Another Terrence Jones disappearing act? | The Boneyard

Another Terrence Jones disappearing act?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not watching the game, but saw his stat line for the half. Still reeling or did he play minimal minutes?

Reaction Score
Let me be extremely clear about the following points - eeee hem (clearing throat).

1. Kentucky is VERY beatable. See below as to why.
2. Cal is a great recruiter and a terrible coach.
3. Not sure what's going on with T. Jones, but it's clearly in his head. I consider him their absolute best player. The fact that he's unhappy, given that he CHOSE to return when he was a lottery pick, tells me that it's a PT/Touches issue. He simply doesn't like the way Cal is choosing to use him. That is very bad news for UK. See below as to why.
4. Kentucky shot almost 1/2 their shots from 3 today. Half. They have waaay too much inside talent to be bombing away at that rate. Live by the 3, die by the 3. They will cruise through their season beating lesser teams using their exception talent and fine 3 point bombing, not developing their inside game with TJ and the big guy and Gilchrist and so on, and then, when they are deep in March . . . maybe April . . .

They run into the juggernaut known as UConn, where there will not be any easy 3s. But, having habituated themselves to bomb, they will bomb. And they will bomb bombing, and not shoot well. And we will grind them the duck out and win. And people will say that they didn't shoot well. And people will say the lights were oddly angled. And people will say that they were a great team that just had an off night.

But us. We'll know.

You win championships with team defense, not flash, individual egos, and bombs.

And that's why JC is a demigod and Cal is worm .

Reaction Score
I don't really understand how you separate recruiting from coaching, regardless of what I think of Calipari personally he's certainly a good coach.

Reaction Score
You could say that Cal is a great recruiter, but a mediocre developer of players. Overall, a decent coach, based on his career W/L, FF appearance(s).

Reaction Score
I don't really understand how you separate recruiting from coaching, regardless of what I think of Calipari personally he's certainly a good coach.

Coaching = getting the best out of your players
Recruiting = convincing the best players to come to your school

There's a difference

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well, the first is getting talented players to commit to your program and the other is making those players better, developing game plans to exploit your strengths and making in game adjustments to help you beat other teams. Pretty easy to seprate them. He's good at the first and not so good at the second.

Reaction Score
why do i care whats going on with jones,squid and uk? oh wait, i dont. since when has calipari won anything? hes a great recruiter and an average coach. in the last 5 years hes had more mcdaa than jim calhoun has had in 30 years and has NOTHING to show for it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As much as I cannot stand him and suspect he cuts every corner he can cut in recruiting, Calipari can coach.

As for nothing to show for it, he's made it to three Final Fours and that's really impressive!

As for nothing to show for it, he's made it to two Final Fours and that's pretty impressive.

As for nothing to show for it, for the time being, he did make it to last year's Final Four.

Reaction Score
You could say that Cal is a great recruiter, but a mediocre developer of players. Overall, a decent coach, based on his career W/L, FF appearance(s).

Appearance. Singular. To be further determined after investigation of the NCAA.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Cal can recruit, he somehow manages to land 5 top 20 kids a year

his coaching style is to let them play, give them minutes, and essentially guarantee that he doesn't turn a kid who arrived a lottery pick into a 2nd round pick

if that's coaching, so be it

before UK, he followed Tarkanian's playbook for winning, take the most talented kids that don't qualify for the other top programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom