Another visitor this weekend- Sam Cassell, Jr. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another visitor this weekend- Sam Cassell, Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
And she's pretty jacked too. Those kids are gonna be ridiculously athletic. The runt of the litter will still be a D1 athlete.

Watch the first born male turn out to be a 5'8" Urkel-type bookworm. Okay, probably not, but it could happen.

Reaction Score
Durant's fiance is a WNBA player, they might end up making a super baby

He's getting married to Monica Wright. Sorry, but i think my wahoos have dibs on their offspring!

Reaction Score
Clearly Durant was a bad example. Maybe if Drummond ends up with that Nickelodeon girl, I'd have a better one (insert "hope he inherits his free throw shooting from his Mom" joke here).

Reaction Score
This article really gives a good sense of what this young man is thinking:

http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?628-Sam-Cassell-Jr-visits-Marquette-more-on-deck

The talented guard also knows what he is looking for in a basketball program. "I want to win. I'm a winner, I want a school that is going to win, I want to go to a winning program, somewhere that will help me get to the NBA. I also want to go where I will get playing time. I know I will play wherever I go, but I want to play right away, that is important."

Having Sam Cassell as your father, someone that went through a recruitment, played college ball and went on to the NBA has been a help to Sam as he travels through the process. "My dad has been a big help, but he doesn't tell me what to do, he said this is my life, it is my decision, and that this is the most important decision that I will ever make, so he wants me to take my time and make the right decision." Sam knows what his mom wants from his recruitment, "She doesn't mind where I play, she only wants one thing, and that is for me to get a good education."

So where will Cassell play his college ball and when will he make his decision? "I am still open, I don't have a leader at this point. I have visited Missouri and Marquette, I visit UConn this weekend and will visit Louisville next week. I don't have a deadline, when I feel it, when I know where I want to go I will make the decision. I do want to commit by October though, I want to sign during the early period. I want to make the right decision."

Reaction Score
I've always felt Shabazz has a lil bit of Sam Cassell in his game, watching Cassell Jr's highlight vids his game definitely resemebles his father's and Bazz's.

Reaction Score
I've always felt Shabazz has a lil bit of Sam Cassell in his game, watching Cassell Jr's highlight vids his game definitely resemebles his father's and Bazz's.

For those elder Husky fans a little Earl Kelley in that game of his which is a good thing.........and hid dad's game too!!

Reaction Score
Agreed even mentioned it in a thread that was disparaging bazz's pro potential. High level competitors who get after it. Cassell was way better in mid range, but bazz can get there I think . I like our chances with a bmore kid

Reaction Score
For those elder Husky fans a little Earl Kelley in that game of his which is a good thing.........and hid dad's game too!!

Kelley was one of the few that could leap across tall buildings in a single bound. When Kelley was arrested while hurtling buildings, I was working the jails for the New Haven Sheriff's Dept. Astonishing to see a guy who committed to UConn when I was a middle schooler end up there.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
You can feel the excitement in the recruiting saga again!! We are fickle m*******ers.

Reaction Score
Kelley was one of the few that could leap across tall buildings in a single bound. When Kelley was arrested while hurtling buildings, I was working the jails for the New Haven Sheriff's Dept. Astonishing to see a guy who committed to UConn when I was a middle schooler end up there.

Earl was a wide body that overpowered the opposing pt. I knew Earl took him home on breaks rough life growing up off of Elm st in New Haven. That's all I'll say here.

Reaction Score
We should get both Cassells one to draw up the x and o's and mentor our players as well as his son his stroke looks dangerous and looks like he has a very high basketball IQ. He will add quality and stability to the roster.

Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone will see this, but both Cassell and Kasongo are on campus. I just came back from dinner at Geno's and that's where I saw them. Kasongo was at one table with his parents, Lasan Kromah and Karl Hobbs. Cassell was at another table with Phil Nolan, Kevin Freeman, Glen Miller, Rickey Moore and a team manager.

I know this board always wants to know if the recruits made it for the visit and we saw the tweets from them earlier, but I figured I would give you an update to let you know that they are actually on campus.

Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone will see this, but both Cassell and Kasongo are on campus. I just came back from dinner at Geno's and that's where I saw them. Kasongo was at one table with his parents, Lasan Kromah and Karl Hobbs. Cassell was at another table with Phil Nolan, Kevin Freeman, Glen Miller, Rickey Moore and a team manager.

I know this board always wants to know if the recruits made it for the visit and we saw the tweets from them earlier, but I figured I would give you an update to let you know that they are actually on campus.

Did you slide them a fat envolop?

Reaction Score

This backs up what you were saying earlier about Lyle. Lyle may very well be on campus, but they can't pay for his dinner if he's not on an official visit.

caw

Reaction Score
Is there a limit on the number of players that can go to dinner, do they have to pay themselves? Is it only the host player? Interesting they chose Kromah to host after he's only been on campus a short time. If Ollie isn't with Lyle, where is he?

Reaction Score
Is there a limit on the number of players that can go to dinner, do they have to pay themselves? Is it only the host player? Interesting they chose Kromah to host after he's only been on campus a short time. If Ollie isn't with Lyle, where is he?

I thought everything is paid for on official visits.

Reaction Score

I noticed that Kromah is hosting as well. I've heard that the staff is very high on Kromah and feel like they scored big with him. I think he is already a respected member of the group because he is a sick scorer and he's very mature.

Hobbs was with Kromah and Kasongo. Hobbs has a relationship with Kromah from GW. Hobbs might have chosen the host and he is probably pretty close with Lasan and enjoys his company. The best way to convey the closeness of the team and family atmosphere is to show it to them.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall reading any kind of update on Cassell Jr. after his visit. Any word about him and his reaction to the visit?

Reaction Score
quiet. Was watching a bucks magic first round playoff series from 01, ray ray shared a backcourt with senior cassell. must have met ray when he was kid .

Reaction Score
...ray ray shared a backcourt with senior cassell. must have met ray when he was kid .

That's a good point. SC Jr was probably hard to impress with our alums, but I'm sure he understood that UConn put them all in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom