Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well it's not a spectacle worth having unless you're inconveniencing a bunch of people. Like when LeBron came to Greenwich to make his big televised announcement.
Exactly. The reason I don't have a problem with this is because for MCBB and Football signing days have become routine spectacles. So I don't mind the women getting their fair share of publicity. WCBB needs more promotion IMO.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Stay tuned----more on the death of a president---stay tune-d--(the news does this every show--it's show biz, not news) finally after you've waited 30 minutes --the death of a president --is a salamander named president. But you got suckered in to watch the whole show--it only works just so long.

Apparently this particular modus operandi will work at least until 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 10th :rolleyes: Wonder how many views and hits we'll be up to by then?

Reaction Score
Apparently this particular modus operandi will work at least until 6 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 10th :rolleyes: Wonder how many views and hits we'll be up to by then?

I won't say if this is the object of Walkers announcement--I personally don't think she is playing games or if she chooses to make this a big deal--go for it--at 17/18 it is a big deal--he_l it's a big deal for me--.
Yet you have seen and read on the Megan Walker sites (plural)--some have given up on her--some don't care any longer--some just want it to end---so and announcement shall be anti-climatic. These things only last so long--the current human condition is--short attention span. Notice we are writing about the delay--not the actual announcement--the big deal ain't.

Reaction Score
Call me old fashioned but personally I find the whole process distasteful..................many players love to play the game of guess what school I'm going to which means that coaches have to hold back other offers or over offer other recruits leading to disappointment and anger..............how about just quietly go about the process and when you decide a school is not for you let them know.............then eventually pick the one you want with a joyful but dignified announcement without flaunting your decision in front of the other schools and their fans................nahhh I know, never going to happen...............

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Call me old fashioned but personally I find the whole process distasteful...many players love to play the game of guess what school I'm going to which means that coaches have to hold back other offers or over offer other recruits leading to disappointment and anger....how about just quietly go about the process and when you decide a school is not for you let them know...then eventually pick the one you want with a joyful but dignified announcement without flaunting your decision in front of the other schools and their fans......nahhh I know, never going to happen.....
after you damn near stalked her every word this is how you feel smh lol... only on the boneyard

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I honestly think the coaches of 3 schools are aware of where Megan is committing. This is for our entertainment! More publicity and awareness for women's basketball if u ask me. Once again, good luck Megan!

In that case, I'll have to call 'muff on speed dial ;):D!
(If only it could be that easy.....)

I'll be joining by fellow Domer fans with an adult beverage on Nov. 10th.
A refreshing adult beverage (or two, depending on what happens.)

Reaction Score
after you damn near stalked her every word this is how you feel smh lol... only on the boneyard

Just because I play along doesn't mean that I prefer that process..............frankly this one has been more of a turn off then the others I have experienced......... so if MW's aim was to daze and confuse us wbb junkies, in my case she has succeeded.............

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Call me old fashioned but personally I find the whole process distasteful...many players love to play the game of guess what school I'm going to which means that coaches have to hold back other offers or over offer other recruits leading to disappointment and anger....how about just quietly go about the process and when you decide a school is not for you let them know...then eventually pick the one you want with a joyful but dignified announcement without flaunting your decision in front of the other schools and their fans......nahhh I know, never going to happen.....

This is exactly what I've been saying, or trying to say, for some time. Why diss the unchosen alternatives when they have offered you a scholarship? Why wouldn't a considerate person contact the unchosen coaches and alert them so they could go forward?

Kids sometimes behave like kids...shocking fact! But the adults who mentor them would do well to explain how classless some of these scholly pressers appear.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I honestly think the coaches of 3 schools are aware of where Megan is committing. This is for our entertainment! More publicity and awareness for women's basketball if u ask me. Once again, good luck Megan!

It would speak better of all concerned were this the case.

Reaction Score
Maybe because she has not truly made up her mind.

Very possible right after her visits but by now I find it hard to believe that she is still unsure..........this is all for effect.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how so many of us missed this but...

"First time when I spent the night, I was with Breanna Stewart but the rest of the time I was with the other girls. Those are the girls I am going to be with so you have to be able to have a bond with them, be cool with them off the court as well as on the court."

Megan Walker

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: May 2016

Reaction Score

"First time when I spent the night, I was with Breanna Stewart but the rest of the time I was with the other girls. Those are the girls I am going to be with so you have to be able to have a bond with them, be cool with them off the court as well as on the court."
Megan Walker

a distant memory...........things have changed............just like many kids..........she found "cooler" friends to hang with....................

Reaction Score

Megan Walker

I'm guessing she meant it generically, as in whatever school she chooses "those are the girls I am going to be with." Those meaning her future teammates be they Huskies, Irish, or 'Horns.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm guessing she meant it generically, as in whatever school she chooses "those are the girls I am going to be with." Those meaning her future teammates be they Huskies, Irish, or 'Horns.
And for the record I'm not supportive of your guessing. :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
For me this is just the modern world and I agree that having a little hype for women's BB 'signing days' is a positive development - enough people care to make this I believe a record thread on the BY.

In terms of messing with coaching plans - don't think any of the three remaining coaches would have done anything differently over the past month than they are doing currently had she announced after her last official visit - they all have a scholly open that would not have been offered to someone else.

The ones that mess with coaching plans are the ones who announce a verbal commitment and then change their mind and sign an offer elsewhere, and the ones that come to school and then change their mind and transfer. But the transfers at least are the result of a year or two of trying to make it work - the verbal/re-opening are the result of not knowing what you are doing in the first place.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For me this is just the modern world and I agree that having a little hype for women's BB 'signing days' is a positive development - enough people care to make this I believe a record thread on the BY.

In terms of messing with coaching plans - don't think any of the three remaining coaches would have done anything differently over the past month than they are doing currently had she announced after her last official visit - they all have a scholly open that would not have been offered to someone else.

The ones that mess with coaching plans are the ones who announce a verbal commitment and then change their mind and sign an offer elsewhere, and the ones that come to school and then change their mind and transfer. But the transfers at least are the result of a year or two of trying to make it work - the verbal/re-opening are the result of not knowing what you are doing in the first place.

I get you Buddy, but I simply will not have my emotions toyed with in this fashion! Head bang Yeah, for the uninitiated, I'm joking. Did they put frustrated in Merriam yet? :confused:

Reaction Score

Megan Walker

Could be. But it could be as one very smart poster said: Maybe she just hasn't made up her mind (or words to that effect!! This mushy brain can't remember who wrote that!!

Reaction Score
I get you Buddy, but I simply will not have my emotions toyed with in this fashion! Head bang Yeah, for the uninitiated, I'm joking. Did they put frustrated in Merriam yet? :confused:
Toy --toy --toy --toy----I'M TOYINg WITH YOU!! Sorry I already used frustrated--that MY word!!

Reaction Score
a distant memory......things have changed..just like many kids.....she found "cooler" friends to hang with.....

CHARLIE---I WARNED YOU---STOP POSTING ABOUT MEGAN!!! (kidding)
I was going to ask you how you would feel if this were your daughter--then I asked me the same question;
(Thoughts varied) 1. I'd want my daughter to be recognized for her talent and her work 2. Would I think of how she could positively impact people getting to know about WBB --by a bigtime signing day-probably!
3. Would I caution her not to drag this out--maybe yes--but it's her day--could I take that from her??

Point is I'd let all that up to her--because--the options are all great--what would you do Charlie???

One selfish note: It is not a social disgrace or error in decency--to let the winner and the "losers' all know together on the day she announced it. A call afterward isn't necessary but shows good breeding (or so they say)

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I've been saying, or trying to say, for some time. Why diss the unchosen alternatives when they have offered you a scholarship? Why wouldn't a considerate person contact the unchosen coaches and alert them so they could go forward?

Kids sometimes behave like kids...shocking fact! But the adults who mentor them would do well to explain how classless some of these scholly pressers appear.

How do you know she hasn't contacted the coaches yet?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Charlieb, Welcome to the age of social media. Most of these kids today grew up with social media, where they have to post everything they do. If they eat something, they have to post it. If they go somewhere, they have to post it. Everyone they know does it. That's why they can't go more than 2 minutes without checking their phones for messages or tweets.

Most teenage girls walk around with their phones in their hands. They can't/won't put it down. To me, that's bondage. To be held captive by an electronic device. But I'm old, I grew up in the 60's & 70's. long before iphones and social media became the norm.

I think a person's EGO also has a lot to do with how they choose to reveal their choice of programs. Teens who are high profile by nature will choose this type of stage to make their announcement. Others who are more "low-key", may choose the simple text or phone call to the school, and in turn, let them make the announcement.

Megan is HIGH PROFILE. She's not the first to do this, she won't be the last. The Isley Brothers said it best years ago in a song: It's your thing, do what you wanna do". I hope she and her family enjoy all the pomp and pageantry her announcement will generate. I have absolutely no problem with it. You know the best thing about her reveal? It will bring to an end months of Speculation and second guessing, here in the yard and at Texas and Notre Dame. Along with the an end of "weeping, and gnashing of teeth". :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CHARLIE---I WARNED YOU---STOP POSTING ABOUT MEGAN!!! (kidding)
I was going to ask you how you would feel if this were your daughter--then I asked me the same question;
(Thoughts varied) 1. I'd want my daughter to be recognized for her talent and her work 2. Would I think of how she could positively impact people getting to know about WBB --by a bigtime signing day-probably!
3. Would I caution her not to drag this out--maybe yes--but it's her day--could I take that from her??

Point is I'd let all that up to her--because--the options are all great--what would you do Charlie???

One selfish note: It is not a social disgrace or error in decency--to let the winner and the "losers' all know together on the day she announced it. A call afterward isn't necessary but shows good breeding (or so they say)

Screw the other schools.....................I'd "make" her go to Stanford if she could get in.....................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Screw the other schools......I'd "make" her go to Stanford if she could get in......:rolleyes:
My daughter lives just out side of Palo Alto --in another Alto (high) she didn't go to Stanford--Harvard. She and her hubby took 2 years off and traveled--then went back to lawyering--poor child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom