Anyone watching URI? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Anyone watching URI?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They badly choked away the game to Oregon in the R32 last year. Let's see if the fare better versus Duke.

Yeah, that'll be a great contest. Not only is Duke light years ahead, but the personnel matches up really poorly for URI.

Reaction Score
Greatest coach ever. I was wrong.
But seriously if bob sr and jc can move on from past drama that would be a historical brain trust with Blaney and geno down the hall. Keep chill and Danny and we can lock up the nyc New England pipeline and regain dominance rather quickly.

Reaction Score
This is a horrible analysis of the situation. URI is tiny compared to OU, of course, they are going to destroy them on the boards.

Lol? The part you bolded wasn't even analysis. It was a fact.

If you noticed, Rhode Island held their own on the boards in 2nd half despite Oklahoma's size advantage and took control of the game.

Smaller teams can be better rebounding teams than tall ones. You know that, right? Oklahoma was in the 200s in oreb% and dreb% on the season. RI was in the top 100 in one of them.

Reaction Score
That his team didn’t play well down the stretch of the season or late in recent games is a bit of a red flag. I’ve been watching them longer than the last 2 and a half
hours.

Great that they finally closed this one out.

I like the guy and if that who we get - that’s pretty good news. Just a bit of a disappointing pool of candidates.
You make very fair points but I am rooting hard for this uri team. It is just a real likeable group of players.

Reaction Score
That his team didn’t play well down the stretch of the season or late in recent games is a bit of a red flag. I’ve been watching them longer than the last 2 and a half
hours.

Great that they finally closed this one out.

I like the guy and if that who we get - that’s pretty good news. Just a bit of a disappointing pool of candidates.
WAAAAAAAAAA baby needs a new diaper

Reaction Score
Hurley amped at the end of the game. He knows every win in the tourney ups his asking price.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Hurley amped at the end of the game. He knows every win in the tourney ups his asking price.

Or he's really excited about how several years of incredibly hard work is paying off for his senior players? Jesus if everyone was as mercenary as some of you guys think they are, the world is a very dark place...

Reaction Score
Or he's really excited about how several years of incredibly hard work is paying off for his senior players? Jesus if everyone was as mercenary as some of you guys think they are, the world is a very dark place...

Agreed, he was genuinely pumped for his players and the URI fans.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, 1, 2, maybe 5% max of Boneyard posters (1st & 3rd person alike) and purported media gurus have quality inside contacts and direct insights to legitimately ascertain whether UConn has a good or "disappointing pool of candidates". Wee bit early to judge at this point ...

Reaction Score
But here’s the thing. Duke is not a good defensive team, while on the other hand URI is very tenacious on D. It’ll be talent vs toughness.

Duke is more talented than everyone in the country, arguably by a wide margin. And they managed to lose to teams worse than URI. They should be a double digits dogs but URI is no Mercer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I just do not understand how Oklahoma made the tournament
They are not and have not been a good team once you figure Trey out
They have size but their bigs are slightly better than UConn's - that team would not win the A-10
It's unfortunate that URI had to face them and now Duke - I would love to have seen them vs a better team than OU
Davidson and St Bonnies are much better teams than OU as are 1/2 the AAC
BUT URI won so good for them
Duke is terrible defensively but they have more weapons than URI has seen all year but Duke has been rattled by certain defensive pressure.
we'll see - congrats to D Hurley and team

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s college basketball. The smaller sample size is what matters - I don’t make the rules but nobody gives a crap how you play in December and January.

You do recognize the irony of posting that no one cares about the early season on the day URI played a team that was in the tournament only because of how they played early? Apparently someone cared.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, 1, 2, maybe 5% max of Boneyard posters (1st & 3rd person alike) and purported media gurus have quality inside contacts and direct insights to legitimately ascertain whether UConn has a good or "disappointing pool of candidates". Wee bit early to judge at this point ...

Obviously I speaking from the public conversation and what seems realistic.

Sure maybe John Beilein is secretly looking to get out and is dying to live in Glastonbury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom