Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 48 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you listen to Genos presser last night, he talks about kids wanting things. He was referencing Divas. I think it was a thinly veiled attempt to prepare Husky Nation for the news next week. I hope I am wrong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you listen to Genos presser last night, he talks about kids wanting things. He was referencing Divas. I think it was a thinly veiled attempt to prepare Husky Nation for the news next week. I hope I am wrong.
I was wondering the same. I'm trying to be optimistic. I worry about the timing with Westbrook's announcement, as well as the high-profile nature of the announcement. Neither Maya Moore nor Breanna Stewart would do it that way. Megan is clearly active with the social media. Is that compatible with playing at UConn? We'll see.

Geno's statement was in response to a question, so he didn't raise the topic. But maybe ....

Reaction Score
I'm glad this recruiting saga is coming to an end. Before it does, I hope this thread reaches 125,000 views.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
He's one of our Boneyard posters ! Good to see her retweeting one of us =D
ummmmm-huhhhh-im.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was wondering the same. I'm trying to be optimistic. I worry about the timing with Westbrook's announcement, as well as the high-profile nature of the announcement. Neither Maya Moore nor Breanna Stewart would do it that way. Megan is clearly active with the social media. Is that compatible with playing at UConn? We'll see.

Geno's statement was in response to a question, so he didn't raise the topic. But maybe ....
social media wasn't as big when Maya was in High School #MySpace
Stewie is simply cut from a different cloth so its tough to compare her to anyone

Stokes has a press conference

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

My daughter, who oversees social media strategies for a thinktank, says Vaguebooking can be used to build further interest. In another media, it's kind of like a promo for a tv program that may or not be where the plotline is going. Truth or red herring? Stay tuned! Both ;) and Head bang all rolled into one.

Thx. for sending...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno doesn't do "thinly veiled". He's been ranting about entitled/diva kids and UCONN ability to get the right kids since.... there have been entitled/diva kids. He called Molly a "throwback"- the good kind.

Reaction Score
Oh come on. We don't know for sure where either of them are going. We certainly don't know them personally. Do you really think their egos magically go away if they announce UConn instead of ND? If Walker announces UConn, would you say good luck Geno with that ego! Of course you wouldn't. I don't like this kind of stuff either, and prefer the Stewie sign it on the hood of a car and have Dad fax it in, but UConn recruits have held their own spectacles when they announced they were taking their talents to Storrs. Begrudging these players is just sour grapes - enough to make a few bottles of Geno's wine!

EGO"S????? Has any team had an EGO the size of DT??? Geno likes kids with good egos (confidence). If/When she comes to Uconn--you'll be praising that same EGO!!

Reaction Score
Geno doesn't do "thinly veiled". He's been ranting about entitled/diva kids and UCONN ability to get the right kids since.... there have been entitled/diva kids. He called Molly a "throwback"- the good kind.

Divas--NO------Egos-Yes?? ------What is the difference?? Or is your Diva Diggins ---my Ego Confident --DT??
Subtle-ness is NOT in Geno's Gene's. He is PURE Italian/Latin--emotional from the heart (not always right--but unlike me--not always wrong)

Reaction Score
EGO"S????? Has any team had an EGO the size of DT??? Geno likes kids with good egos (confidence). If/When she comes to Uconn--you'll be praising that same EGO!!
Perhaps. I'm not into the recruiting stuff too much. We owe it to those that have committed themselves to this program to focus on the team we have today, and not the one we might have tomorrow.

Reaction Score
My daughter, who oversees social media strategies for a thinktank, says Vaguebooking can be used to build further interest. In another media, it's kind of like a promo for a tv program that may or not be where the plotline is going. Truth or red herring? Stay tuned! Both ;) and Head bang all rolled into one.

Thx. for sending...

Stay tuned----more on the death of a president---stay tune-d--(the news does this every show--it's show biz, not news) finally after you've waited 30 minutes --the death of a president --is a salamander named president. But you got suckered in to watch the whole show--it only works just so long.

Reaction Score
Perhaps. I'm not into the recruiting stuff too much. We owe it to those that have committed themselves to this program to focus on the team we have today, and not the one we might have tomorrow.
Amen! Amen! Amen! If we are to get them--they shall come. All the HYPE in the world won't change what may or may not happen. Amen! (So be it) I was commenting on the poster to you about EGO's.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One way or another, I will be drinking an adult beverage on the evening of Nov. 10

I'm sure you will. One way or another, you'll have something celebrate. Now we know why she postponed her decision announcement from late September to Nov 10. No one believes that her and Westbrook's signing on the same day is a coincidence. I'm still hoping MW is coming to Storrs.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
social media wasn't as big when Maya was in High School #MySpace
Stewie is simply cut from a different cloth so its tough to compare her to anyone

Stokes has a press conference

I agree with this. Social media has changed the game. Keep in mind that many times, this is driven by the schools. The schools want to brag about the accomplishments of the students that go there. From the principals to the teachers to the students that they go to class with, they want this celebration for their classmate. Many times, the players are just going along with what others have planned. It's not ego driven.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree with this. Social media has changed the game. Keep in mind that many times, this is driven by the schools. The schools want to brag about the accomplishments of the students that go there. From the principals to the teachers to the students that they go to class with, they want this celebration for their classmate. Many times, the players are just going along with what others have planned. It's not ego driven.
Good points but I also think ego plays a part (which I'm ok with). For example if I'm Megan's HS Principal I would want to know why she's dragging everyone back to the gym at 6:00 PM when we could have easily had a rally say at 3:00 or 4:00 which is normally the end of the school day. Duh!!!! SportsCenter doesn't come on until 6:00. That's ego.

Reaction Score
Good points but I also think ego plays a part (which I'm ok with). For example if I'm Megan's HS Principal I would want to know why she's dragging everyone back to the gym at 6:00 PM when we could have easily had a rally say at 3:00 or 4:00 which is normally the end of the school day. Duh!!!! SportsCenter doesn't come on until 6:00. That's ego.
Well it's not a spectacle worth having unless you're inconveniencing a bunch of people. Like when LeBron came to Greenwich to make his big televised announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom