Anybody see KO work officials? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anybody see KO work officials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I was at the game and witnessed him getting into the refs on multiple occasions.

He doesn't tap dance out there like Pitino, but not many do.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
The Cards did body us pretty good on a couple of those blocks. Officials often let it go but it should be a foul.

I would like to see KO work the officials a little more. I suspect as he progresses as a head coach, he will get a bit more demonstrative. In the near term, he will probably polish his reputation as a good guy and give the refs a wide berth.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just not fair to compare Ollie working the officials with the master. JC worked the officials the way others work with oils or clay.

Reaction Score
KO's strength is going to be that he's not an , but someone who today's top players want to play for.
I like it that he's focused on what his team is doing. We got beat by vastly superior overall talent, nothing he could have done would have helped the program, or change the outcome of the game.

Reaction Score
I've never been sure that getting T'd up intentionally was a way to change the way the refs call a game, but I WAS thinking in the 2nd half, when everything was going south, that mild-mannered KO getting T'd up might shock the kids into showing some more fight! I don't think he will get Ts often, but this may have been a time it was called for!!!!! And there are ways to get that intentional T without launching F-bombs or showing up the refs, Kevin will learn this soon I'm sure!

Reaction Score
On the other hand ...

Louisville, like teams we have seen before (*Georgetown in mid 80s), press & foul most every time down. They body up ballhandlers & slap at the ball ... which is supposed to be a pretty automatic call. These refs didn't call any of that. What disturbed me more, watching on TV, is the lack of call on blatantly Dangerous plays: like when DeAndre Daniels got undercut & no foul was called. That's unbelievable. Karl Hess should be shot.

But, there is a hierarchy as to how a new coach can be demonstrable. Refs let Pitino go wild. Calhoun too. Jay Wright can have long conversations. Kevin Ollie, I believe, has been told that he needs to walk before he can run on this. Maybe we should offer Blaney up to get tossed.

caw

Reaction Score
On the other hand ...

Louisville, like teams we have seen before (*Georgetown in mid 80s), press & foul most every time down. They body up ballhandlers & slap at the ball ... which is supposed to be a pretty automatic call. These refs didn't call any of that. What disturbed me more, watching on TV, is the lack of call on blatantly Dangerous plays: like when DeAndre Daniels got undercut & no foul was called. That's unbelievable. Karl Hess should be shot.

But, there is a hierarchy as to how a new coach can be demonstrable. Refs let Pitino go wild. Calhoun too. Jay Wright can have long conversations. Kevin Ollie, I believe, has been told that he needs to walk before he can run on this. Maybe we should offer Blaney up to get tossed.

They really didn't grab or slap at the ball as much as in the past. The times they did, were pretty clean.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was at the game and witnessed him getting into the refs on multiple occasions.

He doesn't tap dance out there like Pitino, but not many do.
Good to know.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He worked the refs but he wasn't very effective and hasn't figured out how to be yet imo. It is an art, not a science, and it can't be learned by watching because a big part of it is establishing credibility with the ref, and another big part is physical--knowing how to act and what you can get away with.

I will say that I was surprised at how far out on the court he goes when he is coaching the action down his end. A few times it looked like he was getting ready to post up on the man in the low post, and he was yelling directives right behind him. He was closer to the action than I recall seeing most coaches get.

He'll figure out the ref thing in his own way.

Reaction Score
He worked the refs but he wasn't very effective and hasn't figured out how to be yet imo. It is an art, not a science, and it can't be learned by watching because a big part of it is establishing credibility with the ref, and another big part is physical--knowing how to act and what you can get away with.

I will say that I was surprised at how far out on the court he goes when he is coaching the action down his end. A few times it looked like he was getting ready to post up on the man in the low post, and he was yelling directives right behind him. He was closer to the action than I recall seeing most coaches get.

He'll figure out the ref thing in his own way.

Agree with this...He is way too far off the bench, but must be maintaining his composure and language not getting T'd up....
Those that think working the officials will make our team better are simply blind. KO is getting the most and in my opinion more than JC could have out of this team....

Reaction Score
Pitino was on the floor, out of the box screaming at officials the entire second half. I have no idea what he was complaining about though.

After Pitino got into their face we got NOTHING in the 1st half..........Daniels dunk, Omar's 3 (and 1), 2 missed on put backs by Giffey both all arm by Dieng and would have been huge..........not the reason we lost but rookie coach or not there needs to be some sort of response from KO at some point, he is deserving as his kids play hard and they certainly are deserving.

Reaction Score
Is it a foul if one coach punches out the other team's coach??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom