Any updates on Jalen? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Any updates on Jalen?

Reaction Score
Well, he can still get one game under his belt against ECU Sunday. I believe our first game wud be next Thursday night if things hold as is. 8 more days to heal.

Reaction Score
Chief and others need to realize that the Jim Calhoun era is never returning, and lower their expectations accordingly.
Prove it. You can't possibly know what the future holds..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We just got our doors blown by them without Jalen. Then if we do beat them, we have to possibly play Houston less than 24 hours later. Hard to expect Jalen to give us 25 a game off the bat in the AAC tourney.
And I believe it will take Jalen getting 25 a game for us to get multiple wins in the AAC tournament.

SMU has been close to horrible shooting the ball since the game vs our Huskies. They played out of their arses that night and our guys were horrid, worst one of the year. I don't mind that game.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was the best ever at what he did. It's simply not replicable.
That is just another opinion that you can't prove. First of all, while Calhoun was one of the best, it is arguable that he was the best ever. Second, even if he was the best ever, someone was the best ever before he was. There is always a chance that someone out there is the next "best ever".

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That is just another opinion that you can't prove. First of all, while Calhoun was one of the best, it is arguable that he was the best ever. Second, even if he was the best ever, someone was the best ever before he was. There is always a chance that someone out there is the next "best ever".

If you think expecting the next "best ever" to end up coaching the UConn's men's basketball team is a worthwhile use of your time, then go right ahead.

Reaction Score
If you think expecting the next "best ever" to end up coaching the UConn's men's basketball team is a worthwhile use of your time, then go right ahead.
Where did I imply I am expecting anything? Seems like you are the one who is expecting. You are expecting that something won't happen because you think it is impossible. Or, are you just hoping it won't happen?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Where did I imply I am expecting anything? Seems like you are the one who is expecting. You are expecting that something won't happen because you think it is impossible. Or, are you just hoping it won't happen?

It's generally a good practice in life to not expect things we think are impossible to happen.

Believe me, I would love for the next Calhoun to show up and for us to have more 15-year spans with 4 championships and numerous lottery picks. I'm also smart enough to know that the chance of that happening is minuscule.

Reaction Score
It's generally a good practice in life to not expect things we think are impossible to happen.

Believe me, I would love for the next Calhoun to show up and for us to have more 15-year spans with 4 championships and numerous lottery picks. I'm also smart enough to know that the chance of that happening is minuscule.
If someone expects a coach like JC, they're crazy.

However that doesn't mean this team can't be a consistent national title contender with lottery picks and All Americans. We have the infrastructure and commitment to do it. Duke-UNC-Kentucky-Kansas are their own breed, but given that we're in the American rather than the old Big East, our down years might be better than they were in the up years, even if the ups aren't as great.

And, lest we forgot, half of JC's efforts and brilliance were in elevating UConn to a Tier 1a basketball school. It took him a lot of his UConn career to do that (say, 1995 is sort of when we "made" it and weren't a flash in the pan anymore?). From 1995-2012 we had a ridiculous run, but a coach a step or two down from JC could still make the FF and win titles, even if it isn't like the 1995-2006 peak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom