AO | The Boneyard

AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Read AO had a hyper extended knee during the fsu game on the uconn huskies blog...any truth to that? Could explain how he went from a double double game against ucf to barely any minutes even when olander was sucking...

Reaction Score
Not being familiar with this injury; it didn't look like it was wrapped or its not necessary?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so then why was he so full of it on twitter.

Reaction Score
Read AO had a hyper extended knee during the fsu game on the uconn huskies blog...any truth to that? Could explain how he went from a double double game against ucf to barely any minutes even when olander was sucking...

Even when "Olander was sucking.."?? I know he didn;t play well but he's been much better than AO thus far........prefer we try to keep away from our players "suckin"!!

Reaction Score
Even when "Olander was sucking.."?? I know he didn;t play well but he's been much better than AO thus far........prefer we try to keep away from our players "suckin"!!

my bad...didnt mean to say sucking but that he missed a good coulple wide open jumpers...would of thought oriakhi would have had a little more chance seeing olanders game was off...

Reaction Score
Regardless if AO has a recent nagging injury, he's not played well all season. I'm not sure why he hasn't come close to his last season form. Hopefully something will click and he'll turn it around. I agree that while Tyler was having a horrible game, I would have liked to see the Alex or even the Smith of last season to have taken some of Tyler's minutes, but both weren't much better.

It's a long season and at some point this team will hit its stride where most to all of the players perform at a very high level. Oriakhi is a very important part of success of this team.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Regardless if AO has a recent nagging injury, he's not played well all season. I'm not sure why he hasn't come close to his last season form. Hopefully something will click and he'll turn it around. I agree that while Tyler was having a horrible game, I would have liked to see the Alex or even the Smith of last season to have taken some of Tyler's minutes, but both weren't much better.

It's a long season and at some point this team will hit its stride where most to all of the players perform at a very high level. Oriakhi is a very important part of success of this team.

He had 14 pts, 10 rbs, 5 blocks and 0 turnovers vs UCF the game previous. I think you can call that playing well. I'm hoping he has it going and had a bad game with few minutes because of an injury. We get seriously dangerous when TO becomes our third best front court player because Alex is playing like Alex can. He was there and got chipped. He'll be fine.

Reaction Score
He had 14 pts, 10 rbs, 5 blocks and 0 turnovers vs UCF the game previous. I think you can call that playing well. I'm hoping he has it going and had a bad game with few minutes because of an injury. We get seriously dangerous when TO becomes our third best front court player because Alex is playing like Alex can. He was there and got chipped. He'll be fine.

exactly my point...alex went from a 30+ minute, 14/10/5 game to 10 minutes, 0/0/0 game. That could only be if he was injured or if calhoun had a problem with him (maybe found out about twitter). I dont see how a kid can go from that solid of a game to barely any time...doesnt make sense...especially when olander was having an off game...

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
exactly my point...alex went from a 30+ minute, 14/10/5 game to 10 minutes, 0/0/0 game. That could only be if he was injured or if calhoun had a problem with him (maybe found out about twitter). I dont see how a kid can go from that solid of a game to barely any time...doesnt make sense...especially when olander was having an off game...
Not to nit pick, but I guess I will, he did that in 26 minutes. But I agree with your premise and considering he had zeros across the board, I'm thinking injury more than dog house. Even in the dog house, in 10 minutes he gets 2 or 3 boards and maybe 4 points in 10 minutes if there isn't some kind of injury. I'm not exactly worried until I see similar after a week of rest.

Reaction Score
my bad...didnt mean to say sucking but that he missed a good coulple wide open jumpers...would of thought oriakhi would have had a little more chance seeing olanders game was off...
Olander was awful. I know we try not to be negative, but that was probably the worst performance Ive seen out of one of our players that played so many minutes (somehow). I still have no idea what JC was thinking leaving him in. We all know one little mistake and your out. Olander made every mistake in the book multiple times and he kept playing. It was bizarre.

Reaction Score
Olander was awful. I know we try not to be negative, but that was probably the worst performance Ive seen out of one of our players that played so many minutes (somehow). I still have no idea what JC was thinking leaving him in. We all know one little mistake and your out. Olander made every mistake in the book multiple times and he kept playing. It was bizarre.

Olander was not good I believe we mentioned that. But he played hard, come up with a big loose ball which noone else dove on and also a big rebound. He didn't make shots which he needs to and he needs to move his feet more on D but so do the people not playing....hence............

Reaction Score
I think this injury was mentioned during the radio broadcast too. However, I can't be sure if the pbp guy was actually talking about the FSU game or something that happened in the 1992 NCAA tournament as he seemed to be about 20 years behind on everything.

Reaction Score
Olander was not good I believe we mentioned that. But he played hard, come up with a big loose ball which noone else dove on and also a big rebound. He didn't make shots which he needs to and he needs to move his feet more on D but so do the people not playing....hence............

I was tough on Olander the other day, but he did hit 2 key free throws late in the game.

Reaction Score
Not to nit pick, but I guess I will, he did that in 26 minutes. But I agree with your premise and considering he had zeros across the board, I'm thinking injury more than dog house. Even in the dog house, in 10 minutes he gets 2 or 3 boards and maybe 4 points in 10 minutes if there isn't some kind of injury. I'm not exactly worried until I see similar after a week of rest.
Do you think that maybe Olander and Drummond could just be outplaying him in practice, and for the most part are looking better during PT? Add the twitter stuff to that and I can see why he's riding the pine.

Reaction Score
ESPN is really starting to look like a bunch of tool bags- they report today that AO is "upset at his new role". I think most of us here realize that AO is going to start at the 4 at some point this year. He started out great last year then faded then had to ride the pine before he kicked it in high gear again.

He'll get less minutes until JC sees him being a bully in the paint-once he does that - every day- every practice- he will most likely start. I am not sure how long JC will start TO but he seems to like having him on the floor for the first few minutes of the game until he does something slow or dumb and yanks him.

Reaction Score
I think this just may be what AO is. He's a player that is up and down. He'll never be able to carry a team bc he's too inconsistent. Remember Walker had to talk to him last year to calm him down bc he was having a prolonged horrible stretch, then he turned it on in March. I expect that he'll turn it on and off again multiple times this season. Just the type of player I think he is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom