Anyone willing to help a new fan?! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone willing to help a new fan?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL haha, ill look forward to it! Anyone go from this board to other sports boards or talk about other sports on here? I'm a BIG sports fan in general really.
Go up to "Forums" on the navigation bar for all the other UCONN Boneyard boards. The mens basketball board is considerably more rollicky than this tame board, and there is a lot of celebrating going on there now, after last night.

Reaction Score
Welcome Jude.

There is a Louisville women's board at a site called Cardinal Authority. I'm not trying to shoo you away - you are most welcome here - just want to give you another place to visit.
Thank you! :) I have been there when searching around but not a lot seemed to be going on. I'm still going to check it out more.

Reaction Score
I'll join in with the welcome sentiments. You will learn a lot here, not just about UConn but many other teams as well. We are generally a civil bunch. Sometimes a bit sarcastic, but rarely malicious.

Off season, there is still a lot of activity but not necessarily only about basketball. Wire Chief's tests are always a fun diversion.

Hope you stick around.

Thank you! I absolutely will and I love sarcasm and a good old bit of friendly banter!

Reaction Score
Go up to "Forums" on the navigation bar for all the other UCONN Boneyard boards. The mens basketball board is considerably more rollicky than this tame board, and there is a lot of celebrating going on there now, after last night.
haha! i will be checking it out.

Reaction Score
Welcome Jude. You'll find everything on here from newbies to experts, and those of us who know nothing but think we're experts!

Reaction Score
I'll join in with the welcome sentiments. You will learn a lot here, not just about UConn but many other teams as well. We are generally a civil bunch. Sometimes a bit sarcastic, but rarely malicious.

Off season, there is still a lot of activity but not necessarily only about basketball. Wire Chief's tests are always a fun diversion.

Hope you stick around.

I'll wait a few months before i even mention the world cup haha

Reaction Score
Welcome Jude. You'll find everything on here from newbies to experts, and those of us who know nothing but think we're experts!
lol :) thank you! :) I'm sure you're being modest. I'm the worst armchair coach!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thank you! :) I have been there when searching around but not a lot seemed to be going on. I'm still going to check it out more.
There is also a neutral site called Rebkell that gets a fair amount of traffic. It's a neutral board, I believe.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Most action will be in the game thread with the tip off.

Reaction Score
Hi I'm Jude and have very recently got into basketball and more particularly women's bb having moved to Louisville, KY. I'd love to meet some INTENSE fans of the game and get to chat about it. I realise I'm on a Uconn forum but I love the interest in the womens game here and really respect the team. I have adopted Louisville as my team but I am so looking forward to tonights game. I went to the Louisville/Maryland game and it was an awesome atmosphere. Ok, I have no idea if I will receive any replies. If I do and I reply with "wrong" basketball lingo then forgive me, I'm British!

Welcome to the board. It's a great board, we talk about everything and nothing at all with each importance on both. Also very sarcastic and witty .......if you don't have a thick skin, develop one, lol...otherwise WELCOME.!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Hey Jude have we turned you into a Husky fan yet??
Lol! I'm telling you what I can't help but be moved by the passion and sheer awesomeness of the team (and the fans). Although louisville is my team I really do admire These huskies. A lot to teach other teams that's for sure! Hey! Please tell me people don't just disappear after tonight? I'm really enjoying myself. Admittedly bb season is over but sports still exist!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lol! I'm telling you what I can't help but be moved by the passion and sheer awesomeness of the team (and the fans). Although louisville is my team I really do admire These huskies. A lot to teach other teams that's for sure! Hey! Please tell me people don't just disappear after tonight? I'm really enjoying myself. Admittedly bb season is over but sports still exist!
There are a bunch of us that live here 12 months a year! Not to worry - it gets slower out of season, but we have the WNBA draft coming up, then the WNBA season and all our former players, then recruiting news, then preseason hype, then the world championships, and then the new season begins. We like to call that a full time job monitoring all that stuff!
Little history on Jeff - the first season he coached Louisville (his first head coaching job) Uconn played a game in Louisville and then had a lay over there before heading up to play DePaul. Uconn had arranged to get a practice in during the lay-over and Jeff asked Geno if he and the team could watch the practice and they did. He recognized that Uconn and Geno had the type of program that he wanted to implement at Louisville. I think he has done a great job in doing just that and the respect the two coaches have for each other is part of why we like your program (plus the fact we haven't lost to you in 20 years!:rolleyes:)
Spent 18 months living in London next to Ken's palace on the other side of Tower Bridge. Love the city and England in general. My best friend is Tottenham all the way, me I like Manchester. Loved watching Bale play though and unfortunately he has gone the route of Beckham before him. Damn those Spaniards!

Reaction Score
There are a bunch of us that live here 12 months a year! Not to worry - it gets slower out of season, but we have the WNBA draft coming up, then the WNBA season and all our former players, then recruiting news, then preseason hype, then the world championships, and then the new season begins. We like to call that a full time job monitoring all that stuff!
Little history on Jeff - the first season he coached Louisville (his first head coaching job) Uconn played a game in Louisville and then had a lay over there before heading up to play DePaul. Uconn had arranged to get a practice in during the lay-over and Jeff asked Geno if he and the team could watch the practice and they did. He recognized that Uconn and Geno had the type of program that he wanted to implement at Louisville. I think he has done a great job in doing just that and the respect the two coaches have for each other is part of why we like your program (plus the fact we haven't lost to you in 20 years!:rolleyes:)
Spent 18 months living in London next to Ken's palace on the other side of Tower Bridge. Love the city and England in general. My best friend is Tottenham all the way, me I like Manchester. Loved watching Bale play though and unfortunately he has gone the route of Beckham before him. Damn those Spaniards!
Hey!:) I will definately be sticking around, seems like there is a bit of everything on here! Thank you for the info on louisville's coach, I am not surprised he wanted the girls to see uconns practice! That is awesome you loved in London! Your friend has good taste! Haha. I don't actually mind Manchester utd ( I take it you don't mean city?) it's Liverpool that I just can't stand!! Which wnba team do you support? I've never watched a single game but would love to get into it.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I'll wait a few months before i even mention the world cup haha

Oddly enough, there is a lot of non basketball sports interest that finds its way to this board. A look into the World cup would be a new and likely welcome branch.

Welcome to the Boneyard. have fun!! There is quite a bit of British-esque humor around here from time to time...

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, there is a lot of non basketball sports interest that finds its way to this board. A look into the World cup would be a new and likely welcome branch.

Welcome to the Boneyard. have fun!! There is quite a bit of British-esque humor around here from time to time...
hey! thanks very much! This Boneyard sure is a friendly place. I would definately love to bring up the world cup here when it's time. I just really love exciting sports and of course, talking about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom