Antwoine Anderson (Fordham Grad Transfer) | The Boneyard

Antwoine Anderson (Fordham Grad Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Must be a backup plan to Waters, right?

No, Waters will play 25-30 minutes and is a central piece. The 5th guard is a practice / junk minutes player who plays bigger minutes in the event of injury or foul trouble. We didn't have that roster spot filled last year and it really hurt us. As a 1-year post-grad, his roster spot would be open for 2018 recruiting.

For a guy like Antwoine Anderson, the experience of playing at UConn under the tutelage of a former pro point guard and with future pros would make up for the lack of playing time. Development at UConn would enhance his chances at a successful pro career, e.g. in Europe. With his experience at Fordham, he really doesn't need a similar experience at Buffalo or Iona. Don't know what Seton Hall would offer him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like this assumption we're getting waters. This is probably our 6th man if we don't get anyone else.

That's right. If we get Waters, he becomes the 5th guard in a 3 guard rotation. Whether he plays a meaningful role depends on whether we play 3 guards all game, or just most of it. If we don't get Waters, he's our 4th guard as of right now, and quite possibly our 5th best player.If we get him but not Waters, we may still find ourselves playing a good deal of 3 guard and he'll get plenty of time. And, presumably be competent.

pj

Reaction Score
can't shoot - i'll pass

I'd rather someone unathletic who can shoot the lights out

Disagree - only one person can shoot per possession, but you need all 5 to play defense every possession. You can cover up for a weak shooter on offense, but you can't cover a weak defender. Athleticism is so crucial. So are ball-handlers. Everything starts with a point guard.

Reaction Score
At a glance, it looks like he improved every year even when he was seemingly asked to do more. that's a good thing.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I just want a 5th guard who'll only take up a scholarship for one year and doesn't mind having a "break glass in case of emergency" role. If it's this kid, fine. If it's the kid from Oregon State, fine. If it's the kid that just left Wisconsin, that's fine too.

If last year taught us anything it's the need to carry 5 guys in the back court.

Reaction Score
can't shoot - i'll pass

I'd rather someone unathletic who can shoot the lights out

Close stats to Kromah 11 points, it worked out ok. Not full time we need depth, maybe on this one.

Reaction Score
Would rather have 2/3 shooter in that 5th guard role.

Beggars can't be choosers, though.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I've been watching the '99 season and it would be awesome to get someone who might be between E.J. Harrison and Craig Austrie. I would be very happy to hear that he is also a tremendous defender.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's a good deal bigger than Boatright at this point - he's 20 pounds heavier than he was when he committed to Fordham. Definitely athletic/fast. I wonder if they take a commitment or if they wait to see what happens with Waters. Anderson does seem more like a fifth-guard, UConn might want to keep the ripples to a pure minimum right now.

He's not very....active in Fordham's highlight reel for this game.

Reaction Score
Anderson does seem more like a fifth-guard, UConn might want to keep the ripples to a pure minimum right now.
Had the same thought, though you risk losing him to Seton Hall in a week and we aren't in a position to accept striking out on both kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom