Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 59 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Apologies, long post coming. Couldn't resist.

Oh yeah?

So much wasted mental energy ;)

Turns out, us Irish fans are just very smart.

Is that so?

Good news! You were wrong.

Good luck with what now?
Do you guys get Westbrook?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I feel bad the the ND / Texas people who have to be so disappointed.

I know how disappointed I was going to be.

Meh, made my peace with it a few days ago.

Missing out on a player that good and her going to a rival stinks but what are you going to do? The sun rises in the east and UConn gets amazing talent. These are things you can count on.

ND has some good guard/wing talent in the pipeline. Looking forward to epic battles between she and Mabrey2, Young, Gilbert, etc.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So how good is this #1 ranked player compared with other #1's who played for Connecticut?

Is she a Maya or a Breanna?

Who will we have as starting five next year? Who are the first three off the bench? Does MW start?
Can you at least give us 24 hours to contemplate such weighty questions. I'm doing my happy dance and this post is seriously messing with my vibe.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So how good is this #1 ranked player compared with other #1's who played for Connecticut?

Is she a Maya or a Breanna?

Who will we have as starting five next year? Who are the first three off the bench? Does MW start?

Reports for a while have been that she's the next major standout #1 recruit in the same caliber of Stewart, Moore, Griner, EDD, and Parker. I haven't seen a ton of her, but based on the hype, she's expected to be right up there with very best of the best. Top recruit since Stewart.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
images

some of the posters in this thread have already started.... not the way i would have done it (fried or roasted) .... but oh well. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Probably not. Word on the street (internet) says Maryland.

Obviously my judgement just took a big hit (happily) but I can't imagine she would choose MD over ND.......I would say she stays local out west or picks ND...................hope I don't jinx that.............

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I hope Westbrook choose ND. For a team to be a dynasty (?) you have to have a worthy foe. ND qualifies in all counts. They need to stay neck and neck with UConn.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I hope Westbrook choose ND. For a team to be a dynasty (?) you have to have a worthy foe. ND qualifies in all counts. They need to stay neck and neck with UConn.

They need a top rate post player to come in and replace Turner. Even without Walker/Westbrook, they still have Ogunbowale, Mabrey and Young on the wings. Their best shooter is 6-2 Erin Boley who will likely man the 4 spot. Those are all elite players who could become All-Americans over their career. They also have Patberg at the PG spot for 4 years. What they need is a standout post player to be a shot blocker/finisher inside. Vaughn and Patterson are good gets, but I don't anticipate they'll make the impact Turner has. 2018 is very post heavy, so there will be some great players to go after including Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Shakira Austin, Charlie Collier, and NaLyssa Smith. Not sure who ND is involved with.

I'm also shocked they are not in Sidney Cooks's final 5. Cook is a great prospect as a versatile 4, and she's considering a slew of medicore Big Ten programs and UCLA. If she went to Notre Dame she'd have a chance to be an impact player to help them win a title.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
They need a top rate post player to come in and replace Turner. Even without Walker/Westbrook, they still have Ogunbowale, Mabrey and Young on the wings. Their best shooter is 6-2 Erin Boley who will likely man the 4 spot. Those are all elite players who could become All-Americans over their career. They also have Patberg at the PG spot for 4 years. What they need is a standout post player to be a shot blocker/finisher inside. Vaughn and Patterson are good gets, but I don't anticipate they'll make the impact Turner has. 2018 is very post heavy, so there will be some great players to go after including Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Shakira Austin, Charlie Collier, and NaLyssa Smith. Not sure who ND is involved with.

I'm also shocked they are not in Sidney Cooks's final 5. Cook is a great prospect as a versatile 4, and she's considering a slew of medicore Big Ten programs and UCLA. If she went to Notre Dame she'd have a chance to be an impact player to help them win a title.

Patterson and Vaughn aren't Turner but they don't have to be. ND's offense is built for wings to shine anyway (as discussed in today's article on Turner by Graham Hays at ESPNW).

Dunno what the deal with Cooks is. Never heard ND linked to her. She's local-ish being in Wisconsin but would seem there was no mutual interest. I believe ND is looking at Austin, Collier, and Amira Collins for next year. Not sure where they stand with ON-O. Nalyssa Smith cut ND from her list already.

Reaction Score
Apologies, long post coming. Couldn't resist.

Oh yeah?

So much wasted mental energy ;)

Turns out, us Irish fans are just very smart.

Is that so?

Good news! You were wrong.

Good luck with what now?
Good post! Thank you for the insight that you add to The Boneyard. Even though your heart bleeds green & gold - I think I speak for everyone when I say that you have a home here in the Boneyard. (However, that doesn't go for all ND fans...lol)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cool, let me know what you find. Then I won't have to do it. ;)

The lunacy went well beyond this thread.
This was my particular favorite:

Walker to Notre Dame is really not a secret in the AAU world anymore. The only home visit that Walker and her family put on social media was ND. I'm also being told that ND told 2 other highly ranked wings that they weren't recruiting them anymore because of a promise that Walker would be there.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
We're very excited because Megan Walker comes from Monacan, a town just west of my wife's hometown of Richmond, VA. Now maybe we can get my wife's relatives in Richmond to become fans of the Huskies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Two years with her, KLS, Dangerfield, and Stevens is freaking scary for the rest of WCBB. Huskies should be prohibitive favorites in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more undefeated seasons during her tenure. Congrats.

bballnut90, Say it again. I like that kind of talk!!! :p:D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom