Anyone else concerned about our Bowl Tie Ins? | The Boneyard

Anyone else concerned about our Bowl Tie Ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
At the current rate we are going in we will not have any tie ins to bowls outside of the left overs against the MAC's and CUSA's of the world. Big 5 are circling their wagons so it is having the best record for a tie in to a BCS bowl or we are out of luck. Even worse is having the Pinstripe Bowl gone for us. Everything else is not even close and without a tie in at Florida we are going to have to huff it to some undesirable bowl destinations. For me I could care less where it is, but we know how hard it is to light a fire under the rest of the state of CT. Aresco better get moving or he needs to be jettisoned. He isolated us, disrespects our worth and now is doing nothing to help us out.

Reaction Score
Yes, we are worried.

Because like everything else conference related for the past 10 years, it is a horrific show.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
If we go 9-3 or better, we'll go to a solid bowl. If we don't, you can probably save your money for another year.

I guess i've just kind of accepted our fate at this point. I'll stress over going 12-0, 11-1...at least we have a CHANCE at doing that - we have no chance in realignment.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Our prior tie ins were bad, and it's gotten way worse. But hey we are excited to be in the AAC with some great "peers" so there's that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I read the the OP and I get a visual of Jim Mora going, "Bowl Game, are kidding me? Bowl Game? I just hope we can win a game!"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I read the the OP and I get a visual of Jim Mora going, "Bowl Game, are kidding me? Bowl Game? I just hope we can win a game!"

I can't believe you want another NFL retread as Uconn's head coach.

Reaction Score
At the current rate we are going in we will not have any tie ins to bowls outside of the left overs against the MAC's and CUSA's of the world.

Ummmmm.........that's pretty much where we are right now. The MWC is significantly better than the AAC right now once Ville and RU leave and are replaced by Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU.

Reaction Score
When it comes to bowl tie ins we are in what you could call limbo land. Sorry couldn't resist.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not especially, worried. Unless UConn wins the conference, it the same position in going to a generic, pre-NYD bowl, as 80 percent of the other bowl eligible teams. I've never kidded myself into thinking that The Pinstripe Bowl was prestigious. The game garners as much interest based on venue as the teams playing (probably moreso). People going into the City of 11 million that weekend are going regardless of an exhibition football game.

So unless we secure passage to Pasadena, New Orleans, Glendale, Miami or Dallas (in that order), it really just doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
The MWC is significantly better than the AAC right now once Ville and RU leave and are replaced by Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU.

Tulsa and ECU would have finished in the upper half of the Mountain West last year. I think it remains to be seen which conference will be better. Their games will be on CBS sports and the AAC's will be on ESPN channels, I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Nothing to worry about. This is all part of the BUILD DOWN. And we are way ahead of GLIDEPATH.

Reaction Score
As dumb as your MWC comment. That was the point.

Fresno finished tied for first place in the MWC last year and Tulsa beat them, its not hard to research this stuff.

Airforce and Nevada finished in the top half of the MWC last year and ECU had a better final RPI then both of them, it wasn't even close.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the entire bowl system will be dead within 10 years. It is already in free fall.

Reaction Score
Fresno finished tied for first place in the MWC last year and Tulsa beat them, its not hard to research this stuff.

Ah, the ole transitive property.

Well we beat Louisville, who beat Florida, who beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama so............

Reaction Score

Well we beat Louisville, who beat Florida, who beat Texas A&M, who beat Alabama so............

Then go by RPI or don't, it doesn't matter, you just want to bitch about the football program and the conference so bitch away. You don't need data to bitch.

Reaction Score

imagesCAEHGB6D.jpg

Reaction Score
I think the entire bowl system will be dead within 10 years. It is already in free fall.

Totally agree. I hope the playoff eventually gets to 16, all conferences get an auto-bid a la the NCAA tourney with the first couple rounds on campus.

The ND/Bama game was close for like 5 min. There must be a way to get the 2 best teams in the championship and still make millions of dollars...

Reaction Score
Totconference a, I hope the playoff eventually gets to 16, all conferences get an auto-bid a la the NCAA tourney with the first couple rounds on campus.

The ND/Bama game was close for like 5 min. There must be a way to get the 2 best teams in the championship and still make millions of dollars...

There will always be great bowl games for the top 5 conferencea, the rose bowl will never go away

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We'll find places in lower tier bowls in the South because that's where the majority of the AAC schools reside and it's where many of the Bowl Games are due to the warmer climate. The part that blows about losing the Pinstripe was the location and ease to get there. It's really disappointing that we didn't even get a shot at going. I felt like last year was our chance because RU and 'Cuse had already gone and we were next up. I know we woulda packed the place. Too bad we lost it. I'm thinking that the closest bowl game we'll be looking at in terms of distance to UConn will be the Motor City Bowl or maybe the bowl played at RFK (Is Detroit closer than DC?)

Honestly, I think a lot of these stupid bowl games will go away after the playoffs prove they're a hit and more and more people stop showing interest in "exhibition" bowl games. They'll add more teams and realize there's even more greedy money to be made by making a playoff system with the bowls.

Reaction Score
Would like to see the bowl games cut way back. Playoffs hopefully will be expanded to 8 teams . To qualify for the others bowl games a school needs 8 wins. This would probably cut the bowl games in half.. Who cares to see a 6-6 team or 7-5 team make a bowl game.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think a lot of these stupid bowl games will go away after the playoffs prove they're a hit and more and more people stop showing interest in "exhibition" bowl games. They'll add more teams and realize there's even more greedy money to be made by making a playoff system with the bowls.
I wonder if/when the conferences start to cut out the middle men with these bowl games. There are people running these bowls that take a cut that and I imagine eventually the conferences will reel that in as it seems they are trying harder to cut into the profits others are making off them.

Does anyone know if this is the case with the recent negotiated bowl between sec and B-12 (last year maybe)?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Would like to see the bowl games cut way back. Playoffs hopefully will be expanded to 8 teams . To qualify for the others bowl games a school needs 8 wins. This would probably cut the bowl games in half.. Who cares to see a 6-6 team or 7-5 team make a bowl game.
The 6-6/7-5 team, their school, and their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom