Anybody Up For A Music Thread? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anybody Up For A Music Thread?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
My high school music teacher once told me the only bad music is boring music. I'm sure she was paraphrasing someone when she said it but, but it has always rung true. You guys really have diverse and interesting choices in music , a real ear and mind opening experience listening to your selections. Thank you.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
My favorite. I'm partial. I play in a swing band here in Florida. We do this one - the original version. I play lead trumpet.

I like the typical rock and roll set of 3 guitars and a drum, I really do, a lot of great music has come out of that (genre?).

But, people ( I won't say kids because it's all of us) today are missing so much in popular music because of the dominance of that set -up. The different voices of the brass, woodwinds and strings add so much to the melody and harmonies. Outside of the classic orchestras, we just don't get that anymore. :(

Hat's off to you huskynut for keeping music alive. :)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I like the typical rock and roll set of 3 guitars and a drum, I really do, a lot of great music has come out of that (genre?).

But, people ( I won't say kids because it's all of us) today are missing so much in popular music because of the dominance of that set -up. The different voices of the brass, woodwinds and strings add so much to the melody and harmonies. Outside of the classic orchestras, we just don't get that anymore. :(

Hat's off to you huskynut for keeping music alive. :)

Thanks dogged 1. We have quite a few of the original big band arrangements in our book. We also have a lot of pop charts. Over 200 arrangements total. I also play in the typical r 'n r set as a rhythm guitar player with the occasional backup vocal. I taught band for 33 years. Always had fun with my middle school jazz bands. For most, it was their first exposure to big band/ jazz music. Kids were really surprised at the vibrancy of the "old" music.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was trying to come up with something in honor of the St Francis Red Flash, but couldn't get red flash in one song. Here's Rapture by Blondie, in which Flash is prominent toward the beginning of the rapping:

Reaction Score
Brian Auger's Oblivion Express doing Wes Montgomery's "Bumpin' on Sunset" - so mellow and cool:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hadn't heard this song for awhile before yesterday on the radio, I had forgot how much I like it. Combined with Dream Weaver makes Gary Wright a strong contender for Best Two-Hit Wonder.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The one and only. One of the great American balladeers, and according to country music artists, one of the most influential.
Commit on a Saturday and she'll make the next day,

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is what UCLA will be saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members