Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Told you.

Off_the_Rails.jpg

I'm on board now.

Reaction Score
I'm always up for a music thread, especially with a road or train theme :D:D:D

Reaction Score
I enjoy music of all nearly all genres, eras, and artists. But Linda is in my opinion, the most accomplished and versatile songstress of all time. There have been many great ones, and I love them all. But her versatility clinches it for me. She no longer sings due to illness, but I know I'm going to miss her, for a Long,Long Time.
One of my favorite albums of hers was 'What's New', where she takes on the standards with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra. She's not Sarah Vaughan or Ella, but who is.
Here's some live footage of her with the NRO from '84...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
One of my favorite albums of hers was 'What's New', where she takes on the standards with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra. She's not Sarah Vaughan or Ella, but who is.
Here's some live footage of her with the NRO from '84...

That was a sea change for her,and she handled it so well. She also did the Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan. Rock,country,old standards, Mexican songs on Canciones de mi Papa, duets with so many artists! Sarah and Ella were fantastic, and may have had more pure vocals, but Ms Linda was so just so versatile. IMHO

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm absolutely to blame.

Most of us, at least many of us, perhaps just a few of us, agree wholeheartedly. Or at least half heartedly! You are a bad man, a very bad man. so there. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Most of us, at least many of us, perhaps just a few of us, agree wholeheartedly. Or at least half heartedly! You are a bad man, a very bad man. so there. ;)

But, you sir are a "true vulgarian" :p And I've always wanted to be a bad man out west.

Check out the two articles from today about Christyn I just posted into her congratulations thread. Gabby has some good advice for her.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
This should be Ezier than people are making it.

True the lowest number of women Geno wants to see in a rotation is 7.

Maybe Ezi will arrive in a flat bed Ford! True story, many years ago we were traveling around the western United States. Left Bakersfield, California and went by the Grand Canyon and headed back home on I40. Stopped for gas in Winslow, and while stretching our legs in the filling station, 'Take It Easy ' began to play on the radio in my Ford four wheel drive F150. No girl though, so there's that. But it was a bit of kismet, Arizona style.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe Ezi will arrive in a flat bed Ford! True story, many years ago we were traveling around the western United States. Left Bakersfield, California and went by the Grand Canyon and headed back home on I40. Stopped for gas in Winslow, and while stretching our legs in the filling station, 'Take It Easy ' began to play on the radio in my Ford four wheel drive F150. No girl though, so there's that. But it was a bit of kismet, Arizona style.

One of those keeper moments for sure.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I actually bought this album just because I liked the cover. It took a year for me to get it. Gentle Giant are one band I've been listening to consistently for 40+ years. This cut is appropriate for the board:

Reaction Score
I actually bought this album just because I liked the cover. It took a year for me to get it. Gentle Giant are one band I've been listening to consistently for 40+ years. This cut is appropriate for the board:

Don't know anything about this band, but sounds like an easier-to-take version of Yes, which I liked back then but cannot reallt tolerate now

Reaction Score
Regarding the theme of this thread, I can't say I ever bought an album or CD because of the cover.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Regarding the theme of this thread, I can't say I ever bought an album or CD because of the cover.
The theme of this thread was lost long ago in translation. Rocky Boy was way too cerebral for too many of us. He began with a slight play on words to draw us into a rhapsody on Ezi Megabor. But ,as so often happens , the thread became a train wreck, literally off the tracks. But , his musical musing kept on a rollin', and here we are. Nice and easy does it every time! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The theme of this thread was lost long ago in translation. Rocky Boy was way too cerebral for too many of us. He began with a slight play on words to draw us into a rhapsody on Ezi Megabor. But ,as so often happens , the thread became a train wreck, literally off the tracks. But , his musical musing kept on a rollin', and here we are. Nice and easy does it every time! ;)

Yup, so while we are off the rails, I understand that a ton of women bought this album just for the cover. :D

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Yup, so while we are off the rails, I understand that a ton of women bought this album just for the cover. :D

Patriotic? Daughters of the American Revolution maybe? I don't know. I always liked the cover of Music From Big Pink, and I liked what was inside too.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
This one?

Yes ,sir. Something strange and interesting about it. And of course the music was great. Perhaps the most talked about cover ever, at least back in the day, was the cover of Blind Faith. It was deemed too controversial and never released in the U. S. At least the cover wasn't. The album was ungodly good, with four people so talented they could not stand each other. And back in 1969, there were too many nights when 'I can't Find My Way Home' was all too true! Good work, Rocky. Get some of that brown smoke and sit back and just listen. :):):)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

How much time did you spend in record shops in your youth? I spent a LOT of time in them, and just liked some record covers. I don't think I ever didn't like something I bought because of the cover. Another of my all-time favorites, folk rather than prog rock. This is one of the most achingly beautiful songs ever recorded:

Reaction Score
Good stuff Bigboote, there were some amazing tunes in that genre from back then:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom