Any updates on assistant coaches? interviews? anything? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Any updates on assistant coaches? interviews? anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Diaco hires DJ then it will be because he is the best guy for the position he is interviewing for. No time for emotional hires. Sounds like he is doing really really well at Iowa so I am sure he would be a competitive candidate.

If DJ is doing well at Iowa, why would he come back here to work as a position coach? Other than coaching for his alma mater, I think staying in the B1G would be better for his career. Who knows... Would love to see him here.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If DJ is doing well at Iowa, why would he come back here to work as a position coach?

One thing to keep in mind is that everyone knows that Ferentz is going to be fired in a year or two at Iowa. If it wasn't for his massive buyout, he would already be gone. He is a lame duck coach just waiting to be canned once they can afford his buyout. So it may be attractive for a coach to leave for a more stable situatio--especially their home school. Although it is kind of funny that the Iowa HC is a former UConn player, and the UConn HC is a former Iowa player! :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The horde has been completely neutered by WM during this process.

On Thursday afternoon we knew coaching interviews started yesterday morning. And not a peep out of anyone to the press regarding rumors about any coach by name.

No one on the record or off the record. We've had better convos here than what the press has reported or speculated/analyzed.

Reaction Score
One thing to keep in mind is that everyone knows that Ferentz is going to be fired in a year or two at Iowa. If it wasn't for his massive buyout, he would already be gone. He is a lame duck coach just waiting to be canned once they can afford his buyout. So it may be attractive for a coach to leave for a more stable situatio--especially their home school. Although it is kind of funny that the Iowa HC is a former UConn player, and the UConn HC is a former Iowa player! :)

I don't know how you can conclude that - Iowa went 8-4, including wins over in-state rival ISU, Michigan, Nebraska, and is preparing now for the Outback Bowl. Coaches dont get canned for that. We'd erect a statute for a coach doing that (provided he flew back from game with team and stayed :confused:)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
DJ should apply for a job on Addazzio's staff so he can visit with Aaron on a regular basis.

OK I'm done with the Aaron jokes.

DJ is one of the first names I thought of when I heard the offensive staff may not be retained. Seems like he could be of use to the staff. Not sure though what his connection would be to this coaching staff other than the fact that he is an alum of the school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Diaco hires DJ then it will be because he is the best guy for the position he is interviewing for. No time for emotional hires. Sounds like he is doing really really well at Iowa so I am sure he would be a competitive candidate.

If DJ is doing well at Iowa, why would he come back here to work as a position coach? Other than coaching for his alma mater, I think staying in the B1G would be better for his career. Who knows... Would love to see him here.

I love DJ. Why would he come back here and deal with his brother hanging over everything. People aren't even done dying yet.

Reaction Score
Mr. Fincher is running a fishing boat in the islands with Deon McPhee. Not exactly building the resume of a guy looking to come back and coach.
Is he hiring though? It's not even January and we've gotten too much snow for my taste.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is he hiring though? It's not even January and we've gotten too much snow for my taste.

Alfred is my all time favorite Husky. I ran into him pregame at the Charlotte bowl and we drank some Jager together. I imagine they have a damn good time on that boat.

Reaction Score
Alfred is my all time favorite Husky. I ran into him pregame at the Charlotte bowl and we drank some Jager together. I imagine they have a damn good time on that boat.
One of mine too, I have his #9 jersey and got a picture with him at the same bowl game.

Reaction Score
I want DJ nowhere near this program at this time. Through no fault of his own, he comes with a distraction. Until his brother's case is settled and has an outcome, I think it's best for all parties for him to stay at Iowa. I wouldn't be opposed to him coming in the future. Just my two cents.

Reaction Score
We might want to hire an OC and have a plan for what we want our O to be before we hire someone to coach TEs or WRs. But if it is DJ, do you think the interview might be at 3 am at the GoldRoc Diner? :confused:

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Alfred was my counselor for the class UConn made me do when I got a ticket for possession of alcohol by a minor. His advice? Don't stop drinking, just stop doing it stupidly.

He was a nice guy. I sat next to him in that class and just kept saying "this guy is f------ huge, he's gonna be in the NFL." I was really marking out.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
We might want to hire an OC and have a plan for what we want our O to be before we hire someone to coach TEs or WRs. But if it is DJ, do you think the interview might be at 3 am at the GoldRoc Diner? :confused:

No. I think it will be at Electric Blue.

Reaction Score
I absolutely clicked on the link. The top post is "New UConn Coach Bob Diaco Meeting With Assistant Coaches This Week". Along with the title are two sentences and a link to an article that is four days old.

Reaction Score
No. I think it will be at Electric Blue.

Oh man. Best strip club ever.

And by "best" I mean, "best place to score cocaine and sleep with strippers." If you're into that kind of thing. Which, if you're at the Blue, you probably are.

Reaction Score
I absolutely clicked on the link. The top post is "New UConn Coach Bob Diaco Meeting With Assistant Coaches This Week". Along with the title are two sentences and a link to an article that is four days old.

While the story is dated the 13th, I don't remember reading the Penn St recruit story or the part about Chandler considering his options. It didn't appear to be posted around here, though it certainly could have been.

Weird it would link it to his blog 4 days later.

Reaction Score
While the story is dated the 13th, I don't remember reading the Penn St recruit story or the part about Chandler considering his options. It didn't appear to be posted around here, though it certainly could have been.

Weird it would link it to his blog 4 days later.
Just a tactic many websites use to get additional page views. They are "tricking" the user into thinking a new piece of content is published, when in reality it is outdated content.

Reaction Score
Just a tactic many websites use to get additional page views. They are "tricking" the user into thinking a new piece of content is published, when in reality it is outdated content.

I'm losing it. Huskymedic posted this last Friday in the gunslinger thread. I rarely frequent Des's blog. No more.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I'm losing it. Huskymedic posted this last Friday in the gunslinger thread. I rarely frequent Des's blog. No more.
Are you the same Artie from Dez,s blog? That place is just a black hole width little to no content going through there unless it is pushed in by Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom