Anybody else concerned about South Carolina? | The Boneyard

Anybody else concerned about South Carolina?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They're beating a team by 40 in the SWEET SIXTEEN. UCONN had a tough time today. I'd say South Carolina will win EVERYTHING very easily. Let's just give them the Trophy right now. The rest of this Tournament is a waste of time!!! I'm worried sick. God help us. We're doomed.

(This post brought to you Tongue In Cheek Productions)

Reaction Score
No one should be worried. One game at a time, but I'm impressed by the performance today over a team in which everyone on this board had us losing to. If SC happens to make it to the FF and play UCONN in he title game don't think your not going to get their best shot. The smaller lineup also matches up very well with the huskies.

Reaction Score
They're beating a team by 40 in the SWEET SIXTEEN. UCONN had a tough time today. I'd say South Carolina will win EVERYTHING very easily. Let's just give them the Trophy right now. The rest of this Tournament is a waste of time!!! I'm worried sick. God help us. We're doomed.

Uh, no

Reaction Score
LOL they played a 12 seed. I mean if they won by less than 40 I would have been surprised. Remember the beat downs we've laid on much better teams in the Sweet 16 games in the past couple years? 105-54 against Texas and 96-36 against Miss St. When you do it against quality opponents like that, then that's saying something. Good job by Coach Staley and the Gamecocks today, but they just beat a team no one outside of Connecticut even knew existed until a few days ago. And Gray had a nice game all things considered. The drama when she went down in the last game... I mean my god I thought she got hit by a garbage truck or something the way she reacted and it turns out it was nothing.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
but I'm impressed by the performance today over a team in which everyone on this board had us losing to.

The smaller lineup also matches up very well with the huskies.

Umm, no, not everyone had you losing to Quinnapiac, we were ALL rooting for Q. There's a difference. And please keep telling yourself that your smaller lineup matches up with us if you get to the final. I guess you might even get to test that theory if both you and ND advance.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You are trying to top the OP's for ridiculous statements?
I beg to disagree with you, SCspur isn't trying, they've already succeeded!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

I see what you did. The effect is not complete however without three pages of taking offense and claiming victimhood at every disagreeing post. Plus, the "we''re doomed" kind of marks you as a mojo artiste.

Reaction Score
Lol obviously you all are worried if you made an entire thread asking so, say what you want I'm proud of our team so you guys can continue to be ignorant because it's bliss and will come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. You all need to seriously humble yourselves. UCONN is clearly the best team in the field but you continue to take jabs at teams that's looking up at you all.

Reaction Score
Lol obviously you all are worried if you made an entire thread asking so, say what you want I'm proud of our team so you guys can continue to be ignorant because it's bliss and will come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. You all need to seriously humble yourselves. UCONN is clearly the best team in the field but you continue to take jabs at teams that's looking up at you all.
Relax cocky.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Only need to beat them by one.

Yes, that is true. However, there are some folks around here who can't take the psychological and/or physical stress and strain on their vital functions that close a game might cause, so let's just win by 20 and keep everyone healthy.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Not until they are the next team in front of us. They're NOT in front of us yet. It's best not to look ahead. Maryland is a case in point. They made several references about facing UConn in the regional BEFORE it got to that point. A Dark Horse stepped out of the shadows and "mugged" them on their way to the regional finals, and sent them home. As it turned out, I guess you could call their game against Oregon a trap game. :confused: They got caught in that trap........looking ahead. I wonder how many Terrapin fans are still whining about their "3 seed" ranking, and their placement in the Bridgeport region now? They lost to an "at large" invitee with double digit loses overall, and a sub .500 record in league play.

Let's not fall into the same "trap" they did. Let's focus and concentrate on the game before us, the most important game in the tournament to this point.............Oregon.
A match up with South Carolina will take care of itself if/when the time comes. :)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Not sure on that one. We just played them a few weeks ago at home and what was the margin of victory?

They had Coates in that game. They don't now.

Reaction Score
Haven't even thought about it................gotta get those Ducks to lay an egg and then prepare for the those little kids from the southwest...............

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
You are trying to top the OP's for ridiculous statements?

That's tough to do - the OP is full of Pitooey (Is that a word?) :p

P.S. : Can't help but smile seeing some of the responses. Makes me think that just maybe a few people commented on the thread title without reading the first post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom