Another writer pushing for UCONN | The Boneyard

Another writer pushing for UCONN

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, talk about damning with faint praise.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is really unfortunate that we've been lumped into such a preposterous overall scenario by whoever this moron is. The Pac wouldn't touch Boise, but that is no match for their disgust for BYU. The league that contains Berkeley is not inviting BYU. Every BYU game at most Pac campuses would be a cause for protest.

The Big 12 already passed on Cinci and Houston. So there's that.

Then we have the miracle Notre Dame to the ACC move. What a collection of vastly improbable things.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Boise St is right there academically with UCLA, Cal, and Stanford. Could happen.

Reaction Score
It is really unfortunate that we've been lumped into such a preposterous overall scenario by whoever this moron is. The Pac wouldn't touch Boise, but that is no match for their disgust for BYU. The league that contains Berkeley is not inviting BYU. Every BYU game at most Pac campuses would be a cause for protest.

The Big 12 already passed on Cinci and Houston. So there's that.

Then we have the miracle Notre Dame to the ACC move. What a collection of vastly improbable things.
I definitely can see them taking Boise St, and even BYU under certain conditions. I mean if the Pac 12 wants to grovel to Texas, Boise or BYU isn't such a stretch.

Reaction Score
We're essentially a shoo-in for the next round. Big Ten or ACC would both work. Maybe Big Ten would have more success due to northern culture.

Reaction Score
I still wonder if the Big 12 can hold out and be the only 10 member conference....I thought they were going to expand and still wonder what they were told by their consultants that slammed the door.

Reaction Score
We're essentially a shoo-in for the next round. Big Ten or ACC would both work. Maybe Big Ten would have more success due to northern culture.
Why do you think the next round will be adds? I would expect existing deadweight to go first.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ack...

Since it was just May the fourth, I will simply say:

tumblr_ljxqgtC1zr1qgpzvfo1_500.gif~c200

CL82

Reaction Score
I still wonder if the Big 12 can hold out and be the only 10 member conference....I thought they were going to expand and still wonder what they were told by their consultants that slammed the door.
Hard to say for sure, but I'm guessing it went something like:
angry-executive-screaming-office-728x471.jpg

"Listen you little b1tch, we are the 'worldwide leader' and we say that you are not expanding. You fook with us and we will wipe you off the planet, just like we did with the Big East. Are we clear?"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hard to say for sure, but I'm guessing it went something like:
angry-executive-screaming-office-728x471.jpg

"Listen you little b1tch, we are the 'worldwide leader' and we say that you are not expanding. You fook with us and we will wipe you off the planet, just like we did with the Big East. Are we clear?"

LOL...

Swofford gets a lot of guff...but I think that his planned murder of the Big East was brilliant, cold, and ruthless.....I think it was as much or more Swofford than ESPN.

Sonny's bad day at the long Island Expressway toll booth was the same kind of ambush.

CL82

Reaction Score
LOL...

Swofford gets a lot of guff...but I think that his planned murder of the Big East was brilliant, cold, and ruthless.....I think it was as much or more Swofford than ESPN.

Sonny's bad day at the long Island Expressway toll booth was the same kind of ambush.
Mmm, not so sure that it was Swofford's grand plan. The timing seemed to line up better with ESPN's needs more than the ACC's. Regardless, I think we can agree on two things:

1) Swofford managed to keep his conference afloat when its future was uncertain on several different occasions.

2) Without ESPN bank rolling the evisceration of the Big East, it never happens.​

Reaction Score
Well....maybe Swofford was just ESPN's Luca Brasi.

But Swofford was thinking about it back when Tranghese was pitching the idea....and I think that Swofford pitched it to ESPN.

Reaction Score
Well....maybe Swofford was just ESPN's Luca Brasi.

But Swofford was thinking about it back when Tranghese was pitching the idea....and I think that Swofford pitched it to ESPN.
Tranghese pitched the following: "I have these 7 seven basketball only Catholic schools that basically run the conference. Their boss and my boss is one and the same....Mr Dave Gavitt....they don't give two *ts about Football, all they care about is the Big East tourney at Madison square garden. Any suggestions guys?"

Tranghese was duck**d before he opened his mouth. Swofford saw all that and offered something that Tranghese never could. Penn State being rejected for membership a few years earlier by Gavitt and company killed any chance of the football schools forming their own conference down the road.

Reaction Score

I really think that the ACC is a better fit. It has more basketball schools. It has old BE teams. There are more advantages for Olympic sports (we could stay in Hockey East, ACC is better at baseball, etc.)

The Big Ten is better, top to bottom, at football. I would say at the top they are equal, though.

Reaction Score
The article is spot on. Notre Dame to ACC is key. We would be a perfect fit for the ACC.

Reaction Score
The article is spot on. Notre Dame to ACC is key. We would be a perfect fit for the ACC.
Which isn't likely, we signed to 2036 and will only join if access to playoff is gone. Which access has to be maintained for a second p5 or token access do g5.

Reaction Score
The Big East is a more realistic scenario.
I dont really think so because there is no way that Aresco will let us keep football only in the conference, and there is no way we go to fcs.

Reaction Score
College Football Realignment Moves That Need to Happen

He could have added several other reasons for the move for UConn is my only criticism.

Here's what he says about his background and experience:

I'm a veteran sportswriter who has spent 13 years covering the Big 10, ACC and SEC for newspapers in the South and Midwest. I've focused on Alabama, Clemson and Wisconsin at various points in my career and have expertise in college football, basketball and baseball and have covered numerous other sports.
In 2000, I covered University of Wisconsin football for the Dubuque (Ia.) Telegraph Herald.
From 2001-05, I covered the ups and downs of University of Alabama athletics for the late, great Birmingham Post-Herald. When the Post-Herald folded in September 2005, I moved to South Carolina and covered Clemson University athletics for the Anderson Independent Mail. I spent seven-plus years with the Independent Mail and continue to cover Clemson sports, including now for Bleacher Report. I have won numerous state and national awards for my writing and look forward to sharing my expertise with you.

On paper, he looks solid. I don't know if anyone pays attention to what he says, but he is more credentialed that many idiots who opine about CR masquerading as Nostradamus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom