Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Another WVU insider posting UVA and UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If that comes to pass, we can dry our tears with money.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, why do I care how much money the program makes and spend. What I want is to be able to go to competitive games at a high level.

But, given that the ACC is not a sure bet to survive any more, you can't turn down a Big Ten invite if it domes so it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Isn't that what people said about joining a basketball league with Georgetown, St. John's, and Syracuse?

Look, if that's the conference, I'm buying season tickets every year. You'd get half of those teams at the Rent every year, and some years you'd also get a conference game against Nebraska or Michigan at home. I'd take that every week. Are they going to win a bunch of games every year in this imaginary scenario? Not likely at first. But with the right coach, it's "doable."

No matter how much we would like it to be basketball is not football. And, Connecticut was and is more of a basketball state (in terms of fan support and producing national athletes) than a football state.

Reaction Score
I don't think it is going to happen either. But I can now see it (as ridiculous as it still seems to me in so many ways).

Oh -- and good luck to us in a 9 team football league with Penn State, Ohio State and Notre Dame. We should all be very careful what we wish for.
Which is more likely? This happening, or me winning the over $420Million Powerball jackpot tomorrow?:cool:

Reaction Score
Honestly, why do I care how much money the program makes and spend. What I want is to be able to go to competitive games at a high level.

But, given that the ACC is not a sure bet to survive any more, you can't turn down a Big Ten invite if it domes so it is what it is.
For me--it's basketball. In that conference you made up, there's some really good basketball, but the only teams better historically than UConn would be Indiana and UNC. I'd wager we'd be more likely to continue our success.

Reaction Score
I don't think it is going to happen either. But I can now see it (as ridiculous as it still seems to me in so many ways).

Oh -- and good luck to us in a 9 team football league with Penn State, Ohio State and Notre Dame. We should all be very careful what we wish for.

Bus...could we not have said the same in 1978-79, when UConn entered the Big East in basketball? It would certainly be a great challenge to compete with the football powers mentioned, but we've done it before and I think UConn can do it again.

Reaction Score

We'd see a bump in recruiting....

Reaction Score
Bus...could we not have said the same in 1978-79, when UConn entered the Big East in basketball? It would certainly be a great challenge to compete with the football powers mentioned, but we've done it before and I think UConn can do it again.

See my prior post.

Reaction Score

What is the max capacity that the Rent can be extended to? With those teams coming in every year, we can build it up big fast and play big boy ball.

Reaction Score
We'd see a bump in recruiting....

Same thing I said when Rutgers joined. If we are competitive in the Big Ten, it will help recruiting (but not by much since all our northeastern competitors are being upgraded as well). If we can't stay competitive, however, good luck.

Reaction Score
What is the max capacity that the Rent can be extended to? With those teams coming in every year, we can build it up big fast and play big boy ball.
Town of East Hartford got some max capacity stipulation of 60-65,000 written into the initial agreement with the State for construction of the RENT.

Reaction Score
Oh man, UNC is leaving!
I'd read that very much like you...what he didn't say is what is important...and I'm sure what was left out was"but it won't be. We've leaving with Uva for the Big 10 and we'll be opening next season in the Big House"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Translation -- "Would one of you suckers behind me not let the door hit me on my way out."

I don't think so. Troll the UNC boards...they hate the idea of the Big Ten. There is an awful lot of pride at stake here. UNC and UVA help found the ACC. I have no doubt that they will do whatever they think is necessary to hold it together. I find all rumors of their departure to lack credibility. Likewise, the Big Ten doesn't want southern schools. Maryland barely passes that test, but my best guess is it's as far south as they go.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Troll the UNC boards...they hate the idea of the Big Ten. There is an awful lot of pride at stake here. UNC and UVA help found the ACC. I have no doubt that they will do whatever they think is necessary to hold it together. I find all rumors of their departure to lack credibility. Likewise, the Big Ten doesn't want southern schools. Maryland barely passes that test, but my best guess is it's as far south as they go.

I don't see UNC blowing up the ACC. I see them waiting until it is clear the ACC is going to blow up anyway for them to bail.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with you on this. While I think both UNC and Virginia would do what they need to do to protect themselves, I think they are proud of the ACC and will work very hard to keep it together. I also agree on the big 10 for what that's worth. I just don't see them moving on two southern schools. Maryland is a different animal even from Northern Virginia I think. Particularly if the Big has other options, and I think they do.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with you on this. While I think both UNC and Virginia would do what they need to do to protect themselves, I think they are proud of the ACC and will work very hard to keep it together. I also agree on the big 10 for what that's worth. I just don't see them moving on two southern schools. Maryland is a different animal even from Northern Virginia I think. Particularly if the Big has other options, and I think they do.

Reaction Score
Same thing I said when Rutgers joined. If we are competitive in the Big Ten, it will help recruiting (but not by much since all our northeastern competitors are being upgraded as well). If we can't stay competitive, however, good luck.
UConn, Rutgers, PSU, Maryland, UNC, UVA, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue

Let's chalk up Notre Dame (who we've beaten) and OSU and automatic losses. Let's say this happens immediately (so PSU isn't great).

They've beaten Maryland this year, have beaten UVA recently. Can beat UNC and Purdue clearly, and the same with Rutgers. So, that means that they can go 6-2 in conference not unreasonably? That doesn't seem too bad. Depending on who their inter-divisional rival is (Indiana? Minnesota?), they might be able to get another win. 7-2?

Reaction Score
Mhver3 doesn't hate The Guy. In fact, he stole some of The Guy's material.

I noticed! It's funny how I found out. I googled San Diego State the day after I tweeted that San Diego State to Big 12 stuff. I couldn't believe it. I found this thread:

http://www.aztecmesa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ats&action=display&thread=27288&page=1

It's now 10 pages. I noticed they're talking about MHver3, so I went to check MHver3's twitter, and sure enough, he had posted some San Diego State to Big 12 stuff like 12 hours after me.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I noticed! It's funny how I found out. I googled San Diego State the day after I tweeted that San Diego State to Big 12 stuff. I couldn't believe it. I found this thread:

http://www.aztecmesa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ats&action=display&thread=27288&page=1

It's now 10 pages. I noticed they're talking about MHver3, so I went to check MHver3's twitter, and sure enough, he had posted some San Diego State to Big 12 stuff like 12 hours after me.

You are truly our "wildcard", my friend!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

LOL, he gets the credit with the SDSU board on their "roomers" thread (haha "roomers"), but we know where MHver3 got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom