Another writer pushing for UCONN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another writer pushing for UCONN

Reaction Score
Sure FSU wanted Louisville...and that was a good decision for ACC football and, as time proved, the ACC...

Why continue to be so stung?

It was what it was...time to move on and look to the next round...that's what this board is about.

Looking to the future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why continue to be so stung?

It was what it was...time to move on and look to the next round...that's what this board is about.

Looking to the future.
It's like you don't know us at all.

[Full disclosure: I'm only seeing your side of this conversation]

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Looking to the future.
If there is no next round we're absolutely F-ed. That's why people are salty. We've already lost 10's of millions. Can't be that hard to understand.

Reaction Score
You're still stung by the civil war aren't ya?

Not particularly...my dad's family have been on the same farm in Neenah, Wisconsin since 1856....my dad, brother, and all the members of my family are buried along the shore of Lake Winnebago. My paternal GG rode with the Wisconsin 3rd cavalry.

My mom's family is from Wilcox County, Alabama...and I have spent my life in Florida. My maternal GGG died at the battle of Resaca...with the 4th Alabama.

The Civil War is an interesting period in history...and that's pretty much it. It made us all what we are.

Never had much impact on my hometown, Pensacola...a pretty cosmopolitan Navy town as I was growing up,

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Hey maybe you're right, the power programs in the ACC have no respect for what HCRE is trying to do or for our offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, and Pitt, Cuse, and BC were shaking in their boots when they had to play us all those years in the Big East. Lol
When Louisville was selected over UConn, it was reported Clemson, Florida State, and GT had no respect for our FB program. If you think that's changed in the last few years, you're not tethered to reality.

And if you think BC and Syracuse would welcome competition from UConn, you're naive.

Reaction Score
When Louisville was selected over UConn, it was reported Clemson, Florida State, and GT had no respect for our FB program. If you think that's changed in the last few years, you're not tethered to reality.

And if you think BC and Syracuse would welcome competition from UConn, you're naive.

What does Pitt think about us? Do we have their support or are they going to blackball us too?

pj

Reaction Score
If UConn had ever once beaten Boston College, and if a very bad BC that went 2-6 in conference last year, hadn't beaten the Huskies 30-0, I might put some credence into the "shaking in their boots" comment.

I do believe that BC wanted to maintain their position as the only ACC team in the corridor and campaigned against UConn inclusion...but I don't think it was fear of prowess as much as defense of territory

Pitt and Cuse, I could see it, I guess...if they were ultimately more afraid of UConn then Louisville

You are overly focused on sports. The college environment in the northeast is hotly competitive, there are so many universities here that are struggling to get enough quality undergraduates and graduates to maintain their positions in the college rankings. Sports is a recruiting tool that supports admissions. BC and Cuse recruit heavily in the New York - to - Boston corridor and the rise of a strong sports-playing public university in that corridor would be highly damaging to them. Syracuse's standing has faded as UConn's athletic star rose from the 1970s onward, and the two compete for exactly the same students. BC is similarly threatened, though they draw a slightly higher caliber undergraduate on average with national pull, they still lose a lot of students they want to UConn.

Reaction Score
I see.

UConn was a business rival...as much as a sports rival threat.

Makes sense then....that BC would want to thwart their business rival.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Pensacola...a pretty cosmopolitan Navy town as I was growing up,
Based on some messages, you appear to be older than some dinosaurs. Setting that aside, even now Pensacola and cosmopolitan are 2 words rarely included in the same sentence let alone in the same stratosphere. When typing your message, what form of wacky tabacky were you smoking, what were you drinking, what prescription drugs were you taking, or what combination of all of the preceding inspired that comic relief?

Reaction Score
You are funny...but I was a service brat....behind the gates, everywhere is pretty much the same. The O club pool in summer, the golf courses and tennis....and the west side of town near NAS was Navy. I went to parochial schools.

Before my high school years in Pensacola (thus my home town)...we had been stationed all over the US and one tour overseas (Guam).

My dad continued to work at Pensacola NAS as a defense contractor after retirement.

I am fairly aged in years, but I feel younger LOL.....I did graduate from high school the same year that the Mustang came out and the Beetles went on Ed Sullivan....

....sooo..my references are different...But when someone successfully reaches my age...they may have graduated high school, gone from boy to man in the service, completed their education after service, forged a career, found a life's love and raised a family, buried their parents and a sibling or two, and looked cancer in the eye...and thus they are what they are...and are fairly comfortable with it.

I'll take being old as a dinosaur...

Reaction Score
blah blah blah

Behind or outside the gates, none of which changes the fact nothing about Pensacola is cosmopolitan. Nothing, zip, nada, zilch!

Reaction Score
You are funny...but I was a service brat....behind the gates, everywhere is pretty much the same. The O club pool in summer, the golf courses and tennis....and the west side of town near NAS was Navy. I went to parochial schools.

Before my high school years in Pensacola (thus my home town)...we had been stationed all over the US and one tour overseas (Guam).

My dad continued to work at Pensacola NAS as a defense contractor after retirement.

I am fairly aged in years, but I feel younger LOL.....I did graduate from high school the same year that the Mustang came out and the Beetles went on Ed Sullivan....

....sooo..my references are different...But when someone successfully reaches my age...they may have graduated high school, gone from boy to man in the service, completed their education after service, forged a career, found a life's love and raised a family, buried their parents and a sibling or two, and looked cancer in the eye...and thus they are what they are...and are fairly comfortable with it.

I hope you had ear plugs when living near the NAS, the F4 was the loudest jet I ever heard and Pensacola had tons of them. Lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Are you a Crusader alumni like Morning Joe?

Reaction Score
Fight on Crusaders, fight!

Behind or outside the gates, none of which changes the fact nothing about Pensacola is cosmopolitan. Nothing, zip, nada, zilch!

Cosmopolitan means :
"a person who is free from local, provincial, or national bias or attachment; citizen of the world"

A Navy town of 50 years ago was that (particularly the west side of Pensacola)....folks from areas all over the country who moved like gypsies every couple of years. You have a much less regional perspective when you grow up in seven or eight different states and areas of the country and with folks who also were from all over the map.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom