Anriel Howard to Miss St | The Boneyard

Anriel Howard to Miss St

Reaction Score
Certainly will be a different team from last year when they thrived from behind the arc. Will be much deeper in the front court where they add two incoming five-star posts in addition. Teams will sag a lot if a true perimeter threat doesn’t emerge, but Danbury and Holmes are as quick as any guards in the SEC. Potentially another final four team for Vic?

Reaction Score
Few of the SEC teams wouldve been able to handle McCowan alone, but I see her and Howard grabbing lots of boards on both ends. SC and TN don’t have the height to hang with them IMO

Reaction Score
Good for her! I’m no sore loser so congrats on her decision and I wish her the best!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That front court is gonna be beastly. I'll have an opportunity to see it when they come to Seattle. I'm afraid that might get ugly for the home team.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Huge get for Mississippi State. If their guard play is consistent taking care of the ball and passing to the right players, I think they have a good shot to get back in the Final Four. That rebounding duo is going to be extremely difficult for anyone to match up with.

I know Howard mentioned she wanted to play in a role that will help her draft stock....guessing we’ll see more of a perimeter game from her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Considering that Howard has been in College Station all summer finishing up her degree, and presumably working out at A&M’s facilities from time to time, it is noteworthy that Gary Blair was unable to persuade her to remain an Aggie. Clearly Howard wants a shot at a championship under a formidable coach, and she doesn’t see that opportunity at A&M.

Reaction Score
MS State also has a very exciting redshirt freshman point guard in Myah Taylor. Don't sleep on her. She was one of the best guards in the country in her class, and Vic elected to redshirt her last year even though she wasn't injured with all of the guard depth they had.

Reaction Score
That front court is gonna be beastly. I'll have an opportunity to see it when they come to Seattle. I'm afraid that might get ugly for the home team.
I think Mississippi State is also playing Oregon in December. That should be a great game. I'll probably go to this game if UO will allow an OSU Beaver Fan in the door. What a great addition to Mississippi State's team. They are going to be a dominant rebounding team.

Reaction Score
MS State also has a very exciting redshirt freshman point guard in Myah Taylor. Don't sleep on her. She was one of the best guards in the country in her class, and Vic elected to redshirt her last year even though she wasn't injured with all of the guard depth they had.

#50 ESPN and 3-star (not in top 150) PN

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
These intra-conference transfers in the SEC are something else :confused:
Anriel waited until the requirement to sit out a year for intra-conference transfers was rescinded.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think Mississippi State is also playing Oregon in December. That should be a great game. I'll probably go to this game if UO will allow an OSU Beaver Fan in the door. What a great addition to Mississippi State's team. They are going to be a dominant rebounding team.

MS was already going to be tougher than a $2 steak. Add Howard to the mix, and their team rebound totals per game just went up. McCowan can't get all of the rebounds, but what she doesn't get Howard most likely will. She likes to rebound and takes pride in doing so. You know Schaefer will give her a lot of minutes.
Like Pheesa, she's also a ball magnet. :eek:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
So Anriel switched from Gary Blair to his former assistant. Interesting.

I was quite taken aback by this announcement. I'd think that if she's on good terms with Blair that she wouldn't transfer into the SEC, and definitely not to his protege. I could be wrong.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I was quite taken aback by this announcement. I'd think that if she's on good terms with Blair that she wouldn't transfer into the SEC, and definitely not to his protege. I could be wrong.

She’s made it clear she wants to play where she can have the best chance to improve her draft stock and have a prominent role. Maybe she wanted to stay in the south too. Not sure there are any other schools in the area that have a need for a player like her along with great coaching. I don’t see why is it considered an insult to transfer to another team in the same conference, or why there are specific rules to deter athletes from doing so. Any player should be able to transfer to any program IMO.

Reaction Score
Vic signed 2 SEC transfers in the off season. Howard and 6' 5" Freshman All SEC Team Promise Taylor from Ole Miss. Taylor will have to sit out a year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom