could very well beat them soundly, but there are a lot of "ifs" in that equation. I think each meeting will be a battle between two teams that both believe they can win.

Absolutely agree. Maybe teams will begin to fear UConn next year, but not this year.

Reaction Score
My top 10:

(1) Baylor
(2) Notre Dame
(3) Miami
(4) Texas A&M
(5) Stanford
(6) UConn
(7) Tenn
(8) Duke
(9) Louisville
(10) Georgetown
also: Kentucky, Maryland, Penn St, LSU, Rutgers

By the way, if these are the final regular season rankings, they imply an NCAA bracket of ...

Kngstn RI: (1) Miami (2) UConn (3) Kentucky (4) Penn St
Raleigh: (1) NDame (2) Duke (3) G-town (4) LSU
DesMoines: (1) Baylor (2) Tenn (3) L-ville (4) Rutgers
Fresno: (1) TAMU (2) Stanford (3) Maryland (4) USC

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Intimidated? Seriously?
You must not think much of those teams or their coaches.
oh

Why would you say that? It has nothing to do with not thinking highly of opposing coaches. With the events that happened last season with the phantom calls and UConns ability to be able to to blow teams out and those teams knowing it and knowing if they dont play your very best it will happen to them, is called what? I dont see where you coming from with that comment, unless you actually think the phantom calls in the FF were legit. See I dont and beating a good team like ND 3 times and then having phanton calls deceide the final game well I dont think that helps an opponets confidence. See when you win like that there is not alot of confidence because you know its UConn and you know Uconn wants revenge. Another point perhaps you dont think UConn is that good this season. I do I think they are better then advertised even with all the tuff teams theyre going to play.

Reaction Score
Why would you say that? It has nothing to do with not thinking highly of opposing coaches.

Any coach of a talented team that has intimidated players has failed as a coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It seemed to me that in a couple of the early games against UConn, Diggins didn't play well. Looked like alot of nerves on display and she didn't look like the same player that excelled against many other opponents. In the NCAAs, she got on a roll and entered that game with alot of confidence. She was pretty much unstoppable. I expect her to continue this year with that same confidence. It sort of like what happened with Tina Charles. Once she turned the corner her junior year, Tina was a beast. Once great players adjust to the next level, you can expect to see it game in and game out. There will be the odd, not so great games, but for the most part, Diggins will be a major thorn in the side to opponents all year.
Interesting point about Diggins. You may be right. On the other hand, it could be a series adjustments in which we change our defense and slow her down the next game and she and Muffet have to counter after that. We now have Banks and Caroline. I think our defense will be better.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Interesting point about Diggins. You may be right. On the other hand, it could be a series adjustments in which we change our defense and slow her down the next game and she and Muffet have to counter after that. We now have Banks and Caroline. I think our defense will be better.

I agree on the better defense, but she's so savvy that too much attention on Diggins means that somebody else will have great success. She will find the open teammates. On the other hand, I think Dolson will dominate the smaller ND post players. I still think that's their weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom