Anybody else concerned about South Carolina? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anybody else concerned about South Carolina?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
You gotta love the unintended consequences of a parody thread when people miss the joke. On the other hand, it is kind of weird how the posters on a UConn board tend to favor UConn, huh? If only there were places to post that weren't so UConn heavy.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Even when the disclaimer is there in black and white. I guess no one reads the fine print anymore....

That just goes to show you how message boards go awry. Pick any message section connected to an article in an online Newspaper. All kinds of name calling and arguments. Then someone usually says "Did you even read the article?". Sadly it's true - lots of people don't.

Reaction Score
I don't like South Carolina because of Nikki McCray who screeches like she is being murdered throughout the game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not Concerned about So Carolina until team beats Oregon and So Carolina beats whoever they have to play. :)

Reaction Score
That's tough to do - the OP is full of Pitooey (Is that a word?) :p

P.S. : Can't help but smile seeing some of the responses. Makes me think that just maybe a few people commented on the thread title without reading the first post.

I got the joke, just didn't have anything funny to say.........thought I'd ignore it and give a serious answer..............

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
That's tough to do - the OP is full of Pitooey (Is that a word?) :p

P.S. : Can't help but smile seeing some of the responses. Makes me think that just maybe a few people commented on the thread title without reading the first post.
Some evidently failed to read the fine print.

Reaction Score
Lol obviously you all are worried if you made an entire thread asking so, say what you want I'm proud of our team so you guys can continue to be ignorant because it's bliss and will come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. You all need to seriously humble yourselves. UCONN is clearly the best team in the field but you continue to take jabs at teams that's looking up at you all.

It was a JOKE in regards to MikeR's post earlier. Don't flatter yourself!

Reaction Score
Lol obviously you all are worried if you made an entire thread asking so, say what you want I'm proud of our team so you guys can continue to be ignorant because it's bliss and will come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. You all need to seriously humble yourselves. UCONN is clearly the best team in the field but you continue to take jabs at teams that's looking up at you all.

It might add to the embarrassment but...
The OP title regarding being "concerned about South Carolina" was a parody of another thread where the hysterical author titled it similarly only with Baylor as the object of apprehension.
As noted earlier, in multiple posts in this thread, you either overlooked the disclaimer in the OP entirely or you didn't realize what it was referring to.

Sarcasm, subtlety and parody (among other qualities) are almost sure to be lost on the internet when the audience exceeds the lowest prime number. This thread being exhibit A.

Lol indeed.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Davis is the key. To how SC will do. A good game they win. A bad game they will lose.

Reaction Score
They're beating a team by 40 in the SWEET SIXTEEN. UCONN had a tough time today. I'd say South Carolina will win EVERYTHING very easily. Let's just give them the Trophy right now. The rest of this Tournament is a waste of time!!! I'm worried sick. God help us. We're doomed.

(This post brought to you Tongue In Cheek Productions)
Well---If you REALLY believe US Carolina will beat all competitions--the me must assuredly file a petition to hand them the Trophy--
along with that is anointing Aja as POY---Coach Staley---Second Coach of Year Brenda--for identifying the limitation of Bridgeport.
I don't feel doomed ---I am relieved--the whole shee bang is done--and now I can hibernate until November

Reaction Score
It might add to the embarrassment but...
The OP title regarding being "concerned about South Carolina" was a parody of another thread where the hysterical author titled it similarly only with Baylor as the object of apprehension.
As noted earlier, in multiple posts in this thread, you either overlooked the disclaimer in the OP entirely or you didn't realize what it was referring to.

Sarcasm, subtlety and parody (among other qualities) are almost sure to be lost on the internet when the audience exceeds the lowest prime number. This thread being exhibit A.

Lol indeed.
What if they won't sell you PRIME numbers --only standard grade--Exhibit B (geez my highest grade this life time--Last lifetime it wasD)

Reaction Score
That just goes to show you how message boards go awry. Pick any message section connected to an article in an online Newspaper. All kinds of name calling and arguments. Then someone usually says "Did you even read the article?". Sadly it's true - lots of people don't.
Dam I read the Boneyard rules ---every last word--including up dates (just like windows 10)--and no where doe it say you must read with understanding--or even read fully??? Is this the latest Boneyard update???

Reaction Score
It was a JOKE in regards to MikeR's post earlier. Don't flatter yourself!
Thanks I'm so popular on this board!! Never knew my comments meant that much.... People take this board way to serious!!! It's actually quite funny!! This is a open forum to discuss basketball and our opinions... Apparently if u don't agree then all hell breaks lose!!! We shouldn't be worried about SC.... Baylor!!! My predictions are all number one seeds make it to Dallas!! Notre Dame over SC and Baylor over UCONN. Baylor over Notre Dame in the final. The next 2 years UCONN will be unstoppable. Just think with the long season the lack of depth will finally catch up to the huskies. Sadly who ever we face in the final four we already played its a lot easier second time around to fix the issues and go after UCONN. I truly hope all my opinions end up wrong and UCONN wins it all but the title goes through Baylor. People think Mississippi State will keep it close? During the season they haven't looked good and have issues at time scoring.... Baylor has steamed roll everyone so far in the tourney... Alexis Jones seems to be back to health and they have so much depth. Nina Davis is playing like her old self. Sadly the final four is in Dallas I see the title runs through Baylor. It's Baylors title to lose. Next year Baylor will be good but losing those 3 starters and one off the bench will be a lot to replace. So like Doris said today get UCONN now cause the next 2 years will be very difficult to stop the huskies!!! But then again we have to get past Oregon Monday!!! GENO has said many times the elite 8 game is truly the hardest game to win.... Getting to a final four!!!

Reaction Score
It's not the Bliss---it's the prime number---didn't you get one??

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thanks I'm so popular on this board!! Never knew my comments meant that much.... People take this board way to serious!!! It's actually quite funny!! This is a open forum to discuss basketball and our opinions... Apparently if u don't agree then all hell breaks lose!!! We shouldn't be worried about SC.... Baylor!!! My predictions are all number one seeds make it to Dallas!! Notre Dame over SC and Baylor over UCONN. Baylor over Notre Dame in the final. The next 2 years UCONN will be unstoppable. Just think with the long season the lack of depth will finally catch up to the huskies. Sadly who ever we face in the final four we already played its a lot easier second time around to fix the issues and go after UCONN. I truly hope all my opinions end up wrong and UCONN wins it all but the title goes through Baylor. People think Mississippi State will keep it close? During the season they haven't looked good and have issues at time scoring.... Baylor has steamed roll everyone so far in the tourney... Alexis Jones seems to be back to health and they have so much depth. Nina Davis is playing like her old self. Sadly the final four is in Dallas I see the title runs through Baylor. It's Baylors title to lose. Next year Baylor will be good but losing those 3 starters and one off the bench will be a lot to replace. So like Doris said today get UCONN now cause the next 2 years will be very difficult to stop the huskies!!! But then again we have to get past Oregon Monday!!! GENO has said many times the elite 8 game is truly the hardest game to win.... Getting to a final four!!!

You're my favorite UConn poster. You are just a heap of fun.

Reaction Score
No one should be worried. One game at a time, but I'm impressed by the performance today over a team in which everyone on this board had us losing to. If SC happens to make it to the FF and play UCONN in he title game don't think your not going to get their best shot. The smaller lineup also matches up very well with the huskies.
If that's the truth, then why wasn't Dawn Staley smart enough to try that earlier so she could whip the Huskies. The suggestion is that she's an amazing coach so you would have thought she'd try something differently to change the flow of the game and realize what you now seemingly know to be true.

JS

Reaction Score
A veritable pile of wit. :)
Now, now, let's not turn this into another Mike-bash, no matter how many engraved invitations he sends out.

I will say two things:

1. From a moderator's point of view, the OP is an evil person.

2. If Baylor wins it all, there will be one even worse consequence here than Baylor winning it all.

Reaction Score
If that's the truth, then why wasn't Dawn Staley smart enough to try that earlier so she could whip the Huskies. The suggestion is that she's an amazing coach so you would have thought she'd try something differently to change the flow of the game and realize what you now seemingly know to be true.
Her offensive coordinator didn't approve it.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Now, now, let's not turn this into another Mike-bash, no matter how many engraved invitations he sends out.

I will say two things:

1. From a moderator's point of view, the OP is an evil person.

Hey JS , I resemble that remark! ;)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

2. If Baylor wins it all, there will be one even worse consequence here than Baylor winning it all.

MOOT point now. Bye bye bad Baylor Bears (LOL)

Reaction Score
Funny you brought this up. I have been thinking about this for days, perhaps weeks.
I am severely concerned about SC.
I know how sensitive they are when they lose...

So I have been praying that when they lose, that they don't lose it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom