Anyone really like what they are seeing? | The Boneyard

Anyone really like what they are seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You like that offense? How bout that rebounding? I'm not calling for anyone's head but these kids look lost. And they have looked that way since MSU. I am sitting here watching Olander and Wolf take all our shots and our kids getting beat for every free ball. It's not UCONN basketball that's for sure.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
This is the second low major team we've struggled with in a week, you're not going to get anyone to argue with you unless we go up 10, from what I've seen I don't know if that will happen today.

Clank Boatright

Reaction Score
I can understand our rebounding being poor, but I am concerned about our offensive sets.

Reaction Score
Very unimpressive. The offense reminds me of the past several years. One on one with 4 guys standing around. Rebounding is horrible. Daniels is indeed an enigma. I didn't expect a lot out of this team for numerous reasons so I am not altogether surprised by its lethargic play. As the players get used to each other in game situations there should be some improvement, but the reality is that this team's ceiling is just not that high. When you have to rely on a complimentary player like Olander to be a scorer that says a lot.

Reaction Score
Very unimpressive. The offense reminds me of the past several years. One on one with 4 guys standing around. Rebounding is horrible. Daniels is indeed an enigma. I didn't expect a lot out of this team for numerous reasons so I am not altogether surprised by its lethargic play. As the players get used to each other in game situations there should be some improvement, but the reality is that this team's ceiling is just not that high. When you have to rely on a complimentary player like Olander to be a scorer that says a lot.

That should be "complementary."

Reaction Score
Not once have they run the high post set. Everything is windshield wipers with baseline drives.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
We aren't getting anywhere in an offense where Wolf takes as many shots as Napier.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I have made only one criticism of Ollie so far and I'll make it again now: call a ducking timeout, man!

JC would have burned his TO's within the first 5 minutes. And there were numerous opportunities for Kevin to (a) make a point to a player or players and/or (b) change something that's not working and/or (c) stop SB's momentum.

We have played some absolutely awful halves of basketball where he doesn't call a TO until the last possession of the half. It makes no sense to me. And I don't know why Miller, Hobbs & Blaney don't ever suggest it.

Reaction Score
You like that offense? How bout that rebounding? I'm not calling for anyone's head but these kids look lost. And they have looked that way since MSU. I am sitting here watching Olander and Wolf take all our shots and our kids getting beat for every free ball. It's not UCONN basketball that's for sure.

They look flat but will win it going away in the 2nd half.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There aren't a lot of levers to pull with this team. Boat and Daniels have to play smarter. Everyone else is what they are. No amount of coaching is going to move that needle. There are going to be more games like this in the next month. That is what happens when the roster clears out.

And thanks to Manuel, it will be the same next year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is it possible this is why Manuel decided to wait till at least midseason before offering a contract? I get that the team lacks experience, height, and talent in the front court, but a lot of you are being awfully hard on how Ollie has prepared the team and how he's managing the game, and I tend to agree. I'm not trying to take Manuel's side (I still think Ollile shoulda gotten more than 1 year), but maybe it will end up being a good thing to do a nationwide search at the end of the season...

I mean, we were all extremely pumped at our win over MSU. Great and gutty performance. But since then, the enthusiasm seems to have waned... and some say as has the coaching and preparation of the team for these games...

I really thought that a .500 record this season was reasonable to expect. And I still think that. Anything better has to be considered a successful season. As someone pointed out, the buttons to push on this team are very limited.

And as a side note, Villanova lost to LaSalle today, and that's a 'nova team who has had the same head coach for the last 12 years, and whose coach has led the team in the past to 8 NCAA bids and 4 sweet 16's...

Don't forget - Stony Brook won the America East last year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There aren't a lot of levers to pull with this team. Boat and Daniels have to play smarter. Everyone else is what they are. No amount of coaching is going to move that needle. There are going to be more games like this in the next month. That is what happens when the roster clears out.

And thanks to Manuel, it will be the same next year.

Please. Manuel is saving the opportunity to save the program next year if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Concerned about Bazz. Seems to not be in the game, again. Starting to wonder was part of the issue last year. All those players are gone but the games flow the same way. Fall behind Bazz not into it then at the end he makes a push.

Yes we need to gibe him respect for staying, being loyal. But it's not just me seeing this , he's our best player and has to be pulled 1 minute into the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Did you see Boat not even run back. Wow Kevin must take control. Win or lose take out those who aren't hustling.

Reaction Score
What is the deal with Boat and Bazz. They seem totally uninterested in what is going on our there. Not very impressed. This won't fly during Big East season.

Reaction Score
What is with Bazz and Boat? When Bazz was at the line it looked like they were jawing at each other. Napier continued to jaw when he got the ball before his second attempt and then proceeded to miss the shot. I'm as big a Bazz fan as there is but I'm starting to wonder if he was the problem last year, to this point I thought it was everyone but him. Now I'm not so sure.

Also, Kevin these guys are not playing together, it's your job as head coach to get them to play together. Not sure if anyone has told you that. Geez could you please implement some type of offense, it looks like last years team all over again. This is frustrating to watch, the MSU game was great but that is not what this team is. That is going to look like a very bad loss on State's tournament resume

Reaction Score
What is with Bazz and Boat? When Bazz was at the line it looked like they were jawing at each other. Napier continued to jaw when he got the ball before his second attempt and then proceeded to miss the shot. I'm as big a Bazz fan as there is but I'm starting to wonder if he was the problem last year, to this point I thought it was everyone but him. Now I'm not so sure.

Also, Kevin these guys are not playing together, it's your job as head coach to get them to play together. Not sure if anyone has told you that. Geez could you please implement some type of offense, it looks like last years team all over again. This is frustrating to watch, the MSU game was great but that is not what this team is. That is to look like a very bad loss on State's tournament resume

Remember what your parents told you. The first time it was and x who got in trouble, and you blamed x. The next time it was you and y who got in trouble and you blamed y. Son do you see a common theme here?

Reaction Score
It would really help if they got their heads out of their a$$es.

Reaction Score
I really wish they would wake up earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01