Any news on the purvis announcement | The Boneyard

Any news on the purvis announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know if this holds any weight, but it's interesting. A Rodney Purvis retweet:

“@TheMalachiPaige: @rpurvis_5 gone shock the world with his decision ! #differentroute”

I'm thinking the different route hash tag implies that he goes the different route to the NBA: NCCU.

Slow work day on Friday = reading into twitter too much.

Reaction Score
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria

Hearing NC State for Rodney Purvis but nothing is etched in stone until he announces today

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When kids say they are going to 'shock the world', it means they are going to do the exact opposite - they're going to play for the team in their neighborhood.

Reaction Score
I'd put money on him either saying state or that other school he has connections to in NC. Doesn't really matter. Napier + OC could be a stud backcourt. Give me a solid BIG

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And as I write this it will be in twenty minutes :) give or take five

Reaction Score
the original---

spontaneously and emphatically, El-Amin announced UConn had "shocked the world" while running around in celebration after the Huskies defeated Duke in the 1999 national championship game. He had made two clutch free throws in the closing seconds to create the final score, 77-74.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Who was the high level recruit a couple of years ago that signed with a mid-major despite offers from top schools? I think his name was McCullough or something and it might have been Detroit-Mercy? I think he signed with them because his dad was a coach there or something? So there is precedence for a top recruit to sign with a lesser program. Not something I would do but you never know what plays into the decisions of 17-18 year-old kids. For all we know, Purvis' girlfriend could be a student at or about to attend NC Central.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
the original---

spontaneously and emphatically, El-Amin announced UConn had "shocked the world" while running around in celebration after the Huskies defeated Duke in the 1999 national championship game. He had made two clutch free throws in the closing seconds to create the final score, 77-74.
I'm shocked I couldn't find that pre game interview on youtube.

Reaction Score
Who was the high level recruit a couple of years ago that signed with a mid-major despite offers from top schools? I think his name was McCullough or something and it might have been Detroit-Mercy? I think he signed with them because his dad was a coach there or something? So there is precedence for a top recruit to sign with a lesser program. Not something I would do but you never know what plays into the decisions of 17-18 year-old kids. For all we know, Purvis' girlfriend could be a student at or about to attend NC Central.
His Godfather is the head coach at NC Central.

Reaction Score
I'm at the highschoolot.com website, but can't find a link for the video of the news conference. Has anyone been able to find the link? Thanks

EDIT- nevermind I found it

Reaction Score
I'm at the highschoolot.com website, but can't find a link for the video of the news conference. Has anyone been able to find the link? Thanks
Yes, im watching it now. its right on the homepage

Reaction Score
Lower right hand corner, but nothing except a news report on him as of now.

Reaction Score

Actually happened twice that year. I think the other kids name was Trey Zeigler (?) and he went to play for his dad at Central Michigan.

Reaction Score

Adonal Foyle went to Colgate where both his guardians were professors. He was a top 5 National recruit and lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Don't have a good feeling based on the tweets from Telep i'm reading...lots of Wolfpackers there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom