Antonio Brown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Antonio Brown

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What’s Gruden’s excuse?

Not sure I buy that Brown isn’t just a lunatic. Maybe check for lead in the water in Pittsburgh. Everyone there is off.
Or check for ...
...steel

WONT GET FOOLED AGAIIINN

Reaction Score
Evidently he isn't going to be suspended now. His emotional apology ... as in "I'm really really sorry I might lose my money " ... will last right until 1) he isn't worried about losing his guaranteed money anymore and 2) he gets angry because he isn't getting the ball enough or someone else caught a winning touchdown. This is a mistake. He is apologizing to avoid tangible consequences - which is exactly what an entitled athlete will do. He needs to suffer consequences. Oakland will regret this in not more than a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Antonio Brown does have a UConn connection..

Reaction Score
He absolutely has CTE, guy went from being a brand ambassador for the league to being one of the biggest lunatics in a couple of years time. Shame on all the talking heads and the NFL for villainizing him instead of dealing with what is an obvious cry for help. The NFL sucks so hard.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What’s Gruden’s excuse?

Not sure I buy that Brown isn’t just a lunatic. Maybe check for lead in the water in Pittsburgh. Everyone there is off.

SMH. This is a clear and unadulterated example of TALENT trumping character. The latest word out of Oakland is that Brown will play Monday night. Gruden just sold his soul to the devil. (small d used on purpose). I have lost all respect for him. Gruden wants to WIN AT ANY COST. Even if it means allowing your GM to be emasculated in public.

Gruden: Plan is for Brown to play Monday night
After delivering an "emotional apology" during a team meeting Friday, Raiders receiver Antonio Brown will likely play in the team's opener on Monday night. "That's the plan," coach Jon Gruden said later in the day.

Brown crossed the line Wednesday when he confronted Mayock on the practice field and called him a "cracker" to his face in front of the team, Gruden and anyone else that happen to be within earshot. Then threatened to physically assault him (punch him in the face). Brown had to then be restrained by Vontaze Burfict. Once Brown did that, he had to go. You can't apologize enough after that. You can't put THAT toothpaste back in the tube.

Excerpt from an ESPN article today: "A Raiders source confirmed Brown was unhappy with a fine levied by the team and, seeing Mayock watching practice, walked over and initiated an exchange with the GM. The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation."

Let's flip the script. Brown calling Mayock a "cracker" is tantamount to Mayock calling Brown the "N" word (If he were to do it). What would the out cry from inside and outside of the organization (as well as the sports world and the general public) be if Mayock had done that? They would DEMAND Mayock's resignation/firing .........immediately!! They should have CUT HIM!!! Gruden wants to win so bad, he allowed Brown to disrespect Mayock, his teammates and the entire Raider organization. This guy is as narcissistic as they come.

Mr Big chest: "The rules around here don't apply to me, so F*#@ off, and give me my money." :mad:

Familiarity breeds contempt. I guarantee you there will be another episode of this nature before the 5th game. I didn't need any envelopes to see the next one coming. Then we'll be reading about AB's latest antics/distractions all over again. His apology today was like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. SMH :confused:

In the meantime, STEELER NATION is LTAO. They’ve already seen this circus act multiple times. :D

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Please tell me you don't really believe that?

Brown has brain damage and the Raiders are idiots.

I didn't make this up.........................
Excerpt from an ESPN article today: "A Raiders source confirmed Brown was unhappy with a fine levied by the team and, seeing Mayock watching practice, walked over and initiated an exchange with the GM. The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation."

Using racial epithets is wrong. What's the difference? Brown was wrong for calling Mayock what he called him as wrong as Mayock would have been if he lost it, and called Brown the N word. :confused: The Raiders knew EXACTLY what they where getting into. Gruden wanted him AT ANY COST!!! He got him. Now it's time to pay the piper. :)

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He absolutely has CTE, guy went from being a brand ambassador for the league to being one of the biggest lunatics in a couple of years time. Shame on all the talking heads and the NFL for villainizing him instead of dealing with what is an obvious cry for help. The NFL sucks so hard.

Never can tell. Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland is a nursery school. It's been that way for roughly 40 years.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have CTE. He has EAS - Entitled Athlete Syndrome.
lol I'm not calling it CTE either but maybe you should go over the middle and take a shoulder to the head from Vontaze Burfict and see how you turn out

Reaction Score
That Schutt helmet might be worth money to someone.

This dude is really making a circus out of the NFL. Hard to believe.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And people think NFL players deserve more guaranteed money. Point being here he can afford to be a loose cannon because there is nothing you can do now - you already paid him.

I don’t know how to interpret the otherwise very artistic montage video. If it was my team I will end it.... then again, I never would have traded for him....

Edit update: maybe I would keep him on the roster - on the inactive list...... hmmmmm

Reaction Score
lol I'm not calling it CTE either but maybe you should go over the middle and take a shoulder to the head from Vontaze Burfict and see how you turn out

Yes, because everyone who goes over the middle in the NFL acts like this. It doesn't have any correlation at all with the fact that he feels he should be untouchable because he is a "superstar". It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he hasn't been held accountable. And of course no NFL player would ever say what I just said. Oh wait. There's Bryant McFadden. That took one whole search to find. Suppose I could find more?

When I was 22, I was wearing a different uniform. That uniform represented things just a bit more serious than football.

Reaction Score
Yes, because everyone who goes over the middle in the NFL acts like this. It doesn't have any correlation at all with the fact that he feels he should be untouchable because he is a "superstar". It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he hasn't been held accountable. And of course no NFL player would ever say what I just said. Oh wait. There's Bryant McFadden. That took one whole search to find. Suppose I could find more?

When I was 22, I was wearing a different uniform. That uniform represented things just a bit more serious than football.
Not everyone presents with the same chronic behavioral disturbances following a significant TBI, and there are premorbid factors you don’t know about.

Obviously he’s been enabled too; nobody is discounting that. But oh wow, ignorant football players agree with you. Congratulations.

As a speech therapist, I’d wager I know more about and have more direct experience with TBI than just about anyone here, and more the vast majority of the population. I’ve directly managed the TBI population both in hospital and rehabilitation settings for years. This isn’t just diva behavior; it’s frankly erratic.

Nobody cares what you did when you were 22.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can rush to some CTE diagnosis. This behavior isn't new for the guy, hell Ryan Clark came out and said he wasn't a "good human" during his time at Pittsburgh. Some people are just dicks, he appears to be one of them.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He’s probably just stupid.

That’s my diagnosis without having examined the patient.
A ton of money, video game covers, a few brain bruises and a bunch of “advisors” feeding that ego 24-7.

This is the kind of guy that gets shot in the back by his own teammates — eventually.

Gonna guess he is broke in four to five years as well.

Sad, yes. Tiresome too.

SNL desperately needs to spoof this.... but won’t - cause they are cowardly these days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am kinda surprised he got off with racial epithets. Way to celebrate the 100th season!

Reaction Score
Guaranteed contract terminated. Ouch.

End up on the Patriots?

Reaction Score
I am kinda surprised he got off with racial epithets. Way to celebrate the 100th season!
It’s okay when it’s a white person on the receiving end

ESPN characterized it as a “spat” and a “tiff” lmao in what professional setting is calling your boss a cracker and telling him you’ll punch him in the face a “spat”

I will say I haven’t seen any tv media note the epithet, ESPN or otherwise

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom