Any updates on assistant coaches? interviews? anything? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any updates on assistant coaches? interviews? anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what's wrong with you? he did the right thing by taking it out, and you poke him in the eye for it?

FWIW i enjoy your contrarian views, often agree with you. can we just leave this one alone and enjoy the #uptick?

I'm guessing he chimed in, in his usual antagonizing way. I told him I was putting him on ignore, but in his self absorbed world, it probably slipped his mind. Sad little man he is.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
God I wouldn't even know where to start.

I didn't really poke him in the eye. He and darren have had some odd obsession the past few weeks - it's really a bit confusing.

Not even sure what this is about but I vote to drop it before this gets out of control.

rodney-king-2.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm guessing he chimed in, in his usual antagonizing way. I told him I was putting him on ignore, but in his self absorbed world, it probably slipped his mind. Sad little man he is.

You might not see my reply but you don't get the irony of bragging about blocking me while being obsessed with me and my posts only makes you look like a childish fool. Luckily everyone else gets to see it.

On a board with plenty of clowns you truly are the Alpha Bozo.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this carries any weight, but this seems interesting. The possibility that DJ Hernandez is added to the staff:

Tyler Lorenzen‏@TylerLorenzen
#UConn folks are certainly agreeing with my comments about @DjHernandez14 and Diaco's staff. Great football mind, lives for it.
Wow that would be interesting if DJ was brought in as an assistant. I believe he went from Brown to Miami and is know at Iowa.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what DJ has to offer, but if he can show Cochran how to run in a winning two point conversion and throw the ball out of the stadium....

sign him up.

I'm not sure if DB and TL publicly campaigning will help. I would expect them to reach out to Diaco through the proper channels first (or concurrently). I don't think twitter is the appropriate place to lobby when you're actually connected to the program like those guys are.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what DJ has to offer, but if he can show Cochran how to run in a winning two point conversion and throw the ball out of the stadium....

sign him up.

I'm not sure if DB and TL publicly campaigning will help. I would expect them to reach out to Diaco through the proper channels first (or concurrently). I don't think twitter is the appropriate place to lobby when you're actually connected to the program like those guys are.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Diaco knows all about the TE coach at Iowa and his connection to UConn. It makes perfect sense for DJ to be considered and he would fit nicely with Diaco's high energy.

I'll bet DJ can still hold his own vs today's players when it comes to work ethic. Not many players outworked him when he was a player.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Diaco knows all about the TE coach at Iowa and his connection to UConn. It makes perfect sense for DJ to be considered and he would fit nicely with Diaco's high energy.

I'll bet DJ can still hold his own vs today's players when it comes to work ethic. Not many players outworked him when he was a player.
That would be interesting bringing him back. The question is would he want to come back with all that's going on with his brother, maybe the distance is good for him.

Reaction Score
I have said before I like the idea of having an alum on the staff. But I agree with Oxford Bob, between Aaron and DJ's mishap in Southington, I wonder if it would be healthier for him in Iowa.

[Unless he has recruited well out there, then it COME BACK HOME DJ!]

Reaction Score
I have said before I like the idea of having an alum on the staff. But I agree with Oxford Bob, between Aaron and DJ's mishap in Southington, I wonder if it would be healthier for him in Iowa.

[Unless he has recruited well out there, then it COME BACK HOME DJ!]

No thanks. Hasn't he had a few issues as well?

Reaction Score
Associating DJ with Aaron is unfair, but that's what is and will happen to some degree. I don't see DJ here for the foreseeable future and I think that is one of the key reasons.

Reaction Score
People really have to get over that wristband saga at Southington. Not a big deal at all. Also is not fair at all to DJ that people want to link him to his brother's actions.[/quote
.....................................................................................................................................................................................
It's not fair to DJ but the media will be all over it, in print and probably be mentioned during a game.

Reaction Score
Hiring DJ as a position coach would be an excellent move. Former player, still young, played his high school ball in state. I think all those attributes are great to have on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
I don't get this? What are they going to say? How will this damage the school's reputation?

I never said anything about the schools rep, stop putting words in my mouth. .My point is does he want to put up with it or distance himself from it?

Reaction Score
I never said anything about the schools rep, stop putting words in my mouth. .My point is does he want to put up with it or distance himself from it?

That is a very fair question.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't know anything about DJ or any former player as an assistant. Frankly, the alumni connection isn't nearly as important as the ability to coach and recruit.

If we are looking at former players based on their playing career, I'd look at Mr. Fincher and eventually Mr. Butler before anyone else.

Reaction Score
Don't know anything about DJ or any former player as an assistant. Frankly, the alumni connection isn't nearly as important as the ability to coach and recruit.

If we are looking at former players based on their playing career, I'd look at Mr. Fincher and eventually Mr. Butler before anyone else.

DJ has been involved in coaching the last several years. He has experience as a TE coach (Iowa), WR coach (Miami, FL), and QB Coach (Brown University). Not only did he play multiple positions on offense as a player, he has coached multiple offensive positions as a coach. I believe that his youth, former days as a player at UCONN, and being a former high school star in Connecticut, would greatly help him as a recruiter, especially in CT.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mr. Fincher is running a fishing boat in the islands with Deon McPhee. Not exactly building the resume of a guy looking to come back and coach.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
DJ has been involved in coaching the last several years. He has experience as a TE coach (Iowa), WR coach (Miami, FL), and QB Coach (Brown University). Not only did he play multiple positions on offense as a player, he has coached multiple offensive positions as a coach. I believe that his youth, former days as a player at UCONN, and being a former high school star in Connecticut, would greatly help him as a recruiter, especially in CT.

I don't think any of that can be assured. If he's got the goods, his ties are a bonus, but sentimentality isn't the best thing rely upon when building an organization. How did Iowa's TE's or Miami's WR perform and improve? What recruits was he responsible for? How's his work ethic? Focus on the steak instead of the sizzle.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of that can be assured. If he's got the goods, his ties are a bonus, but sentimentality isn't the best thing rely upon when building an organization. How did Iowa's TE's or Miami's WR perform and improve? What recruits was he responsible for? How's his work ethic? Focus on the steak instead of the sizzle.

The TE for Iowa was named All Big Ten first team this season. I can check for quotes on DJ's work ethic as a coach, but it was well known at UCONN that he had an unbelievable work ethic as a player.

Reaction Score
hopefully we get some more potential assistant coaching updates soon.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Mr. Fincher is running a fishing boat in the islands with Deon McPhee. Not exactly building the resume of a guy looking to come back and coach.
Limin it, eh? :cool: Good for him. I did something similar after college and things worked out just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom