anyone watching Wake today? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

anyone watching Wake today?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
For the purpose of full disclosure I felt, considering how strict the State of Connecticut was in enforcing rules on leaving, then returning to the state at the time the decision was made that the best of a few horrible options was to cancel the season.

But again, I love the commitment that you have for Fagnano. Your dedication to this is quite impressive.
yeah..some people forget where we were at that time. UConn was an awful team and an independent in a state with many covid restrictions. Piecing together a schedule was hard for every team..let alone an independent in a highly restricted state. UConn would have had 5-6 games at the most.

It was a lost season no matter how you slice it. The NCAA agrees…and that’s why another year of eligiibility was granted.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Also. It shreds 3-3-5s.
so…you don’t think UConn can modify their defensive approach to combat their offense? The 3-3-5 easily flexes into a 4-3.

As I said..Mora and Brock have had two weeks to figure out a defensive strategy. I think they will figure it out. But…i worry more that their experienced QB.

Reaction Score
The defense is something we can’t really change. We have a strong D and they have two weeks of prep time. Hopefully, they are ready and play a solid game.

Offense is the area more worth discussing. I like having Evers back because he confuses the defense and seems to put pressure on it with almost every play. Having him back will be helpful to our run game, which wasn’t so great angainst Temple. It may also set the table for Joe to close the game out if we need some scoring. Joe has been very effective coming in after Nick. Not sure if the coaches would use him if Nick is healthy, but it’s worth considering.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
yeah..some people forget where we were at that time. UConn was an awful team and an independent in a state with many covid restrictions. Piecing together a schedule was hard for every team..let alone an independent in a highly restricted state. UConn would have had 5-6 games at the most.

It was a lost season no matter how you slice it. The NCAA agrees…and that’s why another year of eligiibility was granted.

The fact that the players pushed for it tells you what you need to know about their desire to play ball.

The B1G practically rioted when they tried to cancel the season.

It also showed the school’s lack of commitment at the time.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You are advocating a faith approach. Sorry, no.
What else do we have as fans? Posting our crazy takes here? Takes that the coaching staff would be insane to read. Belief in our team is really all we have.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
thx for your thoughts.
they are an unimpressive, average P4 team.

Why do people do this instead of just saying “my bad” and moving on. O.K., I’ll play. If I include Washington St, Oregon St and Notre Dame, there are 70 P-4 teams. Wake Forest woke up this morning at 91 in the Sagarins. Of those other 69 P-4 teams, 68 are ranked above Wake and one — ONE — Stanford — is ranked worse than them.

So I will ask again, please provide ANY definition of average that makes a team ranked 69 out of 70 average for that group.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why do people do this instead of just saying “my bad” and moving on. O.K., I’ll play. If I include Washington St, Oregon St and Notre Dame, there are 70 P-4 teams. Wake Forest woke up this morning at 91 in the Sagarins. Of those other 69 P-4 teams, 68 are ranked above Wake and one — ONE — Stamford — is ranked worse than them.

So I will ask again, please provide ANY definition of average that makes a team ranked 69 out of 70 average for that group.

Rant was going great until Stamford. Took some of the sting out of it. And I say this as the king of fat fingers.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
from what I see, we are probably going to lose to Wake by 14 or 21 points.
a UConn win is certainly not impossible as in recent years, but "probably" not gonna happen.

I hope my take is trash and ages like milk.
We can tell you are a Jets fans with your take on UConn football

Reaction Score
What else do we have as fans? Posting our crazy takes here? Takes that the coaching staff would be insane to read. Belief in our team is really all we have.
If you feel that you need something, by all means whatever floats your boat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom