Anyone have an update on Floyd? | The Boneyard

Anyone have an update on Floyd?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Have to assume it’s a redshirt but after the Ollie years I am a bit paranoid. Hopefully for no reason.

Reaction Score
Have to assume it’s a redshirt but after the Ollie years I am a bit paranoid. Hopefully for no reason.
Same haha. I’m starting to get antsy that it’s something bad

Reaction Score
Is redshirting a coach's decision or is it determined in conjunction with the player (and parents)?

I ask because I remember reading redshirting was not in his plans. Unless of course Hurley and team are that persuasive. He came to UConn early to play, not to sit out a year.

Reaction Score
Is redshirting a coach's decision or is it determined in conjunction with the player (and parents)?

I ask because I remember reading redshirting was not in his plans. Unless of course Hurley and team are that persuasive. He came to UConn early to play, not to sit out a year.
This was Hurley on July 28th:

“Hurley said Wednesday that if any player did enroll before the season began, they’d have to redshirt.”

“I wouldn’t discount that at this point,” Hurley said. “But obviously it would be a tough thing to do with somebody that hasn’t graduated from high school yet. We do have tremendous flexibility with bringing back so many players, and bringing in one or two guys — people that would be willing to sit out — is the critical thing. With the team we have returning, I have no more minutes for anybody. It’s going to be a war for roles and minutes with this team. I don’t need anymore guys in here that are looking at me to put them in a game.”

Idk if Floyd is redshirting or not. But I’m hard pressed to believe this wasn’t at least discussed prior to his enrollment…

Reaction Score
When you control the ---- you control information. Newman speak. Boneyard scoop , can't help ourselves.

Reaction Score
Yea, I just got word. It's so big that I put it behind a pay wall. PM me, credit card info expiration date and security number on back along with your zip code, and in a few days you will have the info you seek.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Didn't Hurley last night after the game say we would hear some news about this today?

And last night Hurley went away from mic to talk with Chardis (?) before saying update today.

That's a bit amateurish to have to change everything overnight with no explanation why they changed their minds about putting out in for today. Just extended a story.

Reaction Score
And last night Hurley went away from mic to talk with Chardis (?) before saying update today.

That's a bit amateurish to have to change everything overnight with no explanation why they changed their minds about putting out in for today. Just extended a story.
Hey, Chardis had to work on the press release for the Clingan and Karaban signing. Tough to do both today. :rolleyes:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hey, Chardis had to work on the press release for the Clingan and Karaban signing. Tough to do both today. :rolleyes:

That should have been done months ago.

Personally I don't care.

But if you make an announcement saying you will give an update and then you change your mind, you say something as situation changed, things are fluid, etc.
Especially when Huey heard the question, paused, took 5-10 seconds off mic and then gave a definite answer on today. Looks bad.

But, as I said, I'm not worried what is the status of the 11th player and 5th or 6th guard's status. We saw how they handled 8nfo with best player on the team last season. Just don't ever invite Huey to be part of your golf foursome or fishing group on a boat.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Perhaps Phil was it would be Wednesday by a trainer or an administrator and then today somebody changed the announcement. Phil doesn't make decisions concerning players, only relates what he is told. And issues with kids not dressing without public information wasn't isolated to when KO was coaching JohnnyRI - there is a few unanswered issues involving Bouk last year as well as issues when JC was coaching as well as with all the athletic teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom