Anyone watching URI? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone watching URI?

Reaction Score
Wow that was electric. Fatts Russell is going to be a star.

Completely physically dominated, but URI is still finding a way to win.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
All I know is the camera angle in the Zags-UNCG game is horrendous.

Reaction Score
This fats Russell Kids is fun to watch. Steal and drained 3 to go up 5. RI is well Coached. More than that, they play with passion and energy and trae not playing well which helps.

Reaction Score
I caught the end of the conference championship and saw them getting good looks and missing layups, here again.

I'm thinking Hurley will enjoy having Jalen Adams at his disposal for those...

Reaction Score
They suck but they're in the Tourney and they're winning. Despite all the missed bunnies inside I'll take that.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is not a good rebounding team on the year but killing it today. Pretty bizarre. Guess maximum effort come tourny time, or maybe they're sending more guys to glass than usual because RI is smaller.

Reaction Score
This fats Russell Kids is fun to watch. Steal and drained 3 to go up 5. RI is well Coached. More than that, they play with passion and energy and trae not playing well which helps.
It's the defense. Hurley's mixed up defenders and really confused him. Other players for OU are playing fine, but Trae Young has largely been held in check.

Reaction Score
They suck but they're in the Tourney and they're winning. Despite all the missed bunnies inside I'll take that.

Oklahoma is not a good rebounding team on the year but killing it today. Pretty bizarre. Guess maximum effort come tourny time, or maybe they're sending more guys to glass than usual because RI is smaller.

I'll take this "sucking." I think they far from suck

It's mostly that URI is pretty small, right?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This is a horrible analysis of the situation. URI is tiny compared to OU, of course, they are going to destroy them on the boards.

Reaction Score
It's the defense. Hurley's mixed up defenders and really confused him. Other players for OU are playing fine, but Trae Young has largely been held in check.

Trae is also pretty clearly a head case too. His scoring drought has pretty much coincided with him getting his 2nd foul and he hasn't ever looked aggressive with the ball in his hands since.

I'll be impressed with Hurley if URI wins this. OU clearly has more talent.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
All that matters is that URI, with a vast discrepancy in $, facilities, and recruiting power, are beating an OU team led by one of the nation's best players. Doesn't matter how they do it. The fact that they ARE doing it despite not having the resources to compete on paper tells you a lot about Hurley.

Reaction Score
Then you don't understand what you're watching.

Maybe, this is the first full game I’ve watched them.

But I am watching an offense today that isn’t any more sophisticated than UConns. That I do know.

The difference is they appear to have players who can make threes.

polycom

Reaction Score
All that matters is that URI, with a vast discrepancy in $, facilities, and recruiting power, are beating an OU team led by one of the nation's best players. Doesn't matter how they do it. The fact that they ARE doing it despite not having the resources to compete on paper tells you a lot about Hurley.

But hero ball.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The ref that called that foul couldn't even see the play. Awful.

Reaction Score
Every big trip URI generates either an open 3 or a shot in the paint. They're having trouble finishing, but looking at where they're shooting from and when in the clock tells me this offense is pretty good.

No "dribble it down, then take a long, step-back 2 with 1 second left" to be seen.

EDIT: Just now, two straight big trips to try to stop an OU run, URI get a dunk and a lay-up. Now they get to the paint and draw a foul at the rim.

This team knows how they want to play. They're well-coached.

polycom

Reaction Score
Maybe, this is the first full game I’ve watched them.

But I am watching an offense today that isn’t any more sophisticated than UConns. That I do know.

The difference is they appear to have players who can make threes.

This is so false. This URI offense has more passing and cutting than UConn. Don't watch the ball watch the guys off ball then go watch any UConn game. There is no way these offenses are similar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom