Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KML earns 2nd team, Dolson earns 3rd team and Faris for honorable mentions

Who's voting for these ??? Theyre ridicolous

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
All American Team - Link

No Surprises for the 1st team. Stef could have made second team if they didn't pick all Guards and forwards for that team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stef definitely should have made second team.

KML could have made first team, but as you said, not a huge surprise. She will make the WBCA team, and she is the only underclassman on either first or second team in the AP.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Funny there are certain players who were completely shut down by our "honorable mention"... twice! :rolleyes:
She has already had a much better career than 95% of these kids, will continue with that post-college and likely is a lot more happy with it so far..

Reaction Score
Does this mean that KML and Stef make the wall of honor? or do you need to be 1st team AA?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
May not agree with it, but congrats to KML, Dolson and Faris.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Does this mean that KML and Stef make the wall of honor? or do you need to be 1st team AA?
Must be first team AA, but WBCA/State Farm counts. KML is a mortal lock to make this team this season, and Stef has a good shot as well. If not, Stef will be the best post player in the country in all likelihood next season and stands a very good chance of making the AP First Team (and certainly the WBCA team).

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly was listed as one of the top 3 defenders in the country: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040213aab.html

Faris Selected Finalist for Division I Defensive Player of the Year
Faris tabbed one of three finalists for prestigious WBCA honor
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

April 2, 2013

ATLANTA (April 2, 2013) – Senior guard Kelly Faris has been tabbed as a finalist for the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association’s Division I Defensive Player of the Yearpresented by United States Marine Corps as announced by the WBCA on Tuesday morning. Faris is joined by Baylor’s Brittney Griner and Stanford’s Chiney Ogwumike as one of three finalists for the prestigious honor.

The Defensive Player of the Year award honors the best defensive collegiate Division I women's basketball player. All Division I conference defensive players of the year are eligible to be nominated for the award. A selection committee makes the final decision on the winner. If a conference does not select a defensive player of the year, the conference representative can nominate one player to be considered.
Faris, named to the 2013 Bridgeport All-Region Team, leads the Huskies in assists (4.0 apg) and steals (2.5 spg), while also averaging 10.0 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. She is fourth in the BIG EAST in field goal percentage with .533 and second in assist/turnover ratio with 2.1.

“These finalists are the ones who make their opponents change up offenses in hopes of being able to find ways to score,” said WBCA CEO Beth Bass. “The age-old adage, ‘defense wins games,’ continues to be a dominant factor in the game and each of these women have made it a key component in their play. I wish each of these ladies the best of luck at the WBCA Awards Show in New Orleans!”
The winner will be announced during the WBCA Awards Show, which will be held at 5 p.m. CT Monday, April 8, in New Orleans. This event is part of the WBCA National Convention and is held in conjunction with the NCAA Women's Final Four.

Reaction Score
I would have KML over Chiney any day of the week any day of the year. Bogus.

Chiney was one vote shy of being unanimous along with Griner and Diggins. She deserves her spot. I'm cool with KML being on the 1st team, but it isn't Chiney that should be bumped down.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
There's no doubt in my mind that Griner wins it, but to be one of three is pretty amazing.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There's no doubt in my mind that Griner wins it, but to be one of three is pretty amazing.
Agree, and richly deserved, BTW. It's really too bad her career overlapped BG's perfectly because Kelly is better defensively than some players who have won that award (no disrespect to them). Griner, however, has a unique impact on D to say the least.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

Also pretty amazing are the stats mentioned in the AP story:

Faris, named to the 2013 Bridgeport All-Region Team, leads the Huskies in assists (4.0 apg) and steals (2.5 spg), while also averaging 10.0 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. She is fourth in the BIG EAST in field goal percentage with .533 and second in assist/turnover ratio with 2.1.

I have known Kelly has been great for a long time, but I didn't know she had the great stats too. Hmmmm. Makes it even more odd that some media downplay her role in top program.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
KML earns 2nd team, Dolson earns 3rd team and Faris for honorable mentions

Who's voting for these ??? Theyre ridicolous
Bet you think the Boneyard should vote for them.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Also pretty amazing are the stats mentioned in the AP story:

I have known Kelly has been great for a long time, but I didn't know she had the great stats too. Hmmmm. Makes it even more odd that some media downplay her role in top program.
I don't get it. What's Kelly's role in ND's program?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to all the players! I disagree with some of the placement on individual teams (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc), but still, nice to see the accolades everyone earned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom