Anyone have an update on Floyd? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anyone have an update on Floyd?

Reaction Score
Is our 2022 class over?
At least 2 spots open still, though presumably those spots aren't being filled until the spring when Martin and Cole make their decisions

Reaction Score
I think we may be too short in the backcourt to redshirt him. One more injury and we’re in big trouble.
eh. we have 4 guys that can give us minutes at PG b/w cole, gaff, digg, aj.
we have 5 guys that can give us mins at SG b/w cole, gaff, aj, hawk and martin if necessary

floyd being the 5th string PG / 6th string SG wouldnt make a meaningful difference if we get hit w/ injuries

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is our 2022 class over?

Most likely. Reclass, transfers, and Cole/Martin pursuing another year seems like the most likely candidates to fill out those 2 spots.

Reaction Score
Not exactly surprising. He gets to train under the staff and compete everyday in practice. This will all help for next season.

In a statement, UConn said the decision was made by Floyd, his family, and the UConn coaching staff. He will continue to practice and travel with the team throughout the season, but will not participate in games and will have four years of eligibility beginning with the 2022-23 season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not exactly surprising. He gets to train under the staff and compete everyday in practice. This will all help for next season.

In a statement, UConn said the decision was made by Floyd, his family, and the UConn coaching staff. He will continue to practice and travel with the team throughout the season, but will not participate in games and will have four years of eligibility beginning with the 2022-23 season.

Maybe you should start a new thread with the headline that says Floyd to redshirt.

Reaction Score
eh. we have 4 guys that can give us minutes at PG b/w cole, gaff, digg, aj.
we have 5 guys that can give us mins at SG b/w cole, gaff, aj, hawk and martin if necessary

floyd being the 5th string PG / 6th string SG wouldnt make a meaningful difference if we get hit w/ injuries

And if we do get hit by injuries, you just change your mind and play him. No paperwork gets filed.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should start a new thread with the headline that says Floyd to redshirt.
Why?

Can I start a thread that talks about someone named "Flood" redshirting?

Reaction Score
I hope Floyd does not redshirt. He is physically ready and we are not all that deep at guard, especially with concerns about Hawkins ankle. I'm eager to see Corey play.
@Rico44 . I was indeed calling for Floyd to play, very early.

Reaction Score
A guy felt compelled to respond to his own post for an "I told you so". You call that unnecessary?
He asked if I was calling for it in December or January and I simply displayed that yes I was as early as November.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom